The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
I hope Toyota will do miserably and sod off so we can have Suzuka every year instead of that dreaded Fuji
I think the only interesting launch this year will be Honda's. It can't possibly look like last year's car because last year's car was a) Shit-looking, and b) Shit.
The new Mcleran car looks nice, a lot better then the ferrari. I like the look of it and how low it is, the height is really short.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the only interesting launch this year will be Honda's. It can't possibly look like last year's car because last year's car was a) Shit-looking, and b) Shit.

I want to see what they do with the paintjob, they say it will be the same theme but reworked by their graphic designers. I wonder if they will have half the world looking nice and green, the other half on fire with the line 'this is what our car is doing to the planet' written on it.

EDIT: New pictures posted on Autosport showing the new Ferrari testing. Still looks ugly.
Attached images
XPB_09SW4JL07N9EGX01HA03L-3.jpg
r_2008-01-07T131919-3.jpg
XPB_0ANXIWX0S7W29S03GQJNL-3.jpg
Was kind of hoping to see McLaren have a different paint scheme

Bring on the other teams I guess....
The next one is Toyota, not sure what to expect with that car, could be a surpise. But then the 2 boring ones come after that, Red Bull and BMW Sauber, which will basically look the same as last year with a few minor changes. Honda's is on the 29th.
Not ugly, but a bit of a shame that the sidepods have mutated into messy, fussy, complex masses of wings, winglets and bits and bobs. They used to be one of the best looking parts of the cars.
Quote from sinbad :Not ugly, but a bit of a shame that the sidepods have mutated into messy, fussy, complex masses of wings, winglets and bits and bobs. They used to be one of the best looking parts of the cars.

I really hope the rule suggestion for 2009 from that passing think-tank gets validated - clean, smooth bodywork without stick-on wings ftw!
Was someone honestly expecting to see beautiful cars? Last time I saw beautiful F1 was in late 90's.
In terms of design, I think there are some interesting bits they've come up with.

The nose design on the Ferrari strikes me as being quite fluid. Of course, the car ends up looking like a retarded fish from Finding Nemo, I don't care though. Just the things they come up always appear as something to admire with aero technology --- not looks.

But anyone saying that these cars look ugly, how can they look beautiful to begin with? They are all a common shape, you can't do much else than come up with other little flips and curves, that's about it
Nice video, thanks for posting that foofighter. It's good to see what another day at the office is like for an F1 driver, and amazing to see Kimi smile so much, what has happened to him!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :and amazing to see Kimi smile so much, what has happened to him!

Probably afraid of Luca's evil grin and trying to act cheerful
I think the Mclaren has been the best looking car in F1 for a few years now by miles.
does anyone knows if this cars still have TC?
Quote from DaveWS :I think the Mclaren has been the best looking car in F1 for a few years now by miles.

You just like chrome you chav! Best looking car last season was the Williams.

EDIT: The cars won't have TC, they have a standardised ECU designed by Mclaren...
Attached images
XPB_0MK2Y2O00WCKG10OU2P6O-4.jpg
l_rk4o0927-4.jpg
Quote from Blackout :I remember worse looking cars, like the BMW with the silly saber teeth.

That was a Williams not a BMW :
Quote from chanoman315 :does anyone knows if this cars still have TC?

No the cars for 2008 have TC OFF
Quote from Tweaker :But anyone saying that these cars look ugly, how can they look beautiful to begin with? They are all a common shape, you can't do much else than come up with other little flips and curves, that's about it

yup theres the problem ... if they were allowed to create an entire car in a way that its aerodynamic it would likely look a lot better
todays cars are more like adding bits to make a brick aerodynamically efficient ... a polished turd in aero terms ... mclaren even went as far as to incorporate that into their paintjob
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :EDIT: The cars won't have TC, they have a standardised ECU designed by Mclaren...

The Dancing Donkey is already complaining about that. Funny how they never complain about their own dodgy-ness. They've also been taking pot shots about how Lewis Hamilton won't cope well without TC, despite the fact he had only recently won the GP2 championship without TC!

Hypocrites.
Few pics:

"You have included 64 images in your message. You are limited to using 50 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again." BLA BLA!

I love the rool hoop/air box of the McLaren Project 4 / 23 - set back, with supporting pillars.
Quote from Bean0 :Alice....Who the f*ck is Alice ?

Alice is an Italian Broadband company
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
EDIT: The cars won't have TC, they have a standardised ECU designed by Mclaren...

Hah! I bet atleast that Ron and probably Flavio too will find a way to cheat.

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG