The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :What wheel do you have?

A G25...

I got 101 % in the Profiler, 30 % spring effect, 30 % damper effect, no centering spring and 720° (it's set up for LfS); about 70% in nK with fully linear steering...
Quote from bbman :A G25...

I got 101 % in the Profiler, 30 % spring effect, 30 % damper effect, no centering spring and 720° (it's set up for LfS); about 70% in nK with fully linear steering...

Not sure for G25. I'll find out for you.

Its definitely less then 720 rotation, and you must have 100% FF in game(according to Kunos). I would say fully linear is the way to go as well.
Quote from chanoman315 :i was planning to buy ntkar pro, and now i hear this i think i shouldnt buy it right?....and thats why all the links of download of the demo are gone right?

The links are dead because Kunos thought free upload sites were reliable way to distribute a game. So professional.

Actually, what's so big deal specifically about this F1 car? Have you not seen these videos. It's not the only car we didn't get.

I'm not even surprised anymore... because it's not a newsflash that Kunos does not give a shit.

Which leads to a interesting question that how much money he makes from the BRD deals? Must make quite a lot, a lot more than he would ever even potentially make with the public version of NKP because obviously looks like he doesn't want our ordinary players' money.
k thanks Deggis.... now im understanding the problem here... Kunos is the developer. and he stopped making the game(developing it) and thats why you guys are angry... the only game that is very and well protected is ntkar pro... i have no doubt about it...
Quote from The Moose :There is a large article in the latest Autosimsport magazine all about it, looks very promising.

now that ive read the article i really want to try that sim
even though vgp2 is -now that ive beaten it into submission (which btw was quite a bit of work)- rather rubbish the idea of having another sim with a brush model tyre on my pc gives me a semi
Finally another entry for empty_promises.txt
Quote from deggis :Message from god: http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... =3680765&postcount=29

Another "Stefano told me.." blah blah blah.... (nothing against Jaap mind you, he's almost single handedly kept nKPro alive, but the fact that he believes what Stefano tells him any more is amazing.)

I've heard it so many times now that it's worn too thin.
I stuck up for Kuno's and nKPro whilst all were giving him a right kicking, but i cant any longer.

I simply don't believe that In the 6 months since i had the original 1.03 beta patch on my computer Kunos hasn't had any time to get it finished.
But what's interesting is the new "deal with real F1 team". Don't really know what to think.

It is really quite a hectic situation for them. To give you a small idea of what is going on: netKar PRO may well be used by one of the F1 teams for internal testing/simulation purposes. Of course I can't name the team or provide any other information, but netKar PRO is really catching the attention of the big racing organisations out there. You can imagine the impact of such a thing on such a small organisation. [...] they are not using it for entertainment purposes. [...]

Besides, the are not just putting a consumer version of nKP in there and drive it. We are talking about a fully for the team finetuned (tyres, aerodynamics) implementation of the sim. The team uses its own (at least tyre, but I think more) data in the nKP implementation as well (so not the data from the nKP team that are in our consumer versions).

Of course, the nKP team can learn from the experiences with the F1 team to hopefully finetune the consumer version as well. I heard that from the analysis done with the F1 engineers, Stefano came to some surprising conclusions (which were different from his own assumptions). He said: "they really know what they are talking about".

Still though, I think it is nice to have a sim which is rated high enough by F1 teams to be used for simulation purposes (of course in a finetuned and more advanced implementation).

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... =3680944&postcount=37
Errr, if Jaap knew anything about F1, I think he'd realise that the idea of it being used for internal testing is proposterous: before it can be anywhere near that level, it needs to use windtunnel and CFD data to predict how the car will behave when: yawing/pitching/rolling, when the suspension is compressed/decompressed, when the wheels are turned and, probably even when tyres are deformed and how any of this affects drag and lift. Nevermind that tyres need to behave sort of like tyres.
Well, if Kunos can code the base physics around the F1 data, and gradually correlate them for that for that car, then I suppose it could be useful to F1 teams eventually. It'll mean that, if nKP Retail keeps up with nKP F1, we end up with a simulation with amazing aero, tyre and other physics, even if we don't get the same data as the F1 team uses for confidentiality reasons - close guesses will be more than enough for a retail, even niche, sim.

But I'm not holding my breath!
Quote from tristancliffe :But I'm not holding my breath!

Very wise.

He seems to be 100% occupied with developing bespoke simulators for third parties. While I appreciate that this may be the only thing that is keeping him afloat (let's face it, bread on the table is more important than a couple of thousand miserable punters), I don't understand how he expects to be able to finish the retail product.
its not like he cared about the retail version at any point
iirc (and feel free to correct me on this) after he released the first version knowing damn well that it was full of bugs the first thing he did was disappear for a few months
But what it will be worth?

There is very few hardcore fans left, trying to launch it again will be quite difficult, no matter how good it would be.

If someone spits on your food, it won't be any better when you heat it again and put nice spices to it, even it would taste better you know it has been spit on.
Quote from The Moose :I simply don't believe that In the 6 months since i had the original 1.03 beta patch on my computer Kunos hasn't had any time to get it finished.

In your opinion, is/was the patch good enough to release as a way of keeping the baying masses at er...bay? The tried and trusted LFS way of doing things.
Does it solve some of the problems? A thought.
Quote from Doorman :In your opinion, is/was the patch good enough to release as a way of keeping the baying masses at er...bay? The tried and trusted LFS way of doing things.
Does it solve some of the problems? A thought.

It certainly wasn't good enough to release at that point, but it had improved online FPS quite a bit and join lag was gone. (two of the biggest problems solved)
iirc it introduced a couple of bugs in the process, but it looked to me like 80% of the work was done.
Quote from The Moose :but it looked to me like 80% of the work was done.

but....80 is better than nothing, plus i think the developer doesnt want to continue to develop the sim ...
Hmm, I'm pretty sure lots of us would give it a go again if Kunos would finally finish a project once in a while.

But till then I won't believe anything that is connected and promises something they want to deliver soon... That's just hot air imho.

I can't be bothered to wait in excitement for new promises, just bring out the patch (if it ever happens) or have finally the balls to bury the game.
games gay just downloaded the demo and it sucked!
sound kept going in and out graphics well they were ok and whats with only getting one car?

and no support for wheels that are crap? i had to use my Keyboard = gay!
and i make better backfire noises with my ass
Attached images
bah!.jpg
bah2!.jpg
bah3!.jpg
Erm, you can use a wheel in the demo of nK Pro. Sound works fine here as go graphics...
I will give it a try... but all download mirrors are dead. Someone knows a working mirror?

-edit: Found one.. a shame they don't have a normal download link on their own site ...
Quote from Dooonster :games gay just downloaded the demo and it sucked!
sound kept going in and out graphics well they were ok and whats with only getting one car?

and no support for wheels that are crap? i had to use my Keyboard = gay!
and i make better backfire noises with my ass

Brilliant review. Congratulations.

Yes the demo is poor, but only because you don't get online play, and the AIM doesn't display. (which will be changed with the new demo when/if it ever happens)

How many of the 4 cars do you think you should get to drive in a demo?

Graphics are fine, maybe you should have added some AA/AF.
Did you have problems with both sound engines?

No support for what wheel exactly? My wheel is 5 years old. It works perfectly and gives me the best feedback of any sim, ever.

Using keyboard for nKPro is indeed a complete waste of time.

There are so many legitimate complaints you could make about nKPro, but you seem to have come up with none of them.
Heh, no idea if that is old news, but apparently a netBike demo is out.

I tried it a bit and while I refrain from any statements about product quality, just a few tips:
  1. Make sure to run vcredist_x86.exe before attempting to start. If not, the game will crash immediately once you try to configure the options or drive. Yeah :rolleyes:
  2. Reconfigure your wheel to use very little steering range, I found 90° to be okay. Also turn on centering spring, then you'll have at least some force that helps you judge where the wheel centre is.
  3. The steering input basically means "lean in this direction". Once you have enough lean angle for the corner, stop steering into the direction. If you return the wheel to centre, the bike will almost keep the angle it currently has (it will slowly get more upright). If you exit a corner and find you have too much lean, you have to steer against this lean angle!
Quote from NetBike site :there are no plans for a complete release or dedicated support

I bet the disgruntled NetKarPro clients are having a laugh over that one.
Quote from AndroidXP :Heh, no idea if that is old news, but apparently a netBike demo is out.

good thing hes working on the nkp patch with all hes got

Quote :The steering input basically means "lean in this direction". Once you have enough lean angle for the corner, stop steering into the direction. If you return the wheel to centre, the bike will almost keep the angle it currently has (it will slowly get more upright). If you exit a corner and find you have too much lean, you have to steer against this lean angle!

why am i not surprised the steering is as unphysical as it gets?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG