The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
Quote from amp88 :edit: Maybe I'm just being a little bit dense and missing something, but can we see the point rank for the individual 'classes' in CTRA (i.e. Race, Single Seater and Bump N Jump) at the moment?

The points rank is a calculation over all 3 licences rather than car classes. We don't have granular enough stats collection at the moment to make that possible
#27 - SamH
Quote from AndreABG :I'm just wondering where the "What the CTRA homepage says about me" link is gone, not that I found 'em easily before (the positioning made me a kind of blind for it), but now it seems to have vanished?!

It should still be there when you view your MyCTRA page (http://www.raceauthority.com/myctra), lower left. Let me know if it's definitely not there.
#28 - SamH
Quote from LordBlaster :

how about calling it "Hall of Fame" on the start-site?

I thought a while about doing that, but I decided not to add it to the front page. The Points Rank is really the only sensible way to bring all drivers together in a national and international sense, but I don't want to undermine the value of individual licences. If we bring the Points Rank to the front page, I feel that would happen. SparkyDave deserves his top seat in the CTRA table, and EhnicO has earned his top seat in the Single Seater etc. They are masters of their particular trades
Quote from LordBlaster :edit: @sam: looks like there´s a little bug: i can´t find colin brown (11th in ctra) among the international raking...

edit2: found it: Insufficient participation to rank nationally or internationally. (7/10 races)

Yep, we need to find Col and make sure he completes another 3 races. If you see him, let him know
Quote from SamH :
Yep, we need to find Col and make sure he completes another 3 races. If you see him, let him know

last night i saw him, while trying to enter ss2 (where i was
racing on), but he was kicked (think because he got no licence
for this).

too bad. but i´ve seen a team-mate of him and said him he
should call col
Put a bounty on his head and we'll track him down quick enough. You want him dead or alive though, or just slightly roughed up a bit

I should stop watching Pirates of the Caribbean
#31 - SamH
I noticed he's not been around much the last few months. Hope he's okay!
Thank you for adding my requested features! I did not know that you would do it so quickly.

Quote from Becky Rose :with TV we will change sim racing forever.

Agreed! I am going to tell all of my friends! I have seen video game shooters broadcasted on the G4 channel (http://www.g4tv.com/) before. In Japan, they broadcast StarCraft tournaments.

I would like (probably others too) the "Last Raced" date to also appear under the "International Rank:" in My CTRA.
By what basis is the "Top countries" rank calculated on? Seems all weird to me..
The stats part of the site is looking really cool WD Sam & others

Like Teemu I too don't quite understand how the numbers add up, like how the player "rank" scores are calculated, does it take into account things like number of races and poduims or wins, maybe yellow flag or completed races info too?

I understand if its a secret formula

SD.
#35 - SamH
hehe.. no, it's not a secret The points rank is as follows:

CTRA Licence + SS Licence + (BnJ Licence/3) where races >=10 and (First Name <> "" and Last Name <> "") and (Nationality <> "" or "None").

The Top Countries criteria includes all players that meet the above criteria, plus that there are 2 or more people from that country. Simple, really

At some point, I may introduce wins and podiums into the criteria, but to do that I need to come up with a formula that makes sense. The strongest criteria at the moment is simply the number of points earned across the X System.

[edit] Importantly, the number of wins/podiums/fastest laps are already built-in, in a sense, because of Becky's points allocation system.. thus wins etc are reflected in the licence points themselves
Top countries is based on the average points of the racers from each country or just the total points they've gathered?
Reason I'm asking because I can't see why they are organised as they are.

On a second note, could we get a points/race average on the racer stats?
#37 - SamH
Quote from teaz-R :Top countries is based on the average points of the racers from each country or just the total points they've gathered?

It's based on the average points earned across all those who meet the criteria. i.e. (CTRA+SS+(BnJ/3))/nRacers per country.

There's a minor problem with adding points:race ratio, since the number of races being counted is only since the X-System, while the number of points earned is since the beginning of the STCC/CTRA points system.. so a racer who's participated since the beginning will have a disproportionately high points:race ratio but see his ratio fall over time, while a new racer will get a more accurate statistic but one that will never look as good as an older racer who doesn't participate very often.

I do have a plan, which I intend to bring online within the next couple of weeks, which will offer monthly performance statistics and build into a history of the top drivers by month. This system will be able to perform a lot more detailed analysis because it will use (what I call) flat stats - i.e. all races/wins/podiums/yellows/laps/points will be inter-relatable. Long-term, once there's a 6 month history or so, those stats could take over as Top Countries stats, with more reliable numbers
@sam: why don´t you just use the winning %?

its not the same as points per race, but also a good indicator...
in my eyes. and races and win% are counted since ctra-x
#39 - SamH
Team Results are in!
It's a little bit buggy at the moment, but the TOPTEAMS results are in. There are some discrepencies in the individual team listings, where some drivers are not listed (either because of lack of participation or because they don't have first/last names) but the top teams results are unlikely to change significantly after we've ironed out the numbers properly.

The team data is sourced 4x per day from LFSWorld, so if you update your team membership information it could take up to 6hrs to be reflected in the CTRA stats. If you're showing as not being a member of a team, you need to fix that at LFSW (or get your team leader to do so).

http://www.raceauthority.com/topTeams.asp
#40 - Jakg
40. UKCT - UK Computing Team Network 9,462 : 12 9,046.000 163.250 756.750 22.077% 7.167 10.000
41. Fusion Racing 9,244 : 12 9,027.667 61.583 463.917 27.482% 27.000 25.000

Oh, the irony!
Great stuff!

May I ask you to fix some stuff about Dynamic Racing? Leprekaun is not there, and DMT is not in DR anymore.

Thanks
Quote from niall09 :Great stuff!

May I ask you to fix some stuff about Dynamic Racing? Leprekaun is not there, and DMT is not in DR anymore.

Thanks

Who's in which team is pulled from LFSW unless I'm reading Sams post wrong.

It's up to you team leader to sort it.
Quote from Bean0 :Who's in which team is pulled from LFSW unless I'm reading Sams post wrong.

It's up to you team leader to sort it.

Yes, I know that but they are all in DR in LFSW. I will ask leader to take out DMT.

But Tomylee, Kloonike (Revolt), STROBE are all Gold or better, I think they should be there?

EDIT: I did'nt read Sams post properly. They proberly dont have their names put in.
#44 - Nobo
Why is FPR|LordBlaster (lfsw: LordBlaster / Ctra: Michael Marcks) not listed for us? I guess he has more then 10 races

"Total: 7 Racers. 6 additional team members are excluded from this table due to insufficient data."
I guess he would throw us to far in front :P
Thx sam for the work!
Quote from niall09 :Yes, I know that but they are all in DR in LFSW. I will ask leader to take out DMT.

But Tomylee, Kloonike (Revolt), STROBE are all Gold or better, I think they should be there?

STROBE for a start has no name set on CTRA site, so he will be excluded from most of the listings. I didn't look at the rest.
Ahhh Sam, great work again; . You seem to amaze us more and more nowadays. Again Sam thanks for the hardwork. Looks freaking awesome
#47 - SamH
Yep. Revolt's personal details are empty and tomylee is still listed on LFSW as a member of MG.

I suspect a lot of people may find their details aren't up to date on LFSW.. get nagging those team leaders
#48 - SamH
Quote from niels1 :Ahhh Sam, great work again; . You seem to amaze us more and more nowadays. Again Sam thanks for the hardwork. Looks freaking awesome

Glad ya liking! Thanks for saying!
#49 - Nobo
If you try inner team sorting by wins or something else all drivers disappear. Is it supposed to do that?
#50 - SamH
Ooh.. an error by me.. I'll fix that.

[edit] Fixed!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG