The online racing simulator
raceauthority.com stats update
I just got home from work and I was happy to notice that the stats page in raceauthority.com has been updated. I really like the national and international ranking and overally (if that is a proper word )it's better than before! I just wanted to say thanks for that and cheer up you guys, as atleast in Finland it is very, very dark outside and it is night almost 24/7.

Keep up the good work!
#2 - SamH
Thank you! Glad to hear the updates are going down well!
Aye second that. Nice update on site. I like the country subpage.
Great work lads and girl . Well done Sam.
I've not been as CTRA active lately - had too much work on and praccing for baby_r and BOTT but the site really looks clean and striking... love the additions SAM... great job indeed!
Well impressed Sam, very professional
#6 - SamH
Thanks again chaps! It's nice to know that the changes we make are appreciated. Becky is exceedingly busy at the moment with her new work and a very active social life, so the only changes that are happening at any noticeable rate are web-side (my department).

I'm about to get very bogged down again with work, but a couple of the things on my to-do list are: the ability for drivers to write their own blogs as personal pages on the raceauthority.com website; sign up for email notifications of reports as they're processed (by them, against them or both) and; add themselves as team mates of LFS teams, so that at a later stage we'll be able to create and deliver team stats to add to the current selection of stats available on the site. No ETAs on any of the above, though, because I gotta raise some cash.. 9-5 is having to take priority for the moment
I'm in love

I am still working on things though, and in fact there is an announcement on the STCC forums over at RSC about what I have been working on.

RSC Post: STCC Future
Quote from SamH :...No ETAs on any of the above...

just bring out the team-stats ASAP and the rest will be forgiven

btw: @becky: just if you got a few minutes: how´s the chance
to count the fastest laps per class, not per server? its really
really annoying that my FL-stat suck, because i´m mostly driving GT2...
#9 - Kdovi
Quote from LordBlaster :btw: @becky: just if you got a few minutes: how´s the chance to count the fastest laps per class, not per server? its really really annoying that my FL-stat suck, because i´m mostly driving GT2...

Yes, it really really really really is...
@SamH: Again agree with LordBlaster - please make team stats first
oh, and it's not me Becky is with - marcoD
Quote from StableX :oh, and it's not me Becky is with - marcoD

For clarity: I am not dating anyone from any sim racing community or UKCT so there is no reason to speculate.
#12 - SamH
hehe.. yes, I can confirm and verify Becky's glowing like a Ready-Brek kid! We're all really happy that at least ONE of the UKCT team has found happiness, far beyond expectations. Go Becky!!
Could it be the looks Sam (having seen Sam and never Becky this is a little assumptive on my part).

I never believe anything from persons who come from a stable
I'm not so shallow that I turned down Sam for his looks, no. I've never turned him down, and he's never asked. He is one of my best online pals and yes i've met him in person and he didn't kill me so we're good friends and we'll see each other again, but I think Sam would agree that us dating isnt something that is likely to happen .
#15 - SamH
I'd agree with all of that, yep!

Becky and I are really good friends, in the best sense of the word.. but I'm a grumpy old bloke who's happiest when he has no obligations except to himself. I'd turn down a supermodel, if it meant I'd have to divide my time between what I want to do and what she wanted to do! Yes, I'm THAT selfish
ok turtle doves, please come back to business....

becky, what about the fastest lap count? is this possible?

sam, there´s no place to see the international ranking, except
your own position. i´d really like to see this, at least a top 10
or something like this.

oh i need to go, my wife is calling
#17 - SamH
Quote from LordBlaster :sam, there´s no place to see the international ranking, except
your own position. i´d really like to see this, at least a top 10
or something like this.

And as if by magic, the page appeared! It's linked from international ranking (more info) and from the stats page

[edit] FTR, some people should see their rank climb a little and some may find they've disappeared off the rankings. I went through and systematically re-enforced our established "No Name, No Fame" rule in the database queries. If anyone can't find themselves in the rankings, please ensure that you have a sensible first and last name stored in the CTRA X-System. We do routinely go through the database looking for silly names like "Sid WozEre", "Not Found", "Snort Coke" and "Wibble Wobble" and remove them with a single click, which also sends a warning by admin message and places a note on their licence. We have a regimented system that also floats previously wiped names to the top, so we can quickly see if someone is going to insist on being daft.. we've so far only imposed one points penalty for repeated abuse, though.
Quote from SamH :hehe.. yes, I can confirm and verify Becky's glowing like a Ready-Brek kid! We're all really happy that at least ONE of the UKCT team has found happiness, far beyond expectations. Go Becky!!

Hey Numb-Nuts! I found happiness for... 3 weeks, then realized it was taking away from my STCC practice

Also, I think that nick guy is lying, calling me "not slow"... :hide:
@Lord: It's a bit like this: No development on the CTRA X-System is currently being undertaken. What little spare time I have is going on the STCC for the time being. Sam is tiding things over with work on the web page but the X-System itself is currently frozen.

When broadcast #12 is out sometime before Christmas I will be in position to re-evaluate how to use my spare time, perhaps by then we might have something on paper regarding the Korean deal(s).

I know i'm not spending much time on sim racing right now, but things are not in a bad state at all considering where we were this summer. Also please remember that I am doing some stuff, it's just STCC related not CTRA.

When we know the outcome of the various deals being banded about atm then i'll know where i'm at personally in terms of how much time I can invest and when.

Without TV the STCC closes and I pootle along maintaining the CTRA with the odd bit of code, with TV we will change sim racing forever.
it's so good to hear that "news-flash" from you, becky you invested so much time to bring sim racing a step forward and if there should be a tv coverage, a new episode in sim racing will start. i'm so intented to see what you will bring to us, but in my feeling this will be a big thing. so much drivers want to have a platinum license, if the STCC will be in tv. you got so much confidence from us to do the right things, so follow your way (not only in sim racing, but more important is you personal happiness :nod

(hope my english is understandable :shrug
I'm just wondering where the "What the CTRA homepage says about me" link is gone, not that I found 'em easily before (the positioning made me a kind of blind for it), but now it seems to have vanished?!
@Becky: first thx for your post. and please don´t get me wrong,
i respect every second of your spare time and i did not want to
sound like a glutton...

its just i wanted to ask, not more not less. i know i did before,
but sometimes its more successful to be a bit doggedly

i got your point, wishing you all the best for some upcoming tv-deals
and will just shut up my mouth till then

btw: does your new relationship know about the gird-girl-photos
when you were young and needed the money?
Quote from SamH :And as if by magic, the page appeared! It's linked from international ranking (more info) and from the stats page

how about calling it "Hall of Fame" on the start-site?

btw: here is is: http://www.raceauthority.com/topintl.asp

edit: @sam: looks like there´s a little bug: i can´t find colin brown (11th in ctra) among the international raking...

edit2: found it: Insufficient participation to rank nationally or internationally. (7/10 races)
105th on the International ranking. Damn!

errr...sam....could you make it the top 105 drivers on the international page by any chance?

edit: Maybe I'm just being a little bit dense and missing something, but can we see the point rank for the individual 'classes' in CTRA (i.e. Race, Single Seater and Bump N Jump) at the moment?
Quote : btw: does your new relationship know about the gird-girl-photos
when you were young and needed the money?

I swear it was just the camera angle that made it look like I was doing that to the grid girl!

I fessed up to everything anyway, even this thread coz Sam was so sweet in it .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG