The online racing simulator
Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
YES YES **** YEA I'm right beside Jakg's times SAFE MODE WITH 3.0 GHZ CLOCK WOHOO 16.687s YEEHAWW

EDIT: ram runs at DDR2 1066 instead of 800 btw aka totally t3h unzztab3l
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
updated
Quote from anik360 :YES YES **** YEA I'm right beside Jakg's times SAFE MODE WITH 3.0 GHZ CLOCK WOHOO 16.687s YEEHAWW

EDIT: ram runs at DDR2 1066 instead of 800 btw aka totally t3h unzztab3l

Thats a 17.4, though :|
I got 16.2 something.

I was running a few MHz over 3 GHz.

I was running DDR1075.

I have 4 cores you have two.

In conclusion, PWNED!

PS - I'm going to put a copy of XP on over the weekend. Then we'll see what this P5K-E can do...

Currently running stable at 431 FSB, which gives a clock just over 3 GHz.
that's some holy grail you got there; water cooled? got my system stable 3.0ghz still but lowered the multi and clocked the ddr fsb down to about 882 now giving 38-ish idle and 65 load but cpu fsb is 1479.6; was aiming for 1333 but decided meh go for more

edit: jakg GO for broke pwn all of us with the best time I wanna see what Quads can really do **waits eagerly**

EDIT-2 thermal break-in period now over now its 30 idle using AS ceramique
Quad wont do very well on this test, as it's single threaded.

I've gone for 3.1 GHz but it BSOD's. All i can geuss is either my CPU is crap (likely), has a low FSB wall (ie 440) or there some mobo setting i'm not getting.

Water Cooled - Zalman Reserator. Not very good!

I'm realy tempted to go for broke, but the Multi-threaded wPrime test is what i'm most keen at.
55.578 secs
Just made an nLite CD with all the crap from XP removed, it's got SP3 and all the drivers i need already on the disc, and yet it comes in at 301.71 MB...!
Quote from Jakg :Just made an nLite CD with all the crap from XP removed, it's got SP3 and all the drivers i need already on the disc, and yet it comes in at 301.71 MB...!

Show me how! (or send me one, rather)
If I am right Jacks n'lited XP will cut off about 2-3.5 seconds and 4 or more when run on safe mode or on limited start-up options correct me if I am wrong though
35,8 on Vista.
Quote from mcintyrej :Show me how! (or send me one, rather)

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

Install

Copy all the files from an XP CD.

Run nLite

Select all the files

Select the options you wanna use (select all of them)

Go through it, add stuff you want (ie display drivers, mobo drivers, SP3), remove stuff you dont.

EDIT - I've completely guessed my way through nLite'ing an OS and i now would never install XP or Vista without it. It RAWKS!

FTR theres a similar tool called vLite which my install ATM is using.
Quote from Jakg :http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

Install

Copy all the files from an XP CD.

Run nLite

Select all the files

Select the options you wanna use (select all of them)

Go through it, add stuff you want (ie display drivers, mobo drivers, SP3), remove stuff you dont.

EDIT - I've completely guessed my way through nLite'ing an OS and i now would never install XP or Vista without it. It RAWKS!

FTR theres a similar tool called vLite which my install ATM is using.

So you don't need to reinstall windows? Sounds good - will bookmark it and check it out tomorow. Cheers!

Edit: Just read through the guide on the site, doesn't seem too difficult. I think I might try it tomorow - if the performance increase is worth it.
You DO need to re-install Windows, you make a new XP disc and then install it.
For vista Use vlite google it!!
47 secs.
Time to overclock
Attached images
pi.JPG
Quote from Jakg :Just made an nLite CD with all the crap from XP removed, it's got SP3 and all the drivers i need already on the disc, and yet it comes in at 301.71 MB...!

Mine is 192mb I have been using nlite since the first realease, that program is superb
1m 14.625s.

An upgrade for my pc is in the mail, should help because the only part i'm keeping is the case and the powersuply
Woot! Made an overclock to 2.5GHz now...took a while and once I finally sorted out the Memory clocks, it boots up fine and everything!
Attached images
Fastest.PNG
Quote from MINIz guy :Woot! Made an overclock to 2.5GHz now...took a while and once I finally sorted out the Memory clocks, it boots up fine and everything!

2500 is a bit of an odd number. It means your RAM isn't running at a nice round number. Not really a big problem, I just like mine to run at round numbers. Try 2600mhz, also - what was the stock multiplier of the CPU? Keep that at stock and adjust the FSB.
I'd geuss the multi is 7 as 266*7 = 1860, the stock CPU speed.

His RAM is running at DDR716 - if its DDR800 it would be nice to run it at DDR800, however if he did that purely by upping the FSB he's be looking at 2.8 GHz which may take some fiddling with vCore / Mobo settings to stabilise.
It's DDR2 667 Value RAM from Corsair.
After spending the nights at my GF's, and having to organize a UKCT Internal league race i have had no time to try it. Luckily i've just been traded an old CPU cooler for an Antec 900, so i'll be trying it after that...
Quote from Jakg :After spending the nights at my GF's, and having to organize a UKCT Internal league race i have had no time to try it. Luckily i've just been traded an old CPU cooler for an Antec 900, so i'll be trying it after that...

You mean you got the old CPU cooler for the 900? Or you got the 900 for the Cooler? One of those to me sounds like a quality deal.
i swapped my old CPU cooler i couldn't sell (Hyper 48) for an Antec 900. WAHEY!

Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG