The online racing simulator
Quote from Widdowmaker :Just upgraded my system for christmas

Hardware:
Processor: AMD X2 6400+ Black Gamer edition
Videocard: XFX Nvidia 8800 GTX (running at 1950 mhz)
Memory: OCZ DDR 2 - Dual channel PLatinum revision running at 800mhx with 444 15 timings (Have 4g but power supply on good enough to run 2g)
HDD: Samsung 500g sata II, Samsung 300g IDE, Samsung 120g IDE
DVD: Samsung WriteMaster SataII with
Motherboard: Asus M32n sli Deluxe Green with AI (Quiet technology and AI driven cooling and Overclock utilities)
PSU: Artic Storm 700W (upgrading to 1000W) to power 4g mem
Speakers: Mad KAtz 5.1 surround
Soundcard: Onboard 8 channel
Monitor: 1 x Dell 17", 2 x DGM 17"
Monitor devices: Matrox triple head 2 go
Case: Aqua Jeantech Gaming Developments Case
Cooling: PSC - Zalman 9500 psu cooler - Case 3 x 80mm artic blue fans - 1 x 120mm artic blue
Accesories:
Mouse: Logitech G5 Gaming mouse
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Keyboard
Headset: Pantronics Game.com 1
Wheel: Logitech DFP
Additional controlers: G Saitek X52 Flight Control System, Saitek rudder pedal controls, Logitech USB wireless dual rumble controler.

Nice System ;-) - strange you can only run 2gb Ram with your PSU.. thought 700w would be ample ! - I have 770W PSU and running 4gb of exact same ram only on an Intel based system

EDIT: Have you tried updating the BIOS? Or even thought about upgrading to Vista...I remember some people having issues when trying to use 4gb before and were affected by this. - Might be worth ruling out before you spend out on a new PSU
Yeah - having issues with the Memory itself - its extremely power thristy running the low latency timings. Not a massive issue really. I dont want to go over to vista yet - so will crack on with the 2G till I get a new PSU and the 2nd GTX.

The New psu is only £80, Ive spent over £2500 this year on PC's so a drop in the ocean and will stick 700W in PC Im selling. The new PSU will help with the SLI memory when that arrives.
Quote from Widdowmaker :Yeah - having issues with the Memory itself - its extremely power thristy running the low latency timings.

Surely not dude. I run that ram at I think those timings - possibly 4-4-4-12 and my 580W PSU copes fine, as you'd expect.

Compared to the cpu and GTX in there the ram uses a small amount of power. I think the issue lies somewhere else myself.
Well aint writing my current pc as its really crap, but here are mine new pc specs, just 9 more days to go

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2 3.0GHz

2x1GB 240-Pin DIMM PC2-6400

GeForce 8600GT 512MB PCIE HTDP Silent

HDD1 - 80GB

HDD2 - 160GB

G15 Keyboard
22" Monitor

That will be more than enough for me
Quote from pb32000 :Surely not dude. I run that ram at I think those timings - possibly 4-4-4-12 and my 580W PSU copes fine, as you'd expect.

Compared to the cpu and GTX in there the ram uses a small amount of power. I think the issue lies somewhere else myself.

Well - I'm no expert and the issue resolves it self when there is only 2 sims in, so cant thiunk what else it would be. It cuts out just like a lack of power issue - with no errors reported.

Dont know what else it could be.
Quote from Widdowmaker :Well - I'm no expert and the issue resolves it self when there is only 2 sims in, so cant thiunk what else it would be. It cuts out just like a lack of power issue - with no errors reported.

Dont know what else it could be.

I'd be inclined to say a faulty stick somewhere in there. I used to have a PC that occasionally restarted randomly - like a power supply issue, however I changed pretty much every component over time apart from the ram and it still did it. I guess one of the sticks was faulty, however it only happened maybe once every 2 weeks so I didn't ever bother replacing them.
Well, here's mine:

Socket A 1.3GHz AMD Athlon (Heatsink for a 2.1 Athlon XP with a 100mm fan= loud as hell)
1GB 333MHz DDR-RAM
160GB Seagate Baracuda IDE HD
nVidia nForce 2 mini-atx motherboard, 100MHz FSB
nVidia GeForce 5200FX GFX card, 128mb
Logitech (Genius) low key keboard with Russian letters
IBM Laser laptop mouse.
2.1 Speakers
Logitech DFP wheel

PICS:

The recliner is experimental. I wedged 4 erasers in the wooden rocking mechanism, so that it doesnt move. I have been sitting on a lawn chair with a pad until now.
My new spec list for Christmas

Q6600 G0
Asus P5K-E
XFX 8800GTS G92
Crucial Ballistix 2GB PC2-6400
Corsair HX520w PSU
Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 black case
Quote from Mc21 :My new spec list for Christmas

Q6600 G0
Asus P5K-E
XFX 8800GTS G92
Corsair HX520w PSU

NICE
spec ATM
this will be my mum and dads pc - the screen as i paid for it lol

my humble LFS hole lol

My 2 subs both about 400w but one was only a 2.1 so when went 5.1 double adapter came out to make a more pure bass as both seem to manage diff bass due to there design

the steering wheel and pedals looking at the G25 Atm its about 3000Rmb here in china makes it 186 pounds

The pc almost finished the switches are for the front 4 fans only on when i play LSF and NSF pro street

and the guts or insides

im in the process of building the beast once i finish ill post the pics up BTW the beast is a totaly diff computer
Quote from Agniz :
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
GFX: ASUS NVidia GeForce 7600GS 512mb Edition (waiting for 8800GTS)
RAM: 2 x 1024mb 667mhz
MOB: Intel DG965SS (waiting for something better...)
HDD: 250gb
PSU: FSP 400w

WHL: None, @ the moment.
KYB: Logitech G11
AUD: Logitech Z-3
MOU: A4tech X-750BF
SCR: ViewSonic G90f 19'' CRT

Upgrades:
GFX: XFX 8800gt
PSU: Chieftec 620w
WHL: Logitech MOMO.
MOU: Razer DeathAdder
SCR: Samsung 245b 24''
Current PC:

E6600
8800GTS 320mb
2gig 6400 ram
G25.

More than enough for LFS, though will be upgrading again in feb.
#888 - Gmm
Well, i have crap.

AMD Sempron 2500+ @ 1.6 GHz
Kingston 2x512MB RAM
GeForce 6600GT OC'ed.
350W PSU
LG Flatron L1752S

I'm thinking about upgrade to Q6600 or E6850 Intel Core system.
Quote from Gmm :Here mi machine;

C2D E6750 2.66@ 3.7ghz 1.552v cooled by Tr Extreme Ultra 120
Gigabyte P35-DQ6
Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC-8500 DDR1000 4-4-4-4
Ati X1800XT 512mb and a 7900GT
WD Raptor 74gb & WD 500GB
Seasonic M-12 700W, Stacker 830, Samsung 226BW
Logitech G7 black/G15/G25 (I don't have time to enjoy it )

Here his limit:

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1mft3.gif

And there a foto:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6280/dsc04030wg1zc2.jpg

Bye!

very nice rig you got there, beautiful, are you gonna think about upgrading the graphics card some time? or are you just a light gamer
#891 - Gmm
Quote from harjun :very nice rig you got there, beautiful, are you gonna think about upgrading the graphics card some time? or are you just a light gamer

I own a 8800GTS 320mb but I sold it, I don't play games (I don't have free time). I only play LFS occasionaly, and I have to practise too much

Thanks!
Quote from Gmm :I own a 8800GTS 320mb but I sold it, I don't play games (I don't have free time). I only play LFS occasionaly, and I have to practise too much

Thanks!

also, why you got vista looking really old, your rig should run it smooothly
Quote from harjun :also, why you got vista looking really old, your rig should run it smooothly

It's called personal preference.
#894 - Gmm
Quote from garph :It's called personal preference.

Thanks

I don't need Aero fashion effects on my PC, it's nice the windows classic style, isn't it?

On my laptop Aero efects are good and nice... But for a PC that I use to play, P2P, or CAD programs... Aero it isn't important and I win a little more perfomance without him
SPECS:

Quote from Mc21 :My new spec list for Christmas

Q6600 G0
Asus P5K-E
XFX 8800GTS G92
Corsair HX520w PSU

You need a good air cooler for that Q6600. Its a hot chip, but the rest of your rig seem nice enough to clock it to 3.2-3.6 fairly easily.

Very nice setup though

edit -> is your ram in dual channel? I can't tell from your pics but you want to make sure they're in the right slots.
G0 step seems to run cool (stock that is). I'm going to be upgrading my fan later (not planning on o/cing yet, but to keep the pc quiet, atm the loudest parts of my pc are the CPU fan and GFX fan. That said... the overall sound is actually very quiet, hard to hear unless you are really listening!)

I just built this pc recently to play COD4 (and obviously LFS), but after blowing my budget by nearly 4x, its turned into my main machine (rather then my laptop)

Antec P182 Chasis
Antec NeoPower 650W PSU
Gigabyte X38-DQ6 Motherboard
2.4Ghz Intel Quad Core Duo Q6600
2x1Gb Giel Ram (Dual Channel 5-5-5-12)
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512Mb
Creative SoundBlaster Fatality XtremeGamer X-Fi Pro
Netgear WG311 Wireless Card
2x Samsung 500Gb SATA2 Drives
LG DVD/CD Burner
2x LG Flatron Widescreen Monitors (L226WTQ-BF, 2ms, 5000:1, S Panel)
Creative 5.1 Speakers
Creative Speakers Stands
Logitech DiNovo Edge
Logtech MX Revolution
Logitech G25

[Pics to follow once I clean my table up...]
Quote from srdsprinter :You need a good air cooler for that Q6600. Its a hot chip, but the rest of your rig seem nice enough to clock it to 3.2-3.6 fairly easily.

Very nice setup though

edit -> is your ram in dual channel? I can't tell from your pics but you want to make sure they're in the right slots.

I'll be watercooling soon

It was in single channel at first, cuz Vista didn't like dual channel when I was installing it.. But now it's back in dual channel.. I took the pics while Vista was installing..

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG