The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Stability
I've got the same problem as you evenly developed car but 65% stability.
The GPManager forums are not the easiest to find information in.
Anyone with any knowhow to answer the question please do so.
Thanks
Tom
Are really all your parts roughly the same in all areas?

This is how mine look f.e. and I've got 100% stability:

FW: 87/87/74/86
MO: 87/87/74/86
SP: 87/87/74/87
EC: 87/87/74/87
RW: 87/87/75/87

BR: 88/88/75/87
EL: 88/87/74/87
CO: 88/87/75/87
GB: 87/87/74/87

If yours look similar (just with higher percentages, of course) you should also have 100%.

What I find strange, though, is that you are so quick, despite your poor stability, Tom (don't know how fast you are, mad).

Maybe there are some flaws in Chris' system? Who knows...

Linsen
hmm
Now have everything at 120% except weight. Which is quite even except for gearbox which I did to 120%(because I did it first and I didn't realise that I couldn't for the others). Stability now at 85% which is better, but 100% is cool. May try to get gearbox back down to a reasonable level of weight and try to even the weight out a bit more. Nothing I could do about the race today. Think if I had done 2 stopper would have been further behind.
Oh yeah you have jumped up in leader board, how come?
Tom
Quote from evyytw133 :Now have everything at 120% except weight. Which is quite even except for gearbox which I did to 120%(because I did it first and I didn't realise that I couldn't for the others). Stability now at 85% which is better, but 100% is cool. May try to get gearbox back down to a reasonable level of weight and try to even the weight out a bit more.

The Gear Box is definitely your killer. Just one part that's off compared to the others is enough to destroy your stability.

Quote from evyytw133 :Oh yeah you have jumped up in leader board, how come?
Tom

I finally bought a Merchandising Company (should have done that a lot earlier :doh, which gives a boost in wealth.
Quote from Linsen :What I find strange, though, is that you are so quick, despite your poor stability, Tom (don't know how fast you are, mad).
Linsen

Lol, maybe i must have some really good drivers to cope with that sh*t hehe

Ok I have now carefully looked at my chassis and it isn't so even as I thought it was. (see screenshot)

I' will need to bring things up to a more even level. I currently have 2 components in development which should be done withing the next 2 races. Hope that will improve the stability a bit.

mad
Attached images
chassis.jpg
When I started making components, I was very careful to do all components evenly. For many seasons, I had every component improving at 11% Department Time per race (12% for monocoque). Each component took longer to become 'good', but it meant I've ALWAYS had 100% stability.

In two more races time I should have 'perfect' components, with decent reliability, ultimate aero & cooling, and spot on 600kg weight.

I'm making my own pitstop calculator, into which I can put my pitstop times and fuel loads to work out my strategies even better (Kevs was a bit out of date, suggesting pitstop times some 10 seconds slower than I actually have). Once I ironed out a few problems I'll release it (as an Excel file) for everyone, but don't hold your breath).

After that it's down to my drivers more than anything. I need to get some newer, younger 100% all-round drivers. But with Auto-Renew there aren't many out there. Does anyone have experience with the driver training thingy (Scouts, training)... How long would it take to find a driver and make him awesome - money isn't an issue.
Young Drivers
Well, it can take ages to find a young driver with the right traits (10 races+) and once you have them going at £1m a race can still take about 15-20 races. So the only thing to do is keep checking to see if your scout has found one.
Tom
Okay, I'll set a scout up.

What are 'good stats' for a young driver. I guess 100% is asking too much, but will they all basically be utterly shit to start with?
Yeah not too good at all. all my drivers are scouted and trained up (and all 100%) does take a while, but its worth it for a garunteed good driver.
Thanks for letting me into the LFS Club tristan

(pod virtual racing)

Im playing that manager quite a while now already but didnt realy get the hang of it...
What i have atm:

5 Stars: HQ
4 Stars: CAD, Motorhome, Construction Hall
2 Stars: Engine Factory (i dont have a premium account, do you guys have one?)
1 Star: Research Facility

My income (TV Rights + Sponsors) is £7,320,000 is that any good?

And i never realy bothered about the Pit Strategy thingy, is that realy important?
Quote from Belain :My income (TV Rights + Sponsors) is £7,320,000 is that any good?

And i never realy bothered about the Pit Strategy thingy, is that realy important?

7.3m profit? Yeah that is not too shabby, you are currently getting more money than me and I have been playing GP Manager Pro for 20 seasons now.

Pit strategy is very important, each track has different fuel drop which means you need to alter your strategy accordingly.

There is a pitstop calculator posted in this thread which is quite handy at working out what is the best strategy for the next race. >>HERE<<

mad
Just paid my "donation" for the second time...dreading when the bill comes through and 'Her What Must Be Obeyed' asks: "What the fe*k is THIS for??"
Been taking home £420 per week average for the last month or so..anybody would think we was skint!

As for pit stop strategy..it IS mega important...especially if you are in a league where the other drivers don't know how to work it out!!
Example...A few seasons back, I was about 6th/7th fastest, but won every race!!!
Quote :The team Atoi Hai Moi of your league has been found accessing information belonging to another team in this league. This is not acceptable behaviour! The GPMP Governing Body have fined Atoi Hai Moi £6,000,000 and request that all teams stay vigilent of future misdemeanors.

Owned! :-)
Not be caught doing espionage yet

Right lads, here is the pitstop calculator thingy for Excel. You can change the basic pitstop time and fuel adding time using YOUR results, which then will change the results accordingly (although I don't think it'll change the ideal number of pitstops).

Best number of pitstops highlighted yellow. Equal stint pitstop laps on the right. I don't know if there is any advantage with short stints at the start, for example. I believe you can have both drivers pit on the same lap without penalty, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still too slow to win much in my division

http://www.reynard883.com/misc/gpmp_pittiming.xls
Quote from tristancliffe :Not be caught doing espionage yet

Did you try to spy on me yet? I have maximum countermeasures, and some people were fined already
Oh, and if you didn't notice, that was pretty close last season
Quote from tristancliffe :I believe you can have both drivers pit on the same lap without penalty, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

definitely possible without penalty.

thx for the sheet, i'll check it out as soon as possible.
Quote from Linsen :definitely possible without penalty.

thx for the sheet, i'll check it out as soon as possible.

I concur...have had both drivers stopping on the same lap for about 10 seasons now...no problems whatsoever
Nice one for the sheet..but how do we work out our pit stop times? I thought it would be different every race
On the second sheet (see the tabs at the bottom in Excel) you need to put into the boxes the amount of laps you fuel for [simply the difference between, say, your first and second pit laps], and the time for each pitstop.

That will update the graph, and the trendline. Copy the values in the box below the graph (on this second sheet), and they will be copied across to the first page automagially, and update each race.

I'm on maximum everything, with the best staff, so my pitstop times are lowest. You might not have that, but it also might not change anything - I haven't really thought what happens with different fuel times...
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm on maximum everything, with the best staff, so my pitstop times are lowest. You might not have that, b......

I have I'm running a 200/200/190/200 engine on a 200/200/75/125 chassis, best possible staff...max helpers...all facilities (except counter espionage..and that's at 190%) maxed out.. so I should be getting similar pit times.

PS..Reason behind the 190% weight...
Simple...190% weight on the engine = 89 kg
200% weight on the engine = 89 kg !!one!1!1!!!
Why PAY MORE for 10% that does nothing!!! ?
Since there's some action in here again: Would anybody happen to know how much of a difference in lap time the level of the tech departement would make?

Just wondering 'cause I'm too slow.
I registered for that last year, but couldn't work out what I was meant to do, when to do it, or how to do it. So I gave up.
Well I am bored and have just signed up on this GPmanager thing, all seems a little complicated at the moment. My team name is 'Team Bryant Racing'. I am running at a loss at the moment since I only just started, is that normal?

Think I got a good drive though, Andreas Wiik, no bad qualities and he only cost like 90,000. Anyway, I will see how this little thing goes and see if I get bored of it or not.

Here is a quick paintjob I did for the team, couldn't be arsed to do anything fancy.
Attached images
TBR bryant 2.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :I registered for that last year, but couldn't work out what I was meant to do, when to do it, or how to do it. So I gave up.

Once you register you have to wait. Maybe an hour, maybe a week, depending on how many people are joining at the time.

Once your in, theres your drivers market, sponsors, team, crew, car, car levels, managing parts, testing/prac/qual/race setup etc.

Newbie Guide, Rules, FAQ all at the top are good to read.
I waited. Got my confimation three days later. Read the FAQs I could find. Found it far too complicated for a quick 'manager in my lunchbreak' type of game, and promptly forgot about it. I have no plans to start using it again.

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG