The online racing simulator
LFSPoints V2.4.0.8
(187 posts, started )
Fixed.

Please download V2.2.4.2 and confirm the bug has been rectified. Thanks!
a question from me

if in my league there are some disconnects .. the program calculates the points with the disconnects? or calculates from when the driver reconnected again
The points are calculated from the race finishing order, which is identical to the order displayed in game at the end of the race, so the same rules apply.
Uploaded V2.3 Beta, which contains several new features, such as;

- Full support for teams, with a teams championship and team management options.

- A completely new HTML format, which looks waaay better than the old one!

- Completely customisable HTML export, through the use of XSL stylesheets.

- A great many optimisations, tweaks and changes!

Thanks!
Awesome

edit : couple of things.

1) it would be nice to change the points allocated to the team championship

2) you might want to look at the HTML export, I think its a little borked, if you have more than 1 replay in the championship, then the results in the exported HTML file run concurrently.

e.g Race 1, positions 1-32, Race 2, positions 33-64 etc etc
Quote from danowat :Awesome

edit : couple of things.

1) it would be nice to change the points allocated to the team championship

Yes, I agree. An option to adjust team points makes sense, I will add it for the next major release.

Quote :
2) you might want to look at the HTML export, I think its a little borked, if you have more than 1 replay in the championship, then the results in the exported HTML file run concurrently.

e.g Race 1, positions 1-32, Race 2, positions 33-64 etc etc

Whoops! Please download V2.3.1...
Also, I miss the ubb export
Darktimes, once more I'd like to thank you for all the effort and the support you're giving to this excellent program of yours!

It was a bless for us in the GVRteam, since in about 10 days we are about to start a local league here in Greece to the OLFSL standards (in a smaller scale of course). Of course the GVRt UMC (Unofficial Mini Championship) will evolve around LFS Points, which means I will be giving you feedback taken from real time practising.

TBH, the final desicion for organizing this league was taken as soon as I discovered this... gem

Best regards!

Great tool !.... many thanks
On a second thought, is there an indirect way to manage pools with LFS Points or is it at a decent place in the TODO list?

[edit]: Just discovered that in V2.3.1 beta, when i save a drivers point-system then it cannot read it back. Actually it reads it but is displays errors first
Quote from migf1 :
[edit]: Just discovered that in V2.3.1 beta, when i save a drivers point-system then it cannot read it back. Actually it reads it but is displays errors first

OK thanks. You are right, this is completely broken. I'll try to fix it tonight. I've got half a mind to just completely ditch the save system and write a new one...

Quote from migf1 :On a second thought, is there an indirect way to manage pools with LFS Points or is it at a decent place in the TODO list?

To be honest I'm not sure what you mean by pools... Do you mean having different divisions within a championship? If so that is on the the todo list, although it won't be done aaaany time soon.
OK, I uploaded beta V2.3.0.2.

I've temporarily removed the backwards compatibility for save files, so it won't work with any saves that were last used with V2.2.3 or earlier, but any saves that worked with V2.2.4 should still load fine! Please let me know if you still have problems. This is a temporary measure which will be resolved for V2.3 Final (whenever that may be).

I also re-enabled the UBB export functionality, but it does not include any teams information.

Gotta love betas...
Thanks man
Quote from DarkTimes :
To be honest I'm not sure what you mean by pools... Do you mean having different divisions within a championship? If so that is on the the todo list, although it won't be done aaaany time soon.

Perhaps the term "heats" was a better one. "Pools" is the term OLFSL uses. The whole idea is when a league has to del with a lot of partcipants (60 for example). In such cases, we have the drivers racing in groups (pools, heats): i.e. the 30 best (in the quals) in group-1, the next 30 in group-2 (or we can have 3 groups of 20 drivers).

In OLFSL, competitors in group-1 get more points than those competing in group-2, who in turn get more points than those competing in group-3. and so on.

This way you can organize races with a much larger number of people than the number allowed by the simulator itself.

The problem is that the implementation inside LFS-Point could be quite challenging, especially if we have point overlaps among groups (for example the last 3 of group-1 to get equal or less points than the first 3 in group-2, etc).

On the other hand, groups (pools, heats) is a quite popular method in large leagues and supporting it would really give a boost to LFS Points' popularity and/or usability
OK - I think I understand what you mean. That does sound like a useful tool, and it's actually been suggested to me before, I think.

When people make suggestions like these it forces me to consider what LFSPoints is and what it is not... Is it a useful tool and a interesting hobby? Yes. Is it the be all and end all of league management? No.

While there does seem to be a good market for a sort of 'pools' application, it's not really the sort of thing I have planned, and would probably need to be made by someone with more free-time and skill than I have.
No prob Darktimes, I totally understand what you are saying!

Could you though consider the possibility of adding a merge function in the prog, so we can emualte pools indirectly?

By "merging" I mean the option to merge multiple championship files into one, which will sum up the drivers' and/or teams' points of the smaller files. This way we can emulate pools with the following procedure:

If we have 3 pools in a race, we produce 3 championship files with the 3 different point-systems (30-21 pts, 20-11 pts and 10-1 pts) and we save them as grp01.chf, grp2.chf and grp3.chf. We then load each groups' replay into the corresponding .chf file. Lastly we Merge those 3 chf files and we end up with a new chf file featuring the correct points for all drivers as they had all participated in one single race with a LOT OF people.

How does this sound?
LOL - I've put it on the todo list. I can certainly merge championship files...

If I can add this without breaking any existing parts of the program I'll try to do it.
That would be great! Thanks once more!
Is this program only for online races ?, or can I use it also for offline races against AI drivers ?
It only works for multiplayer replays, sorry.

By the way, V2.3.0.3 uploaded, which adds the South City Chicane track, as well as a couple of other small changes.

If you are using a previous version of LFSPoints and do not want to upgrade, you can manually add the Chicane track yourself, by opening the Tracks.dat file with Notepad and updating the South City line to resemble the following:

South City;Classic,Sprint 1,Sprint 2,Long,Town,Chicane

nice app: what about points for "leading a lap" and "most leading laps" and which is more important: points penalties
Great Work!

Using for LFS Beginner's Cup - perfect lazy man's application!
Quote from Fischfix :nice app: what about points for "leading a lap" and "most leading laps" and which is more important: points penalties

Points for leading a lap and most leaded laps are not possible at the moment, as parsing that kind of data from the MPR file is problematic.

If you want to add a driver penalty you can adjust a drivers points by right-clicking on their name in the championship view and selecting adjust points. It's true however that in the export and championship data it doesn't tell you if a drivers points are the result of a penalty or adjustment, so this may well be an area for improvement.
Quote from DarkTimes :Points for leading a lap and most leaded laps are not possible at the moment, as parsing that kind of data from the MPR file is problematic.

If you want to add a driver penalty you can adjust a drivers points by right-clicking on their name in the championship view and selecting adjust points. It's true however that in the export and championship data it doesn't tell you if a drivers points are the result of a penalty or adjustment, so this may well be an area for improvement.

That would be a good improvement
I would also like to see included in the export a tally of each racers points awarded for each race/round of a championship so admins/racers could see how the total points have been accumulated. It would also help with showing who placed on the podium each race/round of a championship. Just a suggestion.
I'm sure I had a good reason for not including that in the export previously, but I can't remember what it was... Leave it with me.

In the program itself you can see a breakdown of the individual points for each driver by right-clicking on a their name and selecting Show Calculation.

LFSPoints V2.4.0.8
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG