The online racing simulator
[OFF-TOPIC]
deggis, do you have a high-resolution version of your avatar?
[/OFF-TOPIC]
Quote from samjh :Actually, it will display a small warning:

Your vehicle has suffered a serious crash. Would you like to report this problem to McLaren and Microsoft?

[SEND] [DON'T SEND]

Do you mean like this?
Quote from Ahriman4891 :[OFF-TOPIC]
deggis, do you have a high-resolution version of your avatar?
[/OFF-TOPIC]

Only this, not very high resolution.
Attached images
fia.png
too bad they dont have that thin front really wide rear tyre look of the early 90s
friend of mine called the rear tyres floor cutters and he does have a point

and what the heck did de la rosa do to these poor poor rear tyres?
New Renault breaks cover ..Clicky

Interesting front wing
Well, I hope they fix the cover. Just because they have lots of money doesn't mean they can go around breaking circuit property whenever they want.

Pffff...

Mumble....
Right Here We Are:

Williams FW30: HERE

Renault Something Or Other: HERE
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, I hope they fix the cover. Just because they have lots of money doesn't mean they can go around breaking circuit property whenever they want.

Pffff...

Mumble....

I clicked that link hoping to read a story about something being broken.
Muhahahahahahahaha
Some pics I grabbed from TBK:

Renault:

Williams, NOT OFFICIAL livery.

Mega Powah Force India:

Bimmer:

Fantastic weather:

Wheel design '08 (what car that other one is?)

Alonso finally smiling, first time since winning the title in '06 ?

Scuderia Ferrari moves to tin top series:

"Ah f*ck it, I'll quit"

The 2nd wheel pic is Renault's.

Kimi snowboarding pics are funny, Photoshop anyone?
Quote from deggis :

Do drivers usually keep a map of the track in the cockpit? Maybe for if they get lost?
Edit
Quote from UncleBenny :Do drivers usually keep a map of the track in the cockpit? Maybe for if they get lost?

Asked this before, it's so that drivers know specific corner names in case they have an accident iirc.
I was hoping maybe little arrows(colored coded of course) appeared on it to show them how the other drivers were doing.
Quote from Jakg :Asked this before, it's so that drivers know specific corner names in case they have an accident iirc.

Also, it's useful to have a track map with numbered corners when drivers are talking to their engineers/mechanics. If everyone is working from the same numbered map, there's no confusion about which corner is which.
But that map is hardly useful whilst driving, so to refer to corners means they must have them memorised.

I always thought the map was to show marshall posts in case they need to escape in a hurry, but then I thought "why would they wait for a marshalls post if they need to escape? Just run!".

I can't see why you'd want a map really.
Quote from tristancliffe :But that map is hardly useful whilst driving, so to refer to corners means they must have them memorised.

I always thought the map was to show marshall posts in case they need to escape in a hurry, but then I thought "why would they wait for a marshalls post if they need to escape? Just run!".

I can't see why you'd want a map really.

Of course the drivers memorise the corners, but when they're talking to their engineers, having a numbered track map avoids confusion about which corner they're talking about. There's no need to talk about oversteer in the right-hander after the left-kink before the bridge...you can just say 'Turn 5'.

This is how I've heard an F1 driver explain the reason for the track-map. I can't remember who it was though.
So when do they glance at the map? Because it sure isn't whilst they're driving. So, therefore, if it's already memorised why not remove the map altogether. What, then, is the point?
Any word on what Williams might be planning for their 30 year anniversary ? It'd be wonderful if they could do a deal with the sponsors and have some of their old liveries on the car this year. Bit like the Yamaha anniversary on Rossi's bike at Laguna Seca a couple of years back.
Apparently during testing there will be 6 (?) liveries in recognition of their past, including old 'famous' liveries. I hope they put the Camel colours back on (but not with the white airbox, which looked rubbish).
Quote from tristancliffe :Apparently during testing there will be 6 (?) liveries in recognition of their past, including old 'famous' liveries. I hope they put the Camel colours back on (but not with the white airbox, which looked rubbish).

Thats great news.

Lets hope there's plenty of pic's and vids of them on the net. The one i'd really like to see is the old green and white Fly Saudi livery
Quote from tristancliffe :So when do they glance at the map? Because it sure isn't whilst they're driving. So, therefore, if it's already memorised why not remove the map altogether. What, then, is the point?

It just makes it easier for discussion if everyone is using the same corner numbers. The driver knows which corner he is having trouble with and looks up the number on his map. He then tells the engineer that he has problems at corner number X. The engineer looks at his numbered map and can see exactly which corner he's talking about.

For some circuits the corner numbers are obvious, but at other circuits there can be room for different interpretations of what is a 'proper' corner and what is simply a kink. Having a single standardised track map in each team removes any possibilities for confusion.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lets hope there's plenty of pic's and vids of them on the net. The one i'd really like to see is the old green and white Fly Saudi livery

With Bin Laden logos!

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG