The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
Quote from Rooble :That reads as if you're almost offended by what I said, and I'm very much aware of the disciplinary action taken against offending users as I received my first warning last night.

Oh and reality TV has the added bonus (usually) of voting people off and such, I think it would be a decent addition to the forum gadgets!

Why do you feel the need to make that information public other than to arouse attention?

As for the "Forum Gadgets" - Do you honestly think that you lot could handle that? I doubt it.
Quote from kompa :anything to bring down nubz

Well what the hell? Why? are you no better than that? Do you have nothing better to do?

Its plain stupid.
At the moment i m racing on KY3R with FXO.

I had try a lot of solutions, super tyres, normal tyres, low pressure, high pressure, tyres warm to fast.
And i dirve cleanly and smoothly, you can be sure.
I have a lot of probleme to keep the tyres under 95°. 90° is still playable, but after its a nighmare. And i dont drive like a qualify session. i drive really slower like a grandfahter but tyres always warm.
Well, i had noticed than u can play with a more hot tyre than before, but if you dont park on and take a coffee every 5 laps, your tyres will become brown °O°.

Of course i had try clutch pack, but its the same way......
I think there is a probleme, if its hard for me, u can imagine how its hard for other driver to keep his tyres clean.....

Someone has something to write about that?
Maybe an idea, i'd like to understand this new tyres, and why.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Why do you feel the need to make that information public other than to arouse attention?

As for the "Forum Gadgets" - Do you honestly think that you lot could handle that? I doubt it.

Its hardly worthy of an announcement and it was only supplied to back up my point that I'm aware of people receiving warnings.

And 'you lot' - Well that lot would include you and it was meant as a joke, so just take a breather and don't jump too soon.

Stoney: Lighten up, it really isn't a big deal and was posted in good spirit.
It's not really as much as tyres heating up too fast, but heating up faster if you have high camber, low tyre pressure and alike.

I think now we will have seperate setups for hotlapping and racing. In some cases you could get away with having the same setup before, but now I think this will be a big issue. And also it would be wise to change settings depending on how long the race is.
Quote from Rooble :Its hardly worthy of an announcement and it was only supplied to back up my point that I'm aware of people receiving warnings.

And 'you lot' - Well that lot would include you and it was meant as a joke, so just take a breather and don't jump too soon.

Excuse you. I did not say I did not include myself in "you lot", so just take a breather and don't jump too soon.
-
(kompa) DELETED by kompa
Quote from Rooble :That reads as if you're almost offended by what I said, and I'm very much aware of the disciplinary action taken against offending users as I received my first warning last night.

Oh and reality TV has the added bonus (usually) of voting people off and such, I think it would be a decent addition to the forum gadgets!

Not offended in the least, but you present mods as not taking action which (as you know) is simply not true. I deliberately avoided pointing out that you yourself had been spoken to. I hope this shows you that we aren't about making people look bad just because they might have been a bit rash with their comments or behaviour.

Merry Christmas etc.
Quote from Gunn :Not offended in the least, but you present mods as not taking action which (as you know) is simply not true. I deliberately avoided pointing out that you yourself had been spoken to. I hope this shows you that we aren't about making people look bad just because they might have been a bit rash with their comments or behaviour.

Merry Christmas etc.

I think I'll call it a day with all this commotion, it's getting silly (myself included) and people are starting to offend or become offended, anyway Merry Christmas to you all and what not. I'm off to play some, eat some, and drink a whole lot more.
I love for happy christmass feel of first page in this thread.. Just some best quotes:

Quote from luftrofl :(...)You're an idiot(...)

Quote from weiman912005 :(...)stfu u stupid american(...)

Quote from weiman912005 :u r a knob stupid dik

Quote from Btoryo :You guys are pathetic(...)

Quote from Dalek0220 :NOOBS.
Shut the f*** up now.(...)

Quote from Btoryo :I'm pretty sure your a pathetic drifter pissed off(...)

CUT THE END

Back on topic:

Quote from SamH :Honestly, I think the good drifters will prove that it's possible to drift with the new physics once they become accustomed to the way things work now. If not, I'm sure there will be a fix, if that is what's necessary - perhaps a drift clutch-pack, with non-race, pro-drift characteristics somewhere down the line. Who knows?

No need for special clutch pack. I'm using supers front, supers rear in Fz5 atm. I clutch kick a lot right now, and the clutch absolutely doesn't burn. It burned too fast in first test patches.

In real life it also isn't hard for clutch to get smelly during drifting(clutch kicking etc.).

I think clutch(Edit: I mean Tires heat, sorry) is great now. Before it took way too long for tires too burn and blow, I think it's much more correct now. How long tires burn also depends on driving style and tires itself(And car setup as well). Drifts we do in lfs are 130-150 km/h average on some tracks with full throttle. Such driving would waste tires in real life pretty quickly.

The drifting also feels definitelly more realistic. During phase of drift transition it feels much more real too.
Quote from autobot001 :patch is horrible..

clutch gets hot to fast.

tyres burn to fast, physics are all wrong, and there loads of grip for reason..

completely un realistic.

Because you dont know how to change gear and also you dont know anithing how to setup a good tire parameters

I run 30 laps , without heat the cluck and the tires , i think you are the guy who dont know anithing about setup things

Quote from schatten789 :I know everyone will say quit crying but I dont care.

I know this took A LOT of work but this new patch sucks! I was just in a server for maby 30 minutes and I said I hatted the new patch and EVERY person in there said the same, the clutch goes bad way to easy, you can hardly make a couple laps with out it toasting, I hit the wall and when I went to go the clutch was toast...wtf.
The cars seem to handle bad now, it seems kinda buggy, it just isnt good...
I use auto clutch but shift gears, and now the clutch acts stupid and wont let me shift half the time unless I press it manually, and what is the deal with no more digital speedo?? why in the world would you take that away? No point in taking it off....

Everybody in that server said that they didnt like it and when I said I was going to make this thread they all wanted me to make it.

I really think this patch needs some work or just take it out all together.

Same as say to the other guy , You need learn how to change gears mate
________
HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER REVIEW
Quote from schatten789 :

Everybody in that server said that they didnt like it and when I said I was going to make this thread they all wanted me to make it.

I guess he was on a oval server
I havn't read through all the posts so bear with me if im completely off topic. I myself have been drifting since i downloaded S2. As for the comment a few pages back that Racing isnt as hard as drifting, i must say, you must not race at all. Car setup is more critical in racing then what it is drifting. I like to race everywhere once in a while, depending if i want to suffer from horrible FPS.

The new patch is great, im yet to burn a clutch without doing it for laughs with friends, i clutch kick alot more then usual and i dont usually see the bar raising much at all. I drift better then what i did back in patch X because of the realistic feel. The only thing I'm not impressed with, which is no means, much of LFS's fault is frame rate on the new updated tracks, which is understandable as i have a cheap system that wasn't built for gaming.

Great work to the dev's, they've done an excellent job!!
Best patch ever released, If you are not listening to what has been said then you shouldnt be driving at all, If you are burning your clutch out so quick why dont you check to see if your revs are moving without your speedo, Chances are the clutch is slipping.
Quote from Drunken Predator :Interesting how everybody ignored my post and the video clearly showing how real racing clutch works.. ignorance is a bliss, as they say eh.

I watched it mate exactly what any other cars do in a race that have dog boxes, too many people here are suck ups and don't want to admit that some aspects of Y are wrong.

If scrawen based what he puts in the game on what he drove in real life like the FBM, maybe he got it wrong as the owners of the car will be telling him to clutch on up AND down shifts, to help the cltuch a little, no point abusing it when theres no need to.
nothing like watching 12 y.o kids cry because they cant drive in real life so when they drive in a game they think there experts.....

thread of the month award
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If scrawen based what he puts in the game on what he drove in real life like the FBM, maybe he got it wrong as the owners of the car will be telling him to clutch on up AND down shifts, to help the cltuch a little, no point abusing it when theres no need to.

So I suppose you're a race engineer for some formula 1 team or at least drive a race car with a sequential transmission? Because I specifically remember reading a post by someone on this forum who has driven a real Formula BMW and he said that BMW train you to only use the clutch in the rain.
I like the patch, very little has changed for me, I have no problems with clutch or tyres. I'm sorry that some don't like the patch.
That's about all that needs to be said by most of us right? No need to start this snowball rolling and rolling was there, certainly no need to start throwing the "noob it's a sim" insults about.
My 10c worth: been waiting ages for a more realistic gear change/clutch mech in LFS. Far better now, stops all the ridiculously arcade instant gear changing that people used to get away with. Now theres a proper penalty for not driving properly - you have to look after your gears, engine and clutch more whilst trying to drive competitively. thats a huge plus in my book. Good work devs
Particularly glad the dorks and boy racers find it more difficult - once they stop moaning they will get more out of the game.
Quote from aoun :Press 1 to ban all stupid noobs, drifting people who have a problem with realism, and people who hate Patch Y because of low reasons INSTANTLY!

YEAH! IN HERE WE ONLY ALLOW ONE WAY OF THINKING, JUST LIKE THE MOTHERLAND USSR! (read with sarcasm for you that dont pick up that)

...or just we ban ppl calling other names like "all stupid noobs", regardless their oppinion about things.
Quote from frokki :Hate to be a racist, but why are most of these rants without decent arguments coming from across the pond, where the user base is small even?

Maybe because people can change the country to whatever they please? Someone in Finland could change their country to "USA" if they wanted too. And BTW, "American" isn't a race. Although if I open a business I'm going to put up a sign that says "No Finns allowed" j/k
#171 - Don
Quote from wheel4hummer :Maybe because people can change the country to whatever they please? Someone in Finland could change their country to "USA" if they wanted too.

why do those people choose USA then? there are lots of other countries to choose from
I remember all the complaints from drifters when tyre wear was introduced. Seems almost ludicrous now, so I am guessing that this will go roughly the same way.

At the end of the day LFS is evolving, start acting like adults and deal with it because there are going to be more changes in the future which you may or may not like.

Personally I agree with al heeley and it just adds another dimension to LFS.

Merry Xmas All
I'm a 35 year-old occasional player. I use a gamepad for convenience, and I don't want to spend that much money on a wheel. This new patch has made it almost impossible for me to play; it's not practical to reduce the revs for each and every gear change using a joypad, and all the fun has gone for me.

Before patch y I was able to finish a job (I'm a graphic designer who works from home), start up LFS and enjoy a 10-lap race against AIs just to rest my brain from working. This was the reason I bought S2. I can no longer do this. If it's suposed to be a pure simulator why have AI drivers? They are artificial. Surely this game should be a balance of reality and accessibility. Not everyone uses a wheel and I strongly feel that provisions should be made for non-wheel users.

Lastly, is it possible for me to revert back to the previous patch?
Quote from ebola :

At the end of the day LFS is evolving, start acting like adults and deal with it because there are going to be more changes in the future which you may or may not like.

Amen to that!
Quote from Fat-Alfie :Surely this game should be a balance of reality and accessibility.

It should? Why?

Yes you should be able to revert back to an earlier patch by replacing the current LFS.exe with an older one, but eventually you will be left behind for online play. The Ai have been improved quite a lot in this patch and I urge you to persevere with your controller in the Y patch.
Setups will need to change and you should be able to reach a compromise.

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG