The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
Quote from Ondrejko :do we also get dedicated server Y before LFS patch Y release ?

I'm assuming that will be released tomorrow, or early Friday.

This is all pre-supposing that Y is coming this Friday. It's entirely possible that it could be another week yet. Nobody this side of the LFS wormhole knows!
Awesome! The FBM looks very detailed
Quote from SamH :I'm assuming that will be released tomorrow, or early Friday.

This is all pre-supposing that Y is coming this Friday. It's entirely possible that it could be another week yet. Nobody this side of the LFS wormhole knows!

nevermind, i just wanna set up my FBM server before release, because then ill be very busy to do that
Holy crap, look at the detail in the cockpit. This level of detail is unseen in LFS, even the BF1 cockpit looks bit half-arsed now. I'm glad Eric has realised hi-res textures are the way go - you can even read what's on the battery box behind the wheel. If the GTR/road car cockpits are going to be in same standard...

(raised gamma in the picture)
Attached images
Image1.jpg
A few minutes work importing CMX (in old version of Max so that I can play at work with my materials etc in a newer version).

The only texture is the skin, and all materials are 'Standard', hence no reflections or interesting bits... Going to be a lovely car to render though me thinks, as there is quite a bit of detail in the modelling materials used (separate bodywork fittings for example)... Mmmmmm
Attached images
FormulaBMW.png
wanna just say thanks for this programm
Quote from LFSn00b :All i miss are the pedals

you won't see them cause of driver's legs anyway

And how are you going to see them while driving? :rolleyes:

Yeah, but you is neva gonna see the pedals in the game itself...
What for? So the non-moving feet have something to rest on? Or that you pay a bit of performance for the off-chance someone uses a custom camera that shows the pedal area? Seriously... at first I thought you were sarcastic, but this is ridiculous.
.ZIP File
#63 - axus
A pic of the exhaust/transmission for people who can't look at it in CMX or don't want to.

More than enough if you ask me. You'll never spot any of the small discrepencies while racing.
Attached images
FBMtransmission.jpg
Is that lever dealy a gear stick?

(sorry for my stupidity, but I dont really know much about single seaters )
No, it's for flushing :rolleyes:
Yes, manual clutch. But you only use it for pulling away from the line, afaik. Maybe for downshifting, too?
#68 - axus
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, manual clutch. But you only use it for pulling away from the line, afaik. Maybe for downshifting, too?

BMW teaches their "drivers" to do so but it's not needed for downshifting (unless it's wet ). At least thats a friend of mine (former driver) said to me
Thanks Scawen!Will put it into big use!
Thanks for the updated viewer, devs!
Thanks
Sam, now get to work on the skin! Whips are cracking!
Thanks Scavier. The details on that car are just amazing. The cockpit. The little nudges. Really great.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG