The online racing simulator
Quote from schwantz34 :the car still doesnt get fixed in X31 when u go in pit
and u still cant see the speed when youre in cockpit mode...

What you need is three of these. Then you'll be able to see your speedo in loads and loads of detail. Alternatively you could just look a bit harder at the speedo, it's not a precision instrument just like a real car, imagine there's a speed camera and you'll have no issue
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Read the changelog

Also, are you doing this with typical roadgoing gearing IE 50KM is top speed for first gear?

I know there are problems, but we need to make sure tests are in the right context.

I thought about that, but didn't have time to go back and check the gearing. I'll try to do that later, but since I was trying this on South City Town, I'm pretty sure I was using a fairly low geared setup.

Quote :What I do find odd is that shutting the engine off takes 3 seconds for it to wind down from 1000RPM to 0...

Watching the G meter while trying to stall the car - it seems like individual firings are happening accurrately, which is cool (I better check that again though), but it's like compression is not in the the model at all - but then the car would roll on a hill, in gear which it doesn't - so I have no idea what's going on.

edit: When the engine gets to very low RPM, IE < 500, it could be done that the engine's inertia is modified between firings to simulate compression - then it would act right when shutting off.

Something is definitely off in the way that the engine/flywheel responds. It takes a very long time for the engine to wind down, and the engine will resume running if you depress the clutch when it's barely spinning. I don't know if changing the inertia when under 500rpm is a good fix or not. I think that would just introduce more problems in the future. I'd rather see compression, flywheel weight, etc. accounted for. That way, in the future, we could lose compression on a cylinder which would cause one effect, or lose spark on a cyclinder which would cause a totally different effect. Similarly, it would be easier to change car behavior using different flywheel weights, grabbier/softer clutches, higher compression, etc (via Scawen on the back-end, not user editable).

Of course, this is all a lot easier said than done. And I've really no idea how complex the current engine/flywheel/clutch model is or what factors it takes into account. All I know is that right now the behavior is quite odd. A huge improvement over X10, but weird enough that it takes away from the immersion.
What's new in DEDICATED HOST X31 ?
Quote from ease :What's new in DEDICATED HOST X31 ?

Nothing really, it's not worth upgrading a dedicated host from X30 to X31.
Download link for X31 seems to have given up. I'm waiting for the next important patch, so minor fixes aren't a priority for me. Just pointing this out...
Quote from PioneerLv :Redline limiter sound is TERRIBLE.
I hope it will not be in the patch Y. It should be removed.

Previous REV. limiter sound is much better. Worst thing I don't want to play anymore with that limiter sound (with road stock cars).

The limiter is to stop the engine exploding immediately from too much throttle, its an upper limit, you should shift before it. I've never heard the rev limiter in any car I've raced, no matter how hard I drive it. The power drops off towards it so you should be changing pronto!
Quote from z3r0c00l :The limiter is to stop the engine exploding immediately from too much throttle, its an upper limit, you should shift before it. I've never heard the rev limiter in any car I've raced, no matter how hard I drive it. The power drops off towards it so you should be changing pronto!

Still worth getting there at least once to know how it behaves and not be surprised should you get there when it matters. I know how it sounds and feels when I reach the rev limiter on my bike. I get there rarely, but I do get there.
CT indicator suggestion
Didn't know where else to put it, so here it is...

Looking at the fact that Clutch Temp is in both F9 and F10 screens, might there be a way that its just there all the time?

Now that it is here, i would like to be able to see both the standings AND the CT, without letting go of the wheel, could it be an option like Frames/s and time or CT?

Could the CT be an actual temperature? Maybe even heat colour graded like tires?

Well, all from me for now... Click

EDIT: BTW is there a reason that standings disappear when viewing F9 or F10? Cos that would solve the problem of the most of the request
Quote from Cue-Ball :It takes a very long time for the engine to wind down, and the engine will resume running if you depress the clutch when it's barely spinning.

Yeah, that's why I don't get how people are stalling even if you make a bad start I've yet to have a time when I haven't caught it when it would seem far too late.
If I update from X30 to X31, will I loose my setups all over again???
WHat!?
I'm a bit devastated... The game looks amazing now.. but they removed one of the most used cars in LFS history.. the XRT...

I seriously would consider putting it back, even if it means we can't have the FB02....

Over a thousand users have tried LFS, and more than half have returned from time to time, some come everyday..

The XRT is one of the most iconic cars in LFS, I'd say put it back! Please.

As for the course, brilliant, but many people are already upset and aren't willing to use the New patch IF it does come without the XRT...

Its a sacrifice I'm willing to not pay... I'd keep the XRT than the FB02... honestly...

GREAT Improvements, and I'm glad its only a test...

Please think about it.. PLease!
Quote from UruNico2641 :I'm a bit devastated... The game looks amazing now.. but they removed one of the most used cars in LFS history.. the XRT...

I seriously would consider putting it back, even if it means we can't have the FB02....

Over a thousand users have tried LFS, and more than half have returned from time to time, some come everyday..

As for the course, brilliant, but many people are already upset and aren't willing to use the New patch IF it does come without the XRT...

Its a sacrifice I'm willing to not pay... I'd keep the XRT than the FB02... honestly...

The XRT is there believe me, and it's even better than before! It handles even better now, try it..
Many people aren't willing to continue using free software if it doesn't come with everything they want ?

How will LFS survive ?
Quote from UruNico2641 :
Its a sacrifice I'm willing to not pay...

You haven't paid anything ever, have you?
Quote from UruNico2641 :I'm a bit devastated... The game looks amazing now.. but they removed one of the most used cars in LFS history.. the XRT...

solution
solution

Ha - feel the burn ! :bananadea

The XRT is sure there, u just need to BUY S1 at least.

Whine whine - I haven't paid anything, get a new free formula car, new blackwood, and it's not fair.

NOTE TO DEMO USERS - WE DON'T CARE

BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT U GET FOR FREE !
Don't be so hostile to demo racers, they will one day be licensed racers if they just have possibility and need for it.

Also check country he is from and then do quick Google about economy, that can perhaps put things bit better perspective.
when this patch will be confirm ? (not test only)..i mean full and confirm compatible
Who knows, a little while I think.
Quote from JTbo :Don't be so hostile to demo racers, they will one day be licensed racers if they just have possibility and need for it.

Also check country he is from and then do quick Google about economy, that can perhaps put things bit better perspective.

He has a computer he has an internet connection, it can´t be that bad. Yes I know the computer could have been given.
It´s not about hostility. It´s about keeping it in perspective and realising you´re getting it for free.
And checking each person´s nationality and looking up the economic status of his country is really taking it too far. And besides it doesn´t really say anything about the person in question. There´s rich people in poor countries and there are poor people in rich countries.
Quote from JTbo :Don't be so hostile to demo racers, they will one day be licensed racers if they just have possibility and need for it.

ok just for you anybody from one of JTbo's specialy selected "poor economy" countrys can have s2 for free. apply here www.ima-freeloader.com :P
Quote from z3r0c00l :The limiter is to stop the engine exploding immediately from too much throttle, its an upper limit, you should shift before it. I've never heard the rev limiter in any car I've raced, no matter how hard I drive it. The power drops off towards it so you should be changing pronto!

I really think that this point of view is a bit narrow-minded. I only raced FSAE cars in reallife until now. But there you often get to the limiter because you often drive in 1st and 2nd gear and the car revs so fast that there are track parts where its not the best solution to shift. Example: You know you reach the limiter just 5 or 10 meters before the braking point, then you easily can rev to the limiter and concentrate on braking, because the tracks are very narrow and unforgiving. I think there are moments in "real" racing where its not the most stupid choice to behave like this too. Atleast if you don't got a flappy-pedal gearbox. Because one upshift less means also one downshift less...

And the limiter is there to prevent the engine of getting damaged, so its not "forbidden" to reach it.

BUT: Nonetheless i'am a bit with you... also i pretty like the rev limiter sound we currently have. It atleast gives you a good feeling for "SHIFT... SHIFT NOW"

Greats,
Warper
What about do you guys think about engine brake torque? I think the brake torque is insignificant on all cars, especially on the race cars. I mean there is no need to blip the throttle while downshifitng to keep the rear stable, which makes driving easy. Especially the race cars with assumed high engine compression ratios and low inertia drive train including engine should have some noticeable brake torque. My street car seems to have more of it. I'm not saying it is wrong, i'm just wondering.

About clutch heat:
I heard many people whining about they can't drive too laps without overheating the clutch. Seriously if you experience this you do something terrible wrong while driving. From the first lap on with the new patch i didn't manage to overheate my clutch, only on puporse.
Quote from Nordic :What about do you guys think about engine brake torque? I think the brake torque is insignificant on all cars, especially on the race cars. I mean there is no need to blip the throttle while downshifitng to keep the rear stable, which makes driving easy. Especially the race cars with assumed high engine compression ratios and low inertia drive train including engine should have some noticeable brake torque. My street car seems to have more of it. I'm not saying it is wrong, i'm just wondering.

+1 i too think that engine braking is too low in LFS...
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG