The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
Quote from danben7 :I really hope they don't change anything.

This patch has really upped the realism and apart from the removal of the XRT (which everyone knew would make people cry)

The rest of it is great, the rev meters are actually at realistic levels, the clutch is like a real clutch, the gears are better, everything in general is better.

If you have a problem with the patch, it's not the patch's fault. It's yours.

Now that ive spent a few hours re-doing setups and just......driving instead of typing I think this patch has made the whole experience better, clutch stalls, realistic revs, itll seperate the drivers from the 'nfs'ers'

all i need now is a stronger spring in me clutch pedal ................ooooo and vibrating pedals....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............and two kids shouting in my ear from behind!
before everyone stones me........

this patch for the most part ROCKS. But....the clutch thing is so bad it's laughable. can barely make a few laps before it's gone. In the banegr servers if you hit something slightly wrong it breaks. NOT GOOD

IMHO there should be an option to turn the clutch breaky thing on or off........
Quote from leigh76 :and two kids shouting in my ear from behind!

I got two spare ones i can send ya.
Well, I do agree.. the tires to warm up too fast.. but then again, it's just a matter of getting used to it. So patch Y is a +1 from me.
im drifter,and i like this patch.but i dont like that ''revs limit''...

and clutch...welcome to the real driving simulator.
Quote from Danielw597 :Well, I do agree.. the tires to warm up too fast.. but then again, it's just a matter of getting used to it. So patch Y is a +1 from me.

Just use the next compound up
Patch is really good. Just learn to drive...
Quote from Smurfen :i em mostly a drifter and i love the new patch, its a good step towards realism and thats what this sim is all about, isnt it?

and i dont get how you can burn the clutch that quickly i havent burned it once (except on purpose)

Your saying something there too, even with the new system it`s easy to drift without burning the clutch. Even I manages to drift without destroying it, and I don`t drift a lot
any drifter will tell you supers are bad and have a weird slipping point. but now normals burn too fast. whatever, adapt to survive
Quote from leigh76 :...all i need now is a stronger spring in me clutch pedal ................ooooo and vibrating pedals....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............and two kids shouting in my ear from behind!

Priceless!

I know how it feels...
ok

1. moderators moderate the forum, dev's create and mod the game
2. the game is more realistic now and there have always been concens about new features, you in time will all learn, like im trying to do how to drive the cars.

3. just take it slow on your own, remember the ai has been upgraded and it doesn't need to learn how to use a clutch so in the beginning it's gunna be faster

4. press 4 for a race line, it might help when your trying to learn the clutch as accelerating and braking need to take a backseat when learning to clutch.

5. stop abusing people who, im guessing mostly tried the test patches to learn how to clutch as i did, but am still struggling but i know i will get there like most others
Come on show a bit of appreciation ye selfish gits

I personally think its great,realism is outstanding.In my eyes its one closer step to more realistic gaming.
If ye want to play mario karts play then don't start making pointless threads complaining because its starting to really piss me off:banghead:
I'm reall happy with it and so should you all.
if your burning the clutch so easy, your crap, end of, and shouldnt be playing online til your able to use a clutch. God help you if you drive in real life too. i cant believe people want a SIMULATOR to be arcadey...
FFS Stop making these damn threads about "OHHH THIS PATCH SUCKS STICK TO X OHH" because this is RIDUCULOUS.You guys need to learn how to drive a stick and once you learn you will not burn that damn clutch.I made 15 laps in blackwood without burning the clutch and im using kb without autoclutch.Seriously STOP MAKING THESE POINTLESS THREADS!
I wish people would name the car in which they burn the clutch.

With the exception of digital speedo I have no problem with the new patch. If this continues I might even buy a wheel hehe.

All this reminds me of the drama from a FPS game when some servers removed the messages like "player1 was shot by player2".
OK, after about a million threads, all i've herd is, "Jezuz, Patch Y sucks, Patch X FTW." But i have yet to hear WHY it is so "bad."
Quote from frokki :Hate to be a racist, but why are most of these rants without decent arguments coming from across the pond, where the user base is small even?

Im from 'across the pond' and I vote for this thread to be closed. (1/2)
Quote from schatten789 :the clutch goes bad way to easy, you can hardly make a couple laps with out it toasting, I hit the wall and when I went to go the clutch was toast...wtf.

just a suggestion, you being from USA and all... you DO know what is a manual transmission and you DO know how to use it, don't you?
I have just lasted 7 laps of SO of DRIFTING the XRT with clutch kicking sometimes, hard shifts without releasing gas sometimes...and it was pretty much good untill I have made a mistake on shifting down and killed my clutch in a second
Quote from Rappa Z :But i have yet to hear WHY it is so "bad."

Because it's (a bit) harder now. Because the times are slower. Because things changed (some people can't deal with change). Because the XRT was removed from the demo. Because "the world" as they know it has changed.
Yes, these are purely self centered "problems" but perceived as problems of the patch.

Note, the above are not my opinions, but an observation and an (of course limited) analysis of the inner workings of some people's brain.
Quote from racer hero :Im from 'across the pond' and I vote for this thread to be closed. (1/2)

I agree close this crap, the first 4 posts just pulled the whole thread into a shit pit and this is not typical of the lfsforum. Why has everyone become so nasty lately and letting all types of digs and offensive behavior fly? The idea of a forum is to voice differing opinions and then discuss them in a rational manner, now every idiot can almost say what they want and offend anyone without any beat down from a moderator.
Quote from Rooble :.... now every idiot can almost say what they want and offend anyone without any beat down from a moderator.

Plenty of members have been dealt with in a disciplinary manner in the past week. Just because we don't drag them across the coals publicly doesn't mean we don't act. This isn't reality TV.
Quote from Gunn :Plenty of members have been dealt with in a disciplinary manner in the past week. Just because we don't drag them across the coals publicly doesn't mean we don't act. This isn't reality TV.

That reads as if you're almost offended by what I said, and I'm very much aware of the disciplinary action taken against offending users as I received my first warning last night.

Oh and reality TV has the added bonus (usually) of voting people off and such, I think it would be a decent addition to the forum gadgets!
Guys, this thread is discusting. All of you who have thrown insults? Who the hell are you? What gives you the right?
anything to bring down nubz

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG