The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
+1 for Gunn to Gun down this thread

*cough* close the *cough* thread *cough*
Quote from Fat-Alfie :I'm a 35 year-old occasional player. I use a gamepad for convenience, and I don't want to spend that much money on a wheel. This new patch has made it almost impossible for me to play; it's not practical to reduce the revs for each and every gear change using a joypad, and all the fun has gone for me.

Before patch y I was able to finish a job (I'm a graphic designer who works from home), start up LFS and enjoy a 10-lap race against AIs just to rest my brain from working. This was the reason I bought S2. I can no longer do this. If it's suposed to be a pure simulator why have AI drivers? They are artificial. Surely this game should be a balance of reality and accessibility. Not everyone uses a wheel and I strongly feel that provisions should be made for non-wheel users.

Lastly, is it possible for me to revert back to the previous patch?

Quote from lfs.net :"LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to drive the sim with a steering wheel, because even though you can use keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel is what you use in a real car, so a wheel should be used in a serious racing simulator. Especially when going online, where fast reactions are required."

I'm not saying you HAVE to get a wheel, you are ofcourse free to choose whatever control method you choose. But imo you're putting the problem with the patch, while it is the other way around. LFS was always meant to be a serious racing simulator, so I don't see how this has anything to do with accessibility. Surely controller choice should not determine where LFS needs to go and hold back it's progress. If you use lfs as just a quick game to relax, I can't help but think you would be better of playing a more arcade type racing game.
lol you guys must be spinning out, miss shifting, and crashing very often to be complaining so much. I like having to lift off and blip on my own for a change. i dont have a clutch pedal yet though.... maybe i'll get a g25 for christmas....

Just dont spin out or flatshift and your clutch's temps will be FINE!!!. i admit they do seem to heat up too quickly when you screw up, but IRL, there might be risk of something else breaking from the violent way people shift and drive in LFS.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Maybe because people can change the country to whatever they please? Someone in Finland could change their country to "USA" if they wanted too. And BTW, "American" isn't a race. Although if I open a business I'm going to put up a sign that says "No Finns allowed" j/k

Sorry if that question offended your hidden origin. I promise not to ask any questions related to foreign countries anymore!
Quote from saumilsingh :

its from ascari a10 speedo i look today video about ascari nad have the same speedo
Well, can I get a refund of my £24 then, as this is no longer the game I paid for.
Quote from Fat-Alfie :Well, can I get a refund of my £24 then, as this is no longer the game I paid for.

You paid for a work in progress and now with patch Y you have more than what you paid for.
Quote from Fat-Alfie :Well, can I get a refund of my £24 then, as this is no longer the game I paid for.

Quote from lfs license agreement :
1.4You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

You got what you paid for, a sim in development.
Whats hard about having to lift off the throttle button for a split second whilst changing gears with a gamepad? Or any controller without a clutch pedal for that matter.
Your own fault for buing a game in alpha state. Bound to be some major changes before beta or final. You should have red the EULA.

Don't people really know what alpha/beta means in a program?

E: Damn I'm slow...

? whats wrong you dont have a lot of fun
you have 2 solution

1: stay on patch x
2: if you want a refund just sell it to a friend ...
Quote from Fat-Alfie :I'm a 35 year-old occasional player. I use a gamepad for convenience, and I don't want to spend that much money on a wheel. This new patch has made it almost impossible for me to play; it's not practical to reduce the revs for each and every gear change using a joypad, and all the fun has gone for me.

Before patch y I was able to finish a job (I'm a graphic designer who works from home), start up LFS and enjoy a 10-lap race against AIs just to rest my brain from working. This was the reason I bought S2. I can no longer do this. If it's suposed to be a pure simulator why have AI drivers? They are artificial. Surely this game should be a balance of reality and accessibility. Not everyone uses a wheel and I strongly feel that provisions should be made for non-wheel users.

Lastly, is it possible for me to revert back to the previous patch?

Set gears to Automatic?
Quote from Fat-Alfie :I'm a 35 year-old occasional player. I use a gamepad for convenience, and I don't want to spend that much money on a wheel.

Come on you can get a second handed momo for about 20 Pounds! Not a lot of money I am sure.

You still have the exact game you paid for. Just keep using the old version that suits your needs and you can keep on trucking just like today. No-one else will be playing that version online of course, but that is hardly the devs' problem.

Err....none of us have the game we paid for.... it hasn't been released yet. All we've done is pre-payed for the finished version. (Does anyone read anything before pressing the 'pay' button these days?)
In the meantime continue to play the ALPHA of LFS.
When S2 is released then you can start complaining if you don't like it.
24 pounds is about $50.

But let me say this: Just because you bought a game and it updated to a version that you dislike. Do you ask for a refund? NO.

It's like buying Halo and asking Microsoft to refund you after their last patch was "not suitable for your gaming skills". The fact that you even thought of this is laughable to me. This kind of comment is almost unheard of in other gaming communites

I can tell that many LFS players are not diverse gamers.

LFS improved for the better. Get use to it. Develop your skills to better suit the simulation because IT IS MORE REALISTIC and it is what a racing simulation should be.

No one ever said that racing in any form is easy. All you people complaining have been too comforted by the old patch that you assume it's the norm. I can say from rFactor and GTR2 experience that LFS was too easy. Now it's much better.

On a final note. The Devs cannot guarantee a game's entertainment value. That's something you have to anticipate before buying a game.
[OT]

Quote from Dario Sudac :its from ascari a10 speedo i look today video about ascari nad have the same speedo

Nope, that's a MoTeC display, which you can find in various race cars, the Ascari A10 being one of them...

[/OT]

What? You still has the game you payed for on you harddrive, S2X (unless you forgot to do a backup). Noone is forcing you to upgrade (unless you want to play those happy with Y online)

Sorry for getting so excited I missed reading The Moose.

I dunno what you expect to get by saying that cause you wont get money back.

Either play LFS and get used to the updates, also be prepared for further updates and read about what LFS is or stop playing it and let the money go to waste.
Quote from canovi88 :im drifter,and i like this patch.but i dont like that ''revs limit''...

and clutch...welcome to the real driving simulator.

On some cars its been increased, i think on the FZR its been decreased by 500 rpms can make quite a bit of difference.
Quote from leigh76 :Only one thing bothers me so far with this new patch, i really think the 'digi-speedo' should get back

yeah,i agree on that we should be able to choice our favourite speedo option Metric or digital!
Quote from Gabkicks : i dont have a clutch pedal yet though.... maybe i'll get a g25 for christmas....

Just in case its relevent to you, i use a Dual Force Pro with my old Wingman wheel plugged in and hidden away out of view, and i use 1 pedal from the wingman set as a clutch, might sound chuffing crazy........but it works really well, not least of all because you can place the clutch pedal where you want, ive heard the g25 pedals are a bit close together, but im just going from what other people have mentioned (and ive got size 11 feet) and before someone calls me a noob or an ass or something, it DOES work well
Quote from beefyman666 :Whats hard about having to lift off the throttle button for a split second whilst changing gears with a gamepad? Or any controller without a clutch pedal for that matter.

And you all gotta admit, manual blipping, sounds soooooooo cool
Quote from Burnzoire :for crying out loud. The transmission modelling has been upgraded, you now need to lift off the throttle when you shift. I don't know why people go to the forums and bitch and moan before they think of simply asking someone why they can't shift properly. Use some common sense.

Yes. You can't accelerate a real car without taking your foot from the accelerator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait..

You can.

I add my thread to the discussion:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35688
Quote from everysinglebitchingmoaningpatchhater :Waaaaaaaaah!

Toughen up.

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG