The online racing simulator
So far for me the F1.08 has the best looking shape, while the RB4 (:really has the best paintjob
Quote from deggis :Little reminder, people seem to be misusing word "beautiful" here

When it comes to Mclaren Chassis, I am the ultimate fanboy, and I'm sorry to inform you but the MP4/15 doesn't quite cut it.

Yes it is a figure of beauty, but arguably the MP4/14 really hits the sweet spot. With the 15 they reduced the length of the front nose cone which makes it snubbed, thus reduction in beauty.

Also at the base of the air intake above the drivers head they made the bottom of it flat and straight, when in the 13 & 14 it had a lovely curvature (spelling?) to it.

And finally the MP4/15 introduced chimney's onto the side pods. When looking at the sleek and beautiful profile of the 14, this spoiled it a bit.

I'm having greate difficulty finding large pictures of the mp4/14. I don't think they documented that year of Formula One particularly well...
Attached images
5494.jpg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think that new Red Bull is now my favourite, mainly for the amazing paintjob,

I think the paintjob is getting gradually worse each year. The first year it looked "classic" and simple, but it's becoming more and more brash with each revision.

It's still nice, but getting a few too many stripes.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They would be if they called that car beautiful too...

*ahem* http://b.f1-facts.com/ul/a/256

I actually spend at least 5 minutes thinking about what could be a good example... but I chose that because imho late 90's cars were the last good looking, after that the noses became retard and the era of 6000 little winglets started...

Hows these then?

Ferrari 312T3 1978
Ferrari F92A 1992
Lotus 49B 1969
Lotus 98T 1986
Maserati 250F 1958
McLaren MP4-2 1984
Williams FW15C 1993

What the hell's this thing on the top of the Mclaren? It looks almost like a pitot tube, but why would that be necessary? And if it is, why wouldn't it be on the nose near the radio antenna?

And I must say Kovalainen's helmet colors look nearly identical to Alonso's while he was at Mclaren. From this angle, anyway.
Me thinks the new cars look brilliant, but me also hates teh fake rims...I know it's good for aerodynamics, but...
That really doesnt look like its usually on the car, no idea what it could be doing though.
It's the submarine edition.
They did it in testing for the last couple of years. Presumably it's an area of smooth airflow, so the pitot readings are more accurate for whatever it is they are measuring/trying/testing. Not many others do it, which is odd.
Looks like the car has slicks so that must be from the first testing @ Jerez. If that's relevant to that thingy dingy.
Quote from deggis :Looks like the car has slicks so that must be from the first testing @ Jerez. If that's relevant to that thingy dingy.

I think I can see the grooves on the right rear, kind of hard to tell with the lighting in that picture.
That thing is to measure the speed of the car more accurately I think, they use it in testing for most motorsport. You see it a lot on WTCC testing too.
Quote from UncleBenny :I think I can see the grooves on the right rear, kind of hard to tell with the lighting in that picture.

judging by the width of the front tyres its slicks
Quote from deggis :Looks like the car has slicks so that must be from the first testing @ Jerez. If that's relevant to that thingy dingy.

IIRC Mclaren didn't test the slick tyres. And if they did they didn't use Hekki.
If they did, are there any pics of it? I would love some bigguns for a desktop
Quote from Ahriman4891 :^ www.imagesf1.com

not many pics of Jerez testing yet, though.

Good source! Although that doesn't include the test session in December which some teams used slick tyres.

ROFL: I think i've just found my new display picture...
Quote from MR_B :(...)
ROFL: I think i've just found my new display picture...

hahah good one!
Quote from MR_B :IIRC Mclaren didn't test the slick tyres. And if they did they didn't use Hekki.
If they did, are there any pics of it? I would love some bigguns for a desktop

spend few minutes to find these, so gimme a cookie

too bad those pics are horribly compressed.
:bowdown: My Oh My!.......

You deserve every one

mmmmmmmm, i stole a cookie

nice avatar MR_B....i want it!
Quote from deggis :

spend few minutes to find these, so gimme a cookie

too bad those pics are horribly compressed.

It kinda of seems strange to me to see a modern F1 car back with smooth slicks... almost unusual... especially for how long we had to bear with grooved ones.
Quote from Tweaker :It kinda of seems strange to me to see a modern F1 car back with smooth slicks... almost unusual... especially for how long we had to bear with grooved ones.

Agreed, it is still a novelty to see them fully slicked up! I keep expecting to see at least a centre groove or something.
Quote from Tweaker :It kinda of seems strange to me to see a modern F1 car back with smooth slicks... almost unusual... especially for how long we had to bear with grooved ones.

True, amazing how much slicks changes the overall look. It looks so much more manly.

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG