I've been wanting to create those links for quite a long time, but unfortunately the way I'm collecting the in-server information, I only have player names available to me, not actual LFS usernames. When I can, I'll re-write the page and do that
hey Sam... at the bottom of the server page you have a new graphic to show total spots used across all servers. Can that be put at the top under CURRENT ctra servers. i think it would get seen more there and look more impressive. Especially as there is nothing under that banner to stand out - just a thought.

Also, I have spoken to quite a few people and said to them that I join a CTRA server by clicking on the graphic to the left of that server. Most never realised you could do. For me this is how I always get on a ctra server. I think a text underneath saying click to join or something might be good, that brought up a little window to say you need to dload and install join2lfs.

Just a thought!

Love the new addition for class restriction info btw.
hehe! You guys are on the ball.. I didn't expect these changes would get particularly noticed! LOL!

I'm working on changing the way that the server launch works, a little. The servers page uses AJAX to refresh the content every 20 or so seconds. The problem is (not that it's a huge problem, but it's something I want to fix) that, when you click to join one of the servers it launches LFS but it leaves the page in the background constantly refreshing. This *could* cause unnecessary lag for people using this method to join the server. A static page in the background wouldn't be a problem, so that's what I'm working on right now, and it's why I haven't made the link more obvious before now.

To add value to the static page, I also want to link to some of the applications which you can install, eg: mates@track, Join2LFS etc. Once the server page links there, a lot of people with no addon will arrive here. Could anyone gimme some links to pages where people can download these apps? I can't find Join2LFS online anymore, and that one's a nice little app. Does anyone have it available, or does anyone have any strong opinions about the best of these apps to link to?
The links click to join work, but they quickly become an error message (if you have not installed join2lfs). Too quick to actually read what its all about.
nice work sam!!! i really like the gt2 and fjr spec´s

Quote :
ehe! You guys are on the ball.. I didn't expect these changes would get particularly noticed! LOL!

yeah, there are at least 5 people using all your features
Quote from SamH :
To add value to the static page, I also want to link to some of the applications which you can install, eg: mates@track, Join2LFS etc. Once the server page links there, a lot of people with no addon will arrive here. Could anyone gimme some links to pages where people can download these apps? I can't find Join2LFS online anymore, and that one's a nice little app. Does anyone have it available, or does anyone have any strong opinions about the best of these apps to link to?

Browse for Speed is a favourite of mine - http://www.browseforspeed.net/

Might also be worth mentioning that the CTRA servers can be added to the favourite servers list
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :The links click to join work, but they quickly become an error message (if you have not installed join2lfs). Too quick to actually read what its all about.

This is proving to be a problem. I'm trying to find a workaround for it. At the moment, a popup window is the best alternative, but I know that's going to be very unpopular.

I'll figure something out yet

[edit] I think I've fixed that. Please let me know if not.
Quote from Bean0 :Browse for Speed is a favourite of mine - http://www.browseforspeed.net/

Might also be worth mentioning that the CTRA servers can be added to the favourite servers list

Added BrowseForSpeed I'll write something about faving CTRA servers
Quote from StableX :hey Sam... at the bottom of the server page you have a new graphic to show total spots used across all servers. Can that be put at the top under CURRENT ctra servers. i think it would get seen more there and look more impressive. Especially as there is nothing under that banner to stand out - just a thought.

That's where I wanted to put the graphic originally. Unfortunately, the way it works it doesn't have the information about total users until it's displayed all of the servers. It counts the total drivers as it works its way down the page
Quote from SamH :

To add value to the static page, I also want to link to some of the applications which you can install, eg: mates@track, Join2LFS etc.

can you add LFSMcDonaldsDrivethru
Could definitely do with that on the way home from a night on the track, for sure
A little suggestion. With the tables of drivers (like on main page) add a column with the teamtag. Then at least we know who to recruit to get that throne of FPR.
There's no room on the front page for any more details about the drivers, sadly. It's a miracle, in fact, that they fit there at all in 3 columns. I could barely believe my luck!

I reckon if someone attracts your team's attention, you can find out who they race for (if they race for a team at all) and approach them.. but you should have to do the legwork. You can do that on the CTRA site or on LFSW.. but I wouldn't want teams to withhold their info from CTRA servers to defend against teams who want to poach drivers
uhhh Stats down or something, I am getting to see only first 6 ???
Oi! What happened to my team designation?

Checked LFSWorld and I'm not fired.

Team stats shows only 6 teams.
Is it that bloody ISP/DNS/node/whatev4r thingy?

Edit: When did those bluegreen ovals appear to show where you are. Looks cool.
Clicking on one of the 6 teams listed gives the following error

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/fromTeam.asp, line 113

Has Sam finally fallen asleep?

Let's not wake him up.
The server did go down earlier (Internets me thinks) for a rather long period of time, maybe something decided to shut down?

Looks like it's lost all team stats mostly, seeing there's no teams listed in the list. I guess we might need to wait for an update of the DB?
Wow! Sounds like a rough night for the server! I just ran a fresh update, and team stats are sorted now. Phew! LOL!
LAP RECORDS @ Patch Y
If the LFSW lap records are wiped at release of the new patch, the CTRA lap records will also be wiped.

We don't know, yet, if the LFSW records will be wiped. I am guessing that they will be, but we won't know until the new patch goes live. If the LFSW records are wiped, however, we will take that as a sign from Scawen/Victor that the physics are significantly different enough to warrant fresh records, and the CTRA lap records will also be wiped
talking about records:

Quote from LordBlaster :hey sam, may i remind you on this "records by team" stat?

Quote from SamH :Oooh! I'd forgotten about that one! Yep, I'll get that sorted in the next few days. Added to my to-do!

LOL! Hmm.. I need to figure that out, huh?

I'll get on it
how shall i say it..... hmmm... I LOVE YOU

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG