The online racing simulator
LFSPoints V2.4.0.8
(187 posts, started )
i know a pretty similar program from rFactor. its called Champ Result. maybe you can find some more features in that program...
i have a small problem, not sure if im doing something wrong...

qualy replays are used like race replays, means ppl get the race points, is that how it should be? at the moment im just adding race replays and doing the qualy points myself.
Quote from Fischfix :i know a pretty similar program from rFactor. its called Champ Result. maybe you can find some more features in that program...

Thanks for the tip. It's interesting to see a different approach to solving the same problem. That program has a better presentation, but I found it kinda hard to use once I started adding files. It asks me to click buttons and then gives me error messages when I do. I like how LFSPoints never needs to shout at you, because it doesn't let you do the wrong thing (I hope anyway ). That program looks nicer and has more features, but it doesn't make me regret the way I designed LFSPoints.
Quote from dodo.ger :i have a small problem, not sure if im doing something wrong...

qualy replays are used like race replays, means ppl get the race points, is that how it should be? at the moment im just adding race replays and doing the qualy points myself.

Yes, that's broken in the current version, but the bug is fixed in the development version.

Qualifying replays should be ignored, the program only awards points for pole position in race replays, and nothing else.
Quote from DarkTimes :Thanks for the tip. It's interesting to see a different approach to solving the same problem. That program has a better presentation, but I found it kinda hard to use once I started adding files. It asks me to click buttons and then gives me error messages when I do. I like how LFSPoints never needs to shout at you, because it doesn't let you do the wrong thing (I hope anyway ). That program looks nicer and has more features, but it doesn't make me regret the way I designed LFSPoints.

yes that is true, the rfactor thing is far off from perfect, but it has some good ideas which should be in a lfs version.
btw. on www.lfscar.com (in the GP79 Series) you can find the league results exportet in that program.

things like: race progress graphs, chat log, event management ect.

i think your interface is much easier and handier then the one from the rFactor thing and you are on the right way to improve league organizing in LFS A LOT! if lfscar restarts a league for LFS again, we will use this tool for sure.
edIt: I've found it *gÜ
Bump!

Any improvements DarkTimes?
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
I've been working on the beta version quite a bit today and I've made some real progress. After a while lost in the woods it feels like it's back on track, although there is still a lot to be done.

The most interesting feature currently in the works is the ability to combine the results from multiple races into one. This useful if, like in the SR league, you run races over multiple servers and then aggregate the results. Now you can easily combine several replays into one, and have them treated as if all drivers were on the same server. There are still one or two glitches to be ironed out, but the majority of the work has been done and it works well.

There are quite a few more changes too, such as the addition of average speed for each driver in their race results, as well as the normal multitude of tiny changes and fixes that take place and are not worth mentioning here (but all add up to make each version of the program a magnitude better than the last). Also a lot of the underlying code has been rewritten and the whole thing has now been moved over to the .NET Framework 3.5.

There is still a lot of work to do on the current release, and quite a few other changes planed, so I can't say exactly when the next version will be released, but hopefully it won't be too long.
Hi DarkTimes, not sure if you have considered and can include the ability to have differing race points structures within a single championship. What I mean is in our league we have a mix of multi-race sprint rounds & longer single race enduro rounds but our points structure changes dependent on which type of round it is, as per below.

Sprint Races (2 races)
1st=50pts, 2=49, 3=48, 4=47, 5=46 etc

Enduro Races
1st=100pts, 2=99, 3=98, 4=97, 5=96 etc

I guess the championship merging discussed previously could effectively do the same thing but I would like to see it all contained within a single .chp file if possible.

Keep up the great work & I can't wait to see the new version and all its improvements.
Quote from flinty72 :Hi DarkTimes, not sure if you have considered and can include the ability to have differing race points structures within a single championship. What I mean is in our league we have a mix of multi-race sprint rounds & longer single race enduro rounds but our points structure changes dependent on which type of round it is, as per below.

Sprint Races (2 races)
1st=50pts, 2=49, 3=48, 4=47, 5=46 etc

Enduro Races
1st=100pts, 2=99, 3=98, 4=97, 5=96 etc

I guess the championship merging discussed previously could effectively do the same thing but I would like to see it all contained within a single .chp file if possible.

Keep up the great work & I can't wait to see the new version and all its improvements.

This has been suggested before, but I could never figure out how to implement it in the current user interface design without having to do major changes involving many lines of code (and therefore many hours work and hundreds of bugs). I did however come up with a good idea for how to do this today, without any major interface changes, and after a few hours work I have a rough version of it running. If all goes to plan this will be in the next release too.
Excellent news, I now can't wait for the new version to be released.
Thanks for your efforts
Quote from flinty72 :Excellent news, I now can't wait for the new version to be released.
Thanks for your efforts

And from me too
No, sorry, LFSPoints doesn't connect to servers, it just parses multiplayer replays.

One day I'll write a new version that connects to a server and logs live race data, but that will be a long time into the future.
Uploaded LFSPoints V2.4 BETA, please see the first post for info.

Please note that it is very much a beta, it will have bugs, also it's only 95% complete at the moment, there is still a lot more work to be done.

As always please report any bugs or weird shit, and seeing as it is a beta please do your best to break it, but look at the known issues in the change log to make sure it's not something I'm currently fixing.

Just make sure you save a lot, incase it crashes.

Fixed in next version:
- Fixed: The best lap and race time results got mixed up in the previous release, this is fixed now.
- When no points have been defined, the position column in the drivers and teams championship now show as 'N/A' instead of 0 (zero).
- Restored highest-climb text in results grid column.

Quote from DarkTimes :Uploaded LFSPoints V2.4 BETA, please see the first post for info.

Please note that it is very much a beta, it will have bugs, also it's only 95% complete at the moment, there is still a lot more work to be done.

As always please report any bugs or weird shit, and seeing as it is a beta please do your best to break it, but look at the known issues in the change log to make sure it's not something I'm currently fixing.

Just make sure you save a lot, incase it crashes.

Thank you so much

Will have it's first use for LFS BC tonight.

Will report bugs.
Bad start, got this error upon loading for first time
Attached images
error.JPG
Do you have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed? The code has been moved from .NET 2.0 to 3.5 now, so you will need to upgrade if you have not done so already.
Quote from DarkTimes :Do you have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed? The code has been moved from .NET 2.0 to 3.5 now, so you will need to upgrade if you have not done so already.

Maybe I should learn to read better

Will do and report back.
Thanks DarkTimes, didn't expect my suggestion to be included so quickly, will give it a go today, great work.
G'Day DarkTimes, all seems to work well at the moment & I love the html output very nice, thank you.
I do have some ideas for further improvement, sorry to ask more from you if you decide to add these to your to do list.

- Load Replays remembers last folder used, so you can just direct LFSPoints to load replays from the LFS/data/mpr folder.
- Teams Championship can omit certain individual drivers points or can include points adjustment for each driver in each race.
The reason I ask for this is that in our league only the top 4 drivers from each team have their points counted toward the Teams Championships
- Teams Championship to be able to handle drivers joining, leaving & moving between teams during each series, this could possibly be achieved via the other suggestion directly above.
- Ability to sub-total multiple races into their rounds, i.e a 2 race sprint round can be subtotaled to determine the overall winner & podium places for awarding of bonus points for that round.
EDIT: - Traceability of adjusted points, so you can see what race any adjusted points were awarded.

I hope I am not asking too much as I know this project could get huge & you may not want to include every permutation / combination of individual series points but these seem logical & worthy of inclusion.
Let me know what you think & keep up the great work.
Quote from flinty72 :G'Day DarkTimes, all seems to work well at the moment & I love the html output very nice, thank you.
I do have some ideas for further improvement, sorry to ask more from you if you decide to add these to your to do list.

- Load Replays remembers last folder used, so you can just direct LFSPoints to load replays from the LFS/data/mpr folder.

It already does remember the last folder you loaded a replay from, when you click Add Replays it should always go back to the last used folder. You can see what this is set to by opening the 'Config.xml' file in Notepad and looking for the ReplayPath entry.
Quote :
- Teams Championship can omit certain individual drivers points or can include points adjustment for each driver in each race.
The reason I ask for this is that in our league only the top 4 drivers from each team have their points counted toward the Teams Championships

Hmm... OK, I guess I could add point adjustments per driver in the results. Might be a lot of work though, and I still haven't gotten around to team adjustments yet!
Quote :
- Teams Championship to be able to handle drivers joining, leaving & moving between teams during each series, this could possibly be achieved via the other suggestion directly above.

Ooh, I never thought of this. That sounds complicated, I'll have a think about it.
Quote :
- Ability to sub-total multiple races into their rounds, i.e a 2 race sprint round can be subtotaled to determine the overall winner & podium places for awarding of bonus points for that round.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you explain in more detail?
Quote :
EDIT: - Traceability of adjusted points, so you can see what race any adjusted points were awarded.

If I add point adjustments by driver per race, then I'll add this to the points calculation dialog.

Quote :
I hope I am not asking too much as I know this project could get huge & you may not want to include every permutation / combination of individual series points but these seem logical & worthy of inclusion.
Let me know what you think & keep up the great work.

Thanks!
I never used it for the LFSBC, as the race was stopped with 2 laps to go.

Could you add support for stopped races like this, where the results are taken from the emd of a particular lap?

And maybe 1/2 or 3/4 points to compensate (although we don't need this)
No, sorry, I can't currently do that. LFSPoints just scans the replay header data in which Scawen kindly provides the driver finising order, the info you're talking about is stored in the actual replay physics data, which has never been documented and I don't know how to read.

As I said above somewhere, one day, a long time into the future, LFSPoints will connect through InSim and log live race data, then this sort of thing and many others will be possible.
Quote from DarkTimes :No, sorry, I can't currently do that. LFSPoints just scans the replay header data in which Scawen kindly provides the driver finising order, the info you're talking about is stored in the actual replay physics data, which has never been documented and I don't know how to read.

As I said above somewhere, one day, a long time into the future, LFSPoints will connect through InSim and log live race data, then this sort of thing and many others will be possible.

Ok - thanks for the reply.

Keep up the good work.
Hopefully I can use it for next-weeks round!
Quote from DarkTimes :It already does remember the last folder you loaded a replay from, when you click Add Replays it should always go back to the last used folder. You can see what this is set to by opening the 'Config.xml' file in Notepad and looking for the ReplayPath entry.

Oh dear I now see that it does, my bad sorry :ashamed:
Quote :Hmm... OK, I guess I could add point adjustments per driver in the results. Might be a lot of work though, and I still haven't gotten around to team adjustments yet!

Not sure what you mean by Team adjustment but if it included being able to adjust each team drivers points individually then that may be work in a way that I am looking for
Quote from Flinty72 :- Ability to sub-total multiple races into their rounds, i.e a 2 race sprint round can be subtotaled to determine the overall winner & podium places for awarding of bonus points for that round.
Quote :Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you explain in more detail?

Let me try. Imagine a series having a mix of rounds that feature both single and sprint races, the sprint rounds could have 2 or 3 separate races with points awarded for each race then these sprint races are added together to determine each drivers individual round points for that round. Now within our league we award bonus points to the drivers who finish the round as overall 1st, 2nd or 3rd places. So it would be nice if LFSPoints could sub-total these sprint races into their respective rounds to easily identify the drivers who placed on the podium for that round.
I hope that makes more sense?
There is a way around it as I can easily work it out by opening another session of LFSPoints and only include the race replays for that round to find out who gets the bonus points but it would be nice to have it included in one .chp file given many leagues have series that contain a mix of race types within rounds.
Quote :If I add point adjustments by driver per race, then I'll add this to the points calculation dialog.

Yes that sounds like what I am thinking.

LFSPoints V2.4.0.8
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG