The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :Perhaps in some ways a large section of them are too angled towards the GTR and fast single seaters for my personal taste.

Honestly, I think most of the new S2 tracks are pants for the GTRs, too. They suit the BF1, and in some cases the FO8, but that's really it.
#377 - col
Quote from Toddshooter :WOW can you say HOMOPHOBE three times fast?

hehe, he uses 'gay' so often... maybe his subconscious is trying to tell us something ?
You been keeping a secret thisnameistaken ?
Quote from col :hehe, he uses 'gay' so often... maybe his subconscious is trying to tell us something ?
You been keeping a secret thisnameistaken ?

Yeah. My secret is that I'm not even remotely scared of or embarrassed about homosexuality. And I quite like the repurposing of the word "gay" even if it's not particularly PC. I just think it's funny.

You seem to be rather nervous about it though. Anything you'd like to tell us, Col?
Maybe there are some things you may want to share with each other
Kev, Kyoto GP (and Rev) are an absolute blast in: XRT, LX4, LX6, RAC, FZ5, FOX, FO8, BF1, XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR. Probably RB4 too. The only cars in which it's probably not so awesome are the UF1, XFG, XRG (too slow for such a long track), MRT and FXO (which are gay by default). It is, IMO, by far, the best track in LFS. It takes some learning because it's got so many corner sequences and blind corners and turns with weird cambers. I agree with sinbad that it is somewhat ruined by how easy it is to cut certain corners and that's a shame because it has the best chicanes in LFS if you don't cut them.

But frankly, LFS racers bitch that the fast tracks in LFS aren't technical. You give them a challenging techincal track like that and no-one uses it. Westhill's another example of a fast techincal track and so is Aston North. Also, Aston Historic rev is a good challenge in a faster car (LX6, RAC, FZ5, all GTRs, FOX, FO8, BF1).
Westhill is a severely under rated track in LFS, people don't seem to "get" it, and for some reason see it as boring.

Westhill & Kyoto GP are both great tracks, along with Aston Historic (and maybe even Aston GP Rev) are probably the best tracks in LFS.
One extra vote for KYGP being the most easily forgotten good layout out there.
Westhill and KYGP, my 2 favorites with the FZR.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Measuring the gayness of certain circuits doesn't mean I have any less respect for gay people. Some of my best friends are bummers.

I said two of the rallyx circuits were OK, but the shortest FE one would be too small even for a wheelchair race.

The shortest one is one of my favorites in LFS. It`s giving races like no other track in LFS can offer.
Quote from CSU1 :Sketch an aerial pic of a new track for us then?

Normally, I'd say no, because I can't do work of satisfactory quality to show publically. But I have, in the past, sketched this for my own enjoyment, and it was never going to be seen by others.

I know it's crap, you know it's crap, but I did as you requested
Attached images
madeup_track.jpg
That might actually be really fun with good elevation changes, cambers etc. Make us a 3D model.
I like the 3-left hander section in the middle. All blind corners with armco right next to the track.
Quote from tristancliffe :Normally, I'd say no, because I can't do work of satisfactory quality to show publically. But I have, in the past, sketched this for my own enjoyment, and it was never going to be seen by others.

I know it's crap, you know it's crap, but I did as you requested

Not bad, but needs more squids and bears.
Quote from axus :MRT and FXO (which are gay by default).

I feel I must stick up for the MRT here. It's still great fun and doesn't deserve to be as unpopular as it is. While it got overused back in latter S1 days, that's no reason to be bored of it.

The massive problem is tracks though, as most aren't twisty enough for it. It's meant for autocrossing afterall, and how often do you see servers running that either? SO Town/Sprint 2, FE Club and AS Cadet are best but are still feel quite fast for the MRT. The other Fern Bay tracks (well, Gold and Black) are quite reasonable for it too.

I'm going to have to make a couple of race layouts and force people to join the server.
Quote from Bob Smith :FE Club and AS Cadet are best but are still feel quite fast for the MRT

Both of those track's straights, but mostly in AS1, really kill it for the MRT imo. I am afraid not even a custom layout could remedy that.
KYGP is IMO completely ruined by the chicane at the end (or start, for reverse) of the oval section. You *have* to cut/plow through it to be competitive, and it's just nasty.
Quote from Bob Smith :I feel I must stick up for the MRT here. It's still great fun and doesn't deserve to be as unpopular as it is. While it got overused back in latter S1 days, that's no reason to be bored of it.

+100.

I recently drove in the Unity Mini League and learned to love it again. Too bad there normally is not even one MRT server with people on it.
We have an MRT race running on Sunday evening, all are welcome
I saw that and I would love to join but I already have a XFR league on Sundays.
Quote from AndroidXP :KYGP is IMO completely ruined by the chicane at the end (or start, for reverse) of the oval section. You *have* to cut/plow through it to be competitive, and it's just nasty.

i agree. when the LOTA series raced there they put hay/tire barriers on both sides of the chicane. no more cutting.
I think I'm alone in really enjoying the GTR's on the longer FE tracks.
nah, i'll race the GTR's anywhere
Quote from AndroidXP :KYGP is IMO completely ruined by the chicane at the end (or start, for reverse) of the oval section. You *have* to cut/plow through it to be competitive, and it's just nasty.

Quote from UncleBenny :i agree. when the LOTA series raced there they put hay/tire barriers on both sides of the chicane. no more cutting.

I'll definitely have to disagree with your points. The track has nothing to do with it. It's the racers who cut and the racer's fault that the experience of the track that ruins it. Of course, the obligatory "better damage" will suffice in fixing the racers. No need to touch the track
Quote from axus :Kev, Kyoto GP (and Rev) are an absolute blast in: XRT, LX4, LX6, RAC, FZ5, FOX, FO8, BF1, XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR. Probably RB4 too.

Yeah I've driven it offline in the faster road cars and it's fun, I just don't think I've ever raced it online. And I imagine with it being so long you'd need a 32 car grid or you wouldn't be racing against anyone by lap two...
Quote from mrodgers :I'll definitely have to disagree with your points. The track has nothing to do with it. It's the racers who cut and the racer's fault that the experience of the track that ruins it. Of course, the obligatory "better damage" will suffice in fixing the racers. No need to touch the track

that's kind of what i was agreeing with, the fact that everyone cuts those corners so you feel like you have to also. i wasn't trying to suggest that the track needs to be changed, that is a great corner when people take it right.

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG