The online racing simulator
Ah, I will kindly remove my foot from my mouth then.
This would be a nice "in between" car to the MRT and the FOX.
#28 - axus
Quote from jayhawk :This would be a nice "in between" car to the MRT and the FOX.

I think you'll find that it's in between the FOX and the FO8, or around the pace of the big GTRs on low-downforce tracks. Bare in mind that the body also creates downforce even if there are no massive wings. This is something that LFS doesn't simulate... yet.
I specially like the fact that its a lightweight 4wd, which LFS is really missing atm!
I hope it handles a bit like an RC car hehe

I downloaded all the videos from their website onto my server, maybe someone wants to check them out. (Just to avoid putting their server down by exceeding the traffic limit)

(no longer online - removed link)
I rekon thats a pretty good looking car, and it would be bags of fun to drive. Hopefully the Devs will consider it because it gives LFS a great usp, independant car makers rather than the same old manufacturers you get in every other game.
#31 - joen
I think this car would be a great additon to LFS. Driving a car like the MRT can be a lot of fun, but there's just not many tracks in LFS at the moment which really suit it well.
I imagine a car like the DP1, with the feel and sensation of a kart (being so close to the ground and all), and the speed much higher than the MRT would be great fun on short tracks as well on the medium length tracks.

Plus, I think it looks great

Finally, I think Scavier and the creator of the DP1 share a same sort of passion and they both are professionals yet working in the way they chose for themselves.

Now... can YouTube please process my uploads!
Quote from http://www.dpcars.net/ :That is until you park it next to a normal car and realize just how crazy this little machine is (each picture below is clickable for larger version). Keep in mind, too, that the prototype only has 180hp, or about twice what the 2002's got (at less than half the weight). Of course the real thing will have 375 horses. Yep, I'm taking deposits. Anyone?

Naturally the model has evolved quite a bit since then so we'll see if the next generation is an improvement or not. The initial numbers indicate about 80 lb downforce at 80 mph, or about 10% of the car's weight. Theoretically this would translate to several hundred lbs at 160 mph but that's not the immediate goal. One of the big challenges I have is to try and produce some useful downforce at typical trackday cornering speeds (50-100 mph), while maintaining a streetable ride height. I'm currently running 200 lb springs so 80 lbs total downforce should compress each spring about 1/8". With proper data acq sensors and careful filtering I should be able to measure it. I might get a set of extra soft springs just for aero testing so I can easier see the downforce (that has its pitfalls because as the car drops the downforce increases so it may lead to a higher number than I would really see with normal spring rates). The other solution is to use load cells, but that's much more expensive. Ah, fun stuff to play with.

#33 - JJ72
It even has a LFS-ish name already, come on devs.
Awesome bit of kit by the looks! Hope there's a version with right hand drive
Quote from axus :Bare in mind that the body also creates downforce even if there are no massive wings. This is something that LFS doesn't simulate... yet.

While the vehicle body does not create any lift in LFS, it's not difficult to assigna Cl figure to the body. Also we do have (simplistic) undertrays already too.
#36 - joen
Changed the videos in the first post to Google, because after 3 hours I was still waiting for YouTube to process the uploads
I've uploaded all videos I could find to my server, see post #31
I can setup an upload script for you, if you have some more nice videos
#38 - joen
Quote from ORION :I've uploaded all videos I could find to my server, see post #31
I can setup an upload script for you, if you have some more nice videos

I just have the same videos as you. I prefer those higher quality videos too, but youtube and google are convenient for people who want a quick look first I'll add your site in the first post
thx
This car would be really nice to have in LFS, thumbs up.
#41 - wark
Got my fingers crossed! (on the other hand)
This is gonna be real improvment that LFS needs for the next 1/2 year time. Come on devs (:
There are so many independent little car makers out there with a lot of interesting cars, and I personally think, this is cool to drive, but to race? On the given tracks? It's a car for the car park/Auto-X area, but there we have the mrt already.

Nother Point: Thinking about needed time to do it/benefit for LFS at the given time, I'd put that below a lot of other stuff on the to-do list and move it towards after S2.

I'm really impressed, what the guy achieved there, I just dont think, it will happen soon in LFS
Quote from Vykos69 : happen soon in LFS

I hate those damn winks...you never now what they mean...
#45 - joen
Quote from Vykos69 :There are so many independent little car makers out there with a lot of interesting cars, and I personally think, this is cool to drive, but to race? On the given tracks? It's a car for the car park/Auto-X area, but there we have the mrt already.

Nother Point: Thinking about needed time to do it/benefit for LFS at the given time, I'd put that below a lot of other stuff on the to-do list and move it towards after S2.

I'm really impressed, what the guy achieved there, I just dont think, it will happen soon in LFS

Ofcourse there's lots of other stuff to do for LFS, but I do think it could give LFS some extra boost to keep people around/get new people in. Not that I'm going anywhere when it doesn't Anyway, no one is expecting it to be in a patch next week or anything

I don't agree about it being a car solely for Auto-X though. It may be small, but it's not really comparable with the MRT performance wise.
I think a car like this could be great fun on the Fern Bay tracks, The South City tracks, especially Classic and the Sprint configs, Blackwood, Aston Cadet and Club...
I suspect it would be a car really suitable for close racing
I suppose the silly power-to-weight might offset the sensible AWD and make it fun. If so then yeah I think this would make an interesting addition. We don't have anything like it, so +1.
Quote from joen :I suspect it would be a car really suitable for close racing

you have ANY real life evidence of close racing cars with 970bhp/ton and df? Come On, get real
Quote from Vykos69 :There are so many independent little car makers out there with a lot of interesting cars, and I personally think, this is cool to drive, but to race? On the given tracks? It's a car for the car park/Auto-X area, but there we have the mrt already.

Have you looked at the specs for this thing? This is not an Auto-X car, it's a pocket-sized race car

I really hope the devs deem this little beast worthy of LFS-age.
What would it take, time wise, for Eric to render it and Scawen to digitalize it? We got the BF1 in April 2006, I am assuming that the 2005 F1 car was totally different then what we have...so can I assume 6 month of development for every new vehicle?

Thinking about the BMW, if Scavier could wrangle a deal like that, this car should be easy!
Quote from jayhawk :so can I assume 6 month of development for every new vehicle?

id guess youre way off ... should be doable in much less if you only count the time spent developing that vehicle

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG