The online racing simulator
Real Drag slicks
(26 posts, started )
Real Drag slicks
I no this won't happen is S2 but i think that they should have drag slicks for all cars in S3 when it comes out. even for the street cars like the XRT and the demo cars so demoers can use them when they want to race on the blackwood stright. well this is just a thought but would be cool.
I disagree about demo racers and blackwood straight. I think they should have drag slicks only for the drag strip. But a properly setup drag strip with burnouts and staging and a full time slip. Wouldn't be that hard to setup. And LFS was supposed to be about simulating all forms of racing, so unless the focus has changed that would be one more that could be ticked off on the master board of racing goodness.
what's the difference between a normal slick and dragslicks?
The tyre compound is probably a lot softer, since they need to have tons of grip, but don't have to last very long.

Anyway -1 to the suggestion.
they are very soft and when spun at high speeds grow in diameter, changing gearing
#7 - ajp71
-1, mainly because we don't have any massively traction limited cars so they'd be pointless.
We don't have any drag cars, so -1.
ok mabey not for blackwood but this is for S3 im talking about so they could add more cars. like some drag cars.
Essential for any real drag car, so a big +10 for then and a -1 for now.
yea like i said this isnt going to be anytime soon and the needs a good improvment on the drag racing in this simulator as we will call it and i dont plan on buying a S2 licsence but when S3 comes out im getting one cuzz S3 will be out in a couple of years.. hopefully. and than i can get my moneys worth. and a lot more features will be added by than.
-1...no one really uses the drag strip in S2...so whats the point in putting them in if no one will uses them but demoers?

Drag slicks are softer compound yes...and if you'd watch top fuel dragsters..you would notice they expand and thats why cars have no interior on the inside so the tyres can expand and thats why you see smoke on the inside of the car
I bet some S2 racers would use if they had really powerfull drag car. and that they made the staging and burnout like bw_krupp said it would just make it more fun i think. well i dont really no what the drag racing is like in lfs id really have to try it out to see but i got to think about putting slicks on everycar i think thats a bad idead becuase it would turn lfs into like NFSPS (need for speed pro street) which isnt all thats good. but i would just like to see and top fuel dragster in the game so i can do lng smoky burnout before i roll up to stage.
scoobyrbac - I'd have to agree with Travis here, the reason drag racing is unpopular in LFS, aside from not being able to offer anywhere near the excitement of door to door sim circuit racing, is that it is underdeveloped and missing some of the intricacies of real life.
Thanks bob someone finally agrees with me but i think that they should bring in the drag racing and make it more popular cuzz drag racing is fun. its more fun when your neck and neck and you look over and its such a close race not when you get beat by like a couple of seconds and the race was pointless. and some thing eles they could do with this they could have drag racing tourneys that would also be fun i think.
aaaannndddd the thread died oh well..lol
Quote from Travis Rowe01 :yea like i said this isnt going to be anytime soon and the needs a good improvment on the drag racing in this simulator as we will call it and i dont plan on buying a S2 licsence but when S3 comes out im getting one cuzz S3 will be out in a couple of years.. hopefully. and than i can get my moneys worth. and a lot more features will be added by than.

ummmm....S1 costed 12 pounds.... S2 cost another 12 pounds or 24 pounds.... So S3 will cost 36 poundss... Or if you have S2 only another 12....

When u said u will get ur moneys worth...u really arn't.

U can either pay the same amount of money and get S2 now and then S3 when it comes out... Or just wait and play demo for how ever many more years then pay it all at once for S3..

In other words... S1 and S2 both go up by 12 pounds each... I am guessing S3 will be the same.

EDIT: hehe... Opps. Thanks Primoz
You just successfully made LFS very cheap. 1 pound is about 1.4 to 1.5 euros. And it's actually 12 pounds per stage. Think about that :P
i disagree on the demo part simply because i think demo players already have too much to play with..
I know there's probably a pretty good market for drag racing (probably mainly American), so I don't see why LFS shouldn't have another form of racing included. If it opens the sim up to a bigger market across the pond, then why not?

Throw in an extra couple of stretches - maybe to give a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and maybe full mile strips and it's sorted. And since they're straight and flat, the actual programming involved with the tracks would be minimal.

Of course we still need tyre shredding and the like to be added before drag racing can be properly simulated in LFS
yeah im with bibs first, we have no need now but need them whena dragster comes along
we should have a top fuel drag car and drag tires, but demo racers would not get to use it, so it really doesn't matter to you.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :what's the difference between a normal slick and dragslicks?

the extra soft compound and sidewalls basically

If you watch a top fuel dragster accelerate in slow (VERY SLOW) motion, you see that the grip is so good that the wheel itself tends to spin inside the tire (that's why some of those have their tires bolted to the wheels...) when the sidewall reaches it's stretch limits, it winds back like a twisted rubber band producing massive acceleration figures, since the traction is almost 100% and the wheel is still turning + the power of a tire untwisting (Grammar? Spelling? meeeh, just Bad English...)

at least that's what I heard...

Real Drag slicks
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG