The online racing simulator
CMX Viewer with Formula BMW FB02
Hello Racers!

Here is the updated CMX Viewer containing the Formula BMW FB02 :

Download : www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_VIEWER_S2Y.exe

Installation : Make a new folder (e.g. LFS_VIEWER_S2Y) and save the install file into that folder, then run the install.

- All cars have DEFAULT skins and mapping info files @ 1024x1024 and helmet @ 512x512
- One painted skin each for FBM / BF1 / HEL

For anyone who doesn't know what the CMX Viewer is, it's a small program which can help with skinning. You can load a car model (CMX) and a skin (JPG) into the Viewer then set it to automatically reload the skin each time you save it from your drawing program, so you can inspect it closely from any angle in the Viewer with or without lighting.

You can find skin templates in the data\skins folder. To make your own skin, first make a copy of the XXX_DEFAULT skin, with the correct three-letter prefix (e.g. FBM_MYSKIN.jpg for the formula BMW) then start editing it in a drawing program. Mapping info is provided in the form of JPG files in the map_info folder. When your skin is finished you can save it into your data\skins folder inside LFS and you will be able to load it in-game. Licensed users can upload their skin, at 1024x1024 resolution, to www.lfsworld.net so it will be visible to other people when you race online.

Have fun!
Nice!
Thank you Scawen. I`ll guess that the patch are not far away eighter hmmm?
thanks Scawen!

Apart from the FB02, are there any other changes in the CMX viewer car wise?
Nice work!

I guess that the patch isn't that far then..? =)
#5 - Timz
Great, gonna try it right now!

Tim
Quote from lococost :Apart from the FB02, are there any other changes in the CMX viewer car wise?

There are some minor changes to the FO8 mesh, but the changes don't affect existing skins.
For example the windscreen is updated and the holes for the upper part of the front suspension are a bit wider.
Bug: Cloudy Afternoo? (having loaded the viewer, and loaded the FBM)
#8 - SamH
Quote from tristancliffe :Bug: Cloudy Afternoo? (having loaded the viewer, and loaded the FBM)

/me chortles

The new car looks fab! Can't wait to give it a bump start
Sweet!

The exhaust in that car is so nice, noticed it in the videos, but looks even better now! The interior and the dirty windscreen are very nice too!
Well, if the release of the BF1 is anything to go by, the CMX viewer for that was released the day before (regulars correct me please) the patch.

This means nothing, but maybe... SHHH... Steve.... Stop making rumours.....

In the mean time im going to have a good look at this car in the CMX viewer. I am a single seater addict (exept of course when i go on these cruise servers), so this is a welcome addition for me.

Anyway, just gonna say thanks to the devs for their persistant work on new patches. Just as you begin to loose hope (i was starting to think that we would never get content), something new comes along, and its really cool.

-Steve
#11 - SamH
Just had a waltz around the new BMW cockpit too.. what a beautiful piece of modelling!

Quote from spiderbait90 :Well, if the release of the BF1 is anything to go by, the CMX viewer for that was released the day before (regulars correct me please) the patch.

AFAIK major patches have always been released on Fridays.. so unless Scawen's breaking with tradition, it's at least a couple of days away yet
What a weekend it would be, with patch releasing on a friday
Would we reach 2 000 users online you think?
I get a 7-Zip error on exe after coubleclicking? Not a supported archive?
#15 - Timz
Quote from The Very End :What a weekend it would be, with patch releasing on a friday
Would we reach 2 000 users online you think?

NO, MUCH HIGHER!!! EVERYBODY RACE NOW!!!
(I hope the master server will handle it on Friday...)

And the Formula BMW looks very, very, very neat...man, 100% detailed!!!
I think this is much better detailed then, let's say, XBOX 360 racing cars in Forza, PGR, etc.
Man, what a game is LFS...best their is!

Timz
Quote from The Very End :Nice!
Thank you Scawen. I`ll guess that the patch are not far away eighter hmmm?

Scawen, my birthday is on Friday. You already know my wish for a present
The detail at the back of the car is really nice. Best looking single-seater yet - nice work Eric.
My birthday is on satuday, damn what a nice weekend it would be.
The new car looks great, looks like a mix of Fo8 and Fox
Had a second, closer look at the interior and now I really want to know what the other updated interiors will look like. That level of detail is rather nice!
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I get a 7-Zip error on exe after coubleclicking? Not a supported archive?

It should work fine. You probably have an error with downloading. Try downloading it again.

----------------------------------------------------

I just remembered that the car selection window is full. No more cars will fit. I wonder how that is solved. Having them all on the same page is a good thing.

Quote from The Very End :The new car looks great, looks like a mix of Fo8 and Fox

When you compare the new car and FOX, then the FOX looks like its 30 years old.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :It should work fine. You probably have an error with downloading. Try downloading it again.

----------------------------------------------------

I just remembered that the car selection window is full. No more cars will fit. I wonder how that is solved. Having them all on the same page is a good thing.

I did twice! I dont need the 7-zip program since it should selfextract just as LFS patches. But it does not..weird.
#24 - axus
The detail of the new car is stunning! Hats off to Eric!
Quote from LFSn00b :Thanks really much Scawen, this car is my new love, it's nicely detailed and cool :lovies3d:

I suppose there isn't a FB2 skin thread yet? (cba to watch )

BTW, it's called the FBM

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG