The online racing simulator
One thing I haven't seen mentioned but is quite cool is the reduction in clear vision now in some of the cars particularly the FOX - it feels like you really are inside the car. Will make races harder though for concentration.
hmm i guess ure right...
#303 - hda
thanks for the patch. downloading
I cant the car (any car) to stall. I know if im racing its best not to stall it but i wanna see what its like

How can i stall it
Quote from nigelpm :One thing I haven't seen mentioned but is quite cool is the reduction in clear vision now in some of the cars particularly the FOX - it feels like you really are inside the car. Will make races harder though for concentration.

Is it in every car or just like F1 ones.
Ajp, You're saying not being able to change gear depending on your throttle position is realistic, well it's not. The Clutch damage after that sure, but the actuall restriction? That's why I dis-like it, it doesn't give me the freedom to do it ,yet i still get clutch damage?
Quote from Drift2007 :Is it in every car or just like F1 ones.

It's a shimmering effect when going over bumps - try any single seater at South City and you'll see what I mean
basicly if u like will switch your gear at like 8 or 9 rpm it will your gears will like burn or something 0.x
Quote from nigelpm :It's a shimmering effect when going over bumps - try any single seater at South City and you'll see what I mean

Aight.. Im at school right now.^-^ half an hour left hehe
Quote from BlueFlame :Ajp, You're saying not being able to change gear depending on your throttle position is realistic, well it's not. The Clutch damage after that sure, but the actuall restriction? That's why I dis-like it, it doesn't give me the freedom to do it ,yet i still get clutch damage?

Go and get in your car drive down the road floor the throttle don't touch the clutch and try and yank it out of gear, guess what, you'll find you can't because the gears have too large a force across them to unmesh.

(If you like your car don't try this)
Just to be anal, all the gears are always meshed anyway
I love IT

Great patch!!
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
You have to back up all your settings... like setups skins dds files etc...
Though I always want more, the changes in engine inertia seem to have helped the single seaters especially, and the gearbox things are neat. Good going. The F1 without TC is a lot less nervous now because of it, if my memories of the pre patch handling are correct.

AI is well made! Though an AI only race with all the 20 different cars is a little .. hard for the poor fellas.. Very impressive coding though; so good that I accept that the tyres haven't been worked on; at least this patch shows that quite a bit has happened over the last months.

Ahoy! LFS
thx!
Quote :Removed XR GT Turbo car from demo

:up:

I'm looking forward to the rest of the treats in this patch, nice work devs
Thanks developers!
The clutch damage is the best improvement i could expect!
I can't wait to download and test.
Quote from Drift2007 :
Well I guess that developers wanted to show that LFS is for racing not drifting...

i think they want to say that the Demo is not a full game and ppl can not expect support like for the full game.
I dont think they are sad about drifting in their game
Quote from Ramses :Great patch!

One thing though and it's not a small one! The view setting are fun but not when your using pov hat. I'm basicly driving blind. The 45 degree angles are useless because they dont give any extra visibility but the only important view, the 90 degree view, is now gone.

I would like to point out that this is not a small problem. Basicly the viewbuttons have now become arbitrary features

I have to agree. Love the patch. I was cautious about the clutching for us two-pedal guys, and any penalisation, but it's good. The clutch modelling feels good, you can really feel the engine inertia if you get back on the gas too soon after a gearchange or change down a gear whilst cornering on the limit.

But, the changes to the view controls... oh dear. I don't have a G25 with a single big red button on each side of the wheel, I have a DFP which has a POV hat and can't do a double button press to look 90° to each side. The 45° view is useless. Maybe I can fix it in the Logitch profiler or something, but was there really any need for this change? It seems arbitrary, and frustrating.

Quote from ajp71 :It stops the looking through the sides on high sided cars, which was just silly and is a lot more realistic given the fact that most modern racing cars have either high sided cockpits or seats with side impact protection, both of which limit the view, in fact 45 degrees is probably unrealistic for modern racing seats as used in all the GT cars and a lot of modified road cars.

In a real racing car, I'd have a helluva lot more peripheral vision than a 17" monitor provides me. And besides, in an XFG I can only look 45° with a button press to the side which allegedly is too generous for racing seats, but an equal button press allows me to crane my neck around to look straight out the back window? Hardly seems to make sense.

Just bring back the choice of a 90° side view please.
where is the button to set digital speedometer?
Quote from STROBE :I
But, the changes to the view controls... oh dear. I don't have a G25 with a single big red button on each side of the wheel, I have a DFP which has a POV hat and can't do a double button press to look 90° to each side. The 45° view is useless. Maybe I can fix it in the Logitch profiler or something, but was there really any need for this change? It seems arbitrary, and frustrating.

What's wrong with the L2 and R2 buttons far easier to reach than the POV.

Quote :
In a real racing car, I'd have a helluva lot more peripheral vision than a 17" monitor provides me. And besides, in an XFG I can only look 45° with a button press to the side which allegedly is too generous for racing seats, but an equal button press allows me to crane my neck around to look straight out the back window? Hardly seems to make sense.

Have you ever sat in a low mounted seat with high sides whilst wearing a helmet, you'll see bugger all, certainly far less than in LFS with 45 degree look.
Quote from mxpxun :where is the button to set digital speedometer?

Read the patch notes please!

(The option has been removed, each car has a fixed speedo type now)
& get ready for all the 'help!my speedo has been stolen!!!' threads:rolleyes:
:uglyhamme
Omg!
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG