The online racing simulator
yeah orion mentioned that to me as well, but i don't see how?
Oh. My. God. But enough of my amazement, I'll go and test it out for a bit longer to see what i can find...
Hmm, I don't have flash installed here, but I didn't think it was that difficult. It might be under the "Publish" settings?
yeah just found it. It's called 'Windows Projector (.exe)' and there's a Mac option too - does that really make a Mac exe? We'll find out
Here's a Windows .exe
Attached files
remote.zip - 1.7 MB - 511 views
Victor, do you see this app being able to be used on our own site and only listing what servers you want to? Or will this always point to LFSW?
nice application, I think it's perfect to port to Adobe Air in a few minutes so no need for making a projector of it anymore!
Quote from Victor :Here's a Windows .exe

It works fine Now we need to make a cool icon for it (and different to the game executable icon). What I'm thinking is that maybe small updates would need to recompile and publish the exe again, so it would a nuisance for Victor...

A couple of suggestions:

- Possibility to sort servers using the current columns (name, track, players, demo/s1/s2).
- Possibility to filter servers similar to the in-game filtering system (by car, track, cruise, canreset, private/public, etc.)
Another small suggestion: might be a good idea to label the columns in the upper right hand for position, player name, lap time, number of laps, etc. Just thinking that if someone who isn't familiar with LFS(or racing in general) happens to be watching a race, they might not be able to figure out what's going on.
Quote from UncleBenny :Another small suggestion: might be a good idea to label the columns in the upper right hand for position, player name, lap time, number of laps, etc. Just thinking that if someone who isn't familiar with LFS(or racing in general) happens to be watching a race, they might not be able to figure out what's going on.

Quote from Victor :Here's a Windows .exe

Thanks, I had been looking all around the adobe site last night and to no avail.
Is there any chance to sort the servers? Like sort them on capacity or something?

Great stuff though
nice tool!

just one thing: could you make a button to deactivate the background image and only show the Racetrack? it's pretty confusing when you first have to search for the track and the cars.
Great addition to lfs.Really useful

Just want to report small bug. Since we ran tonight a GTR based event ( LFS Lemans League ) i decided to pop in and try how it will do. I spotted that the FXR car have the FZR body tested with both small and big cars. Other than that it feels very good and latency is very low I also have a question about the name order grid. Looking left at the names list are the position number buttons ( i can say thats buttons couse they change color when i click on them ) what is their use? It might be mentioned before but would be cool if u dont flame me from being lazy to read the threat during admining the current event.
Quote from Flughafen :nice tool!

just one thing: could you make a button to deactivate the background image and only show the Racetrack? it's pretty confusing when you first have to search for the track and the cars.

hmm not sure what you mean by finding the track and the cars - when a track loads, it will center and scale the entire config so that it's completely in front of you.
I've been thinking about a track map toggle though and i tried it without the map, but imo that made it very confusing when you only see the path with cars on them. You don't get any sense of speed.
So I don't know if such a toggle will do any good.

Quote from ZanZi :Great addition to lfs.Really useful

Just want to report small bug. Since we ran tonight a GTR based event ( LFS Lemans League ) i decided to pop in and try how it will do. I spotted that the FXR car have the FZR body tested with both small and big cars. Other than that it feels very good and latency is very low I also have a question about the name order grid. Looking left at the names list are the position number buttons ( i can say thats buttons couse they change color when i click on them ) what is their use? It might be mentioned before but would be cool if u dont flame me from being lazy to read the threat during admining the current event.

Thanks for spotting that faulty car image. It's fixed here now.
I've watched the qualification of that league and realised the racers / times list could be a bit better, so i added a column to display best laptime and last laptime. And that way, when someone pits, you'll still see his qualification time, where before it would be hidden by 'in pits'.
I'll upload a new version later tonight (to the webpage, i won't be updating the exe all the time for now).

Clicking on the position buttons will display the racing lines for those racers (well roughly of course). May not be super useful, but was funny to add i thought :P
Brilliant! Thanks a lot by the way it sets my cpu under high load not a problem tho and its probably about that its flash but is there a tiny little possibility to reduce it somehow? Just asking Other than that id like to help somehow in the development of that tool Maybe i could hold your beer while you are coding it? :P
I've got a bug in the downloadable version:

Tried to load BL1 - gets this error:

Unable to load PTH file BL1 : [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="error#2032"]
Quote from J@tko :I've got a bug in the downloadable version:

Tried to load BL1 - gets this error:

Unable to load PTH file BL1 : [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="error#2032"]

hmm don't know what that could be. I've tried the exe in several locations with all blackwood configs and that worked fine, so it's not a misspelled filename or so. And neither can it be a flash security issue. So I don't know atm.
Quote from Victor :nope, there is no insim information about that. And the count down does not have a fixed length, so i cannot guess something.

There's always the "cheap" way to report it. At race start, put up the red lights, timed in sequence to light up, and then when a car begins to move, immediately flick the lights to green. Sure, it's a few ms behind the curve, but it's potentially better than nothing.
Quote from Victor :hmm don't know what that could be. I've tried the exe in several locations with all blackwood configs and that worked fine, so it's not a misspelled filename or so. And neither can it be a flash security issue. So I don't know atm.

May be my connection issue again. I've had problems on m/player with my internet. Might be that, as I've just downloaded a fresh copy of LFS (which, happily, has cured my changing weather issue), but confirmed that my internet is up.
Got a weird thing and it may just be lag somewhere. I am connected to CTRA 3 and following it on remote. And the cars seem to fly out of every corner and i can see they are not and then the system aligns itself again. Seems some lost info, but server seems not to be lagging.
Amazing! Great!

The game is more and more going its way to a complete simulation of a whole driver teammanager combination !

Maybe in the future there is the driver and his racing chief. The one is driving, the other guy is doing the setups, looking the race from TV, BirdEye and gives informations to his driver(s) by teamspeak or whatever. Both with its own monitors and own situations WOW!!!
Quote from JamesF1 :There's always the "cheap" way to report it. At race start, put up the red lights, timed in sequence to light up, and then when a car begins to move, immediately flick the lights to green. Sure, it's a few ms behind the curve, but it's potentially better than nothing.

Yeah but you don't know when to start lighting up the red lights, since the timing is not known by the remote program, and if you're just going to change the lights to green when the cars move...what's the point because the user is already seeing the cars move.

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG