The online racing simulator
I think with the restrictions on the GTRs its almost new competition for the XFR and UFR. Still the difference in downforce is huge. Such as the GT2s on CTRA server 2.

Maybe the XFR and UFR could do with a downforce booster to compete more with them, i dont know.

If you match the FWDs with the GTRs thats 5 similar car types racing on the track... just a thought on that.
Why can`t we get a statement from the DEV`s about this?
Have they just...stoped working on the rallypack, and are not going to be bottered to release it? :/

It`s a shame, and it aswell stod in that article "We had a great time with buggies in the earlier stages of LFS development", well fine, but where did those stuff go?

They desided to just delete it and not ever talk about it again? Comeon! This could mean some tracks and cars, the rallypack, and then suddently it`s vanished? Please, can`t they just give a little statement about it? If they say "we are not planing to release nor finish the rally pack" thats ok, but at least a little statement would helped a lot
Quote from The Very End :Why can`t we get a statement from the DEV`s about this?
Have they just...stoped working on the rallypack, and are not going to be bottered to release it? :/

Quote from Victor : There's so much we can do after S2, we don't know yet Of course there's the rally pack and that should contain rally tracks

after, not before
/me sings "Things can only get better!"
The 'deductive reasoning' in this thread makes my head hurt.
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
Quote from Flotch :after, not before

AAAAAWWW!!!!!

But I want now!
And give me that ice cream!!

But lets look on the bright side, the only things that stops LFS for going S2 full is some bugs, minor implentments, and then we have it
So..well it`s not like we have to wait forever!
i've been playing with my LFS setup and after thinking about it for a while realized i had to sit A LOT closer to the screen... the result is quite amazing actually (there is a slightly more detailed writeup on my site http://www.dpcars.net/etc.htm)

Is that a sofa? Cool setup.
Quote from dpcars :i've been playing with my LFS setup and after thinking about it for a while realized i had to sit A LOT closer to the screen... the result is quite amazing actually (there is a slightly more detailed writeup on my site http://www.dpcars.net/etc.htm)

Wow!! That looks amazing!
Meh wants!
thats awesome. you will be making a car especially for it soon
Quote from dpcars :i've been playing with my LFS setup and after thinking about it for a while realized i had to sit A LOT closer to the screen... the result is quite amazing actually

:eek:

Will you... Will you marry me?
Quote from dpcars :i've been playing with my LFS setup and after thinking about it for a while realized i had to sit A LOT closer to the screen... the result is quite amazing actually

Nice setup you have there

LOL frokki
dam, it looks perfect from the drivers view. It's beautiful.
dpcars, Interesting stuff, congrats to the work you've done so far, DP1 looks like an awesome car, and I wish you all the best with its development. Sounds promising that LFS might see it in the future at some point too. Hopefully it will be more successful than RAC (raceabout) (which seems very much unloved online) but one of my favs as its the closest layout to my elise.

Some of the cool stuff in LFS that I love playing around with are the onscreen layovers, these can be accessed in replays too, I don't know if you've seen them heres a quick run down:

F = force views (see what forces are being applied, acceleration cornering)

F9 = tyre view (shows tire/tyre load, tire/tyre temps IMO)

shift-L (I think) = suspension view shows what the suspension is actually doing

These combined with F2 & F3 to speed up slow down the replay view. Have really help me understand vehicle dynamics from in a picture book way. Which has really helped my driving loads.
Wow im gonna get some wood and or old sova

That looks realy cool
Awesome setup! I think the sofa idea is a brilliant solution... Now I just need to move out so I can do it, too. ha
Quote from Mikey :dpcars, Interesting stuff, congrats to the work you've done so far, DP1 looks like an awesome car, and I wish you all the best with its development. Sounds promising that LFS might see it in the future at some point too. Hopefully it will be more successful than RAC (raceabout) (which seems very much unloved online) but one of my favs as its the closest layout to my elise.

Some of the cool stuff in LFS that I love playing around with are the onscreen layovers, these can be accessed in replays too, I don't know if you've seen them heres a quick run down:

F = force views (see what forces are being applied, acceleration cornering)

F9 = tyre view (shows tire/tyre load, tire/tyre temps IMO)

shift-L (I think) = suspension view shows what the suspension is actually doing

These combined with F2 & F3 to speed up slow down the replay view. Have really help me understand vehicle dynamics from in a picture book way. Which has really helped my driving loads.

thanks, i've played a little with the force view but not so much the others yet. definitely need to do that!
Sorry for the bump, but there is news about the DP1 (though not related to LFS). Dennis has formed a company, Palatov Motorsport LLC. Apparently there are plans for 4 car models: the DP1, a shortened version of the DP1, and an Ariel Atom-like barebones sportscar, in single-seater and twoseater version.

More news here.
cheers for the update. Shame we probably won't see these in game anytime soon
Quote from senn :cheers for the update. Shame we probably won't see these in game anytime soon

Oh come-on... do you really want that kind of massively powered (400+ hp, 900lb) all wheel drive, non-downforce car in LFS? It is too much car for most drivers to handle.

The updates to Dennis' site are cool. I can't wait to see some of the final designs. Next season up at PIR should be very interesting. I am sure I will see the cars out and about.
Quote from Hallen :Oh come-on... do you really want that kind of massively powered (400+ hp, 900lb) all wheel drive, non-downforce car in LFS? It is too much car for most drivers to handle.

Yes. But i'm the kind of person who will tweak an XFG to 500bhp (1.2bar boost) and put 225's on it (AWD of course) The extra rolling weight of the wheels kinda sucks, but thats all part of the fun
LFS really does have a kick ass physics engine, be amazing once it's finished. PS good fun to watch the AI try to drive. Much better than they were a few years ago with a bit of extra power

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG