The online racing simulator
It would tickle me crazy to see the FXO GTR get built. Not that it wouldn be a great car but the notion itself is sort of paradoxical.

When was the last time a car was in a game then became a real car? I don't beleive it's ever happened that way.
Quote from thisnameistaken :* You. I am thick.

hahaha

Alright. Those with some knowledge build it. Those of us with more of an eye for design can do the body. Those who are thick, like thisnameistaken, can fund the project. Sound like a plan?
I'll do a sponsored complain.

Actually the idea of making one of the cars from LFS would be an interesting publicity stunt if nothing else. I'm sure we* could knock up an FXO from old Vauxhall parts, maybe get the whole job done for a couple of grand.

* Sorry, "you".
wait a minute... OT

well, the sheet meal work wouldnt be too hard, and we could sneak it over a subaru impreza so that the 4wd and engine are already in place
Quote :the notion itself is sort of paradoxical.

When was the last time a car was in a game then became a real car? I don't beleive it's ever happened that way.

It'd be fun trying to get the physics right, eh?
I would like to see this car in LFS..

/mike
#107 - ev0
This project looks incredible - similar to the early stages of the Britten Motorcycle. I hope it is just as successful, and yes, I would like to see this car in LFS as well.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Given the amount of engineering know-how in these forums, and the appeal of having real cars in LFS, we* should just design and build a car.

* You. I am thick.

a while ago i vowed that if i ever have enough money to spare ill build blackwood and some of the cars
Quote from ev0 :This project looks incredible - similar to the early stages of the Britten Motorcycle. I hope it is just as successful, and yes, I would like to see this car in LFS as well.

thanks - i consider this a very high compliment. John Britten is probably my most important inspiration. sadly i never got to meet him and i often wonder what he could have achieved had he not died so young.

to answer another post - yes, i'm well aware of the LMP regulations and why they're there (mostly to try and prevent another flying mercedes). the floor is flat in the LONGITUDINAL direction, i.e. no elevation change for most of its length. this is to prevent the kinds of downforce that group C cars were getting which was about double what current LMP guys manage. the diffuser is now mandated to start a bit earlier than before, again to make cars less sensitive to pitch changes and crosswinds. since i'm not bound by any rules i'm getting most of the downforce from the shaped underfloor and the 'wings' are trim devices. the airflow over and under them is tricky but it's not nearly as bad as one would think and the proximity to the ground increases efficiency considerably. we'll just have to wait and see how well it all works

btw i just finished putting together an info site for the car that some here might find interesting - http://www.dpcars.net/dp1

and no, the car will never be road 'legal', although in some states it could be driven on the street on a limited basis. the only reason i could see to do that would be to get to and from the track if you live close enough to one (PIR is 15 minutes away for me). driving cars like this on the street is generally frustrating, tiresome and dangerous. even my megabusa i could only take for half hour at a time (although the guy who bought it drives it all over the place, so it takes all kinds - i'm just sharing my own perspective).

dennis
Quote from ORION :anyone who has built the dp1 in lfstweak, yet?

I had a go at this a couple of months ago on Patch Q and it is pretty rediculous! I got the weight and power/torque right, and set it to use slicks.

This thing is going to be nuts. I am really excited to see what 0-60mph times this thing will be able to put down. I'm sure Dennis won't want to beat on it too hard, but at the same time, I bet he'll be itching to set some sub-3 second 60 times to help get a bit more positive publicity.

The separate dp1 website looks very nice
First in-car video on a kart track

Track looks pretty cool as well- I'm sure licencing costs wouldn't be too high Maybe devs could consider a twin release- car and track?
I would not like to have this car in LFS....I´d LOVE to have it in LFS!
DP- Thanks for all the volunteered cooperation in advance!

A couple of questions/comments:

1) In our humble sim LFS, all the present vehicles are very very tuneable from the set-up standpoint. Everything, Gearing, Suspension, Diffs, Wing Angles (not app), Steering Ratios and more are adjustable. My Question is will the Production DP1 have a suspension setup that allows modification on a track-to-track basis? If yes or no, Would you want the sim to model the actual available adjustments or the full gammut of tweaks?

2) If you would like a chance to try LFS, I would suggest if someone here has a nice FFB setup somewhere close to you up near Portland could let you try it. I say this because so much of how the physics are modeled in LFS are only appreciated through force-feedback. If you've never run any sims, LFS cannot really be appreciated/understood without knowing how the output of the wheel is calculated in realtime off of the simulated forces acting on car. Basically, LFS really approches this differently than how most other Sims/Games do.

Anyway, Great to have you hear, keep up the great work!

BTW: We all look forwards to seeing updates of the DP1 and the bikini in the upcoming track season!
Quote from joen :While they´re at it they could make it a triple release with a kart as well

It is a kart isnt it? just will have a small V8 in it, It would be good to see a video of it on a better track I'd like to see it get further than 2nd? gear and tackle some straights.
Quote from ShannonN :It is a kart isnt it? just will have a small V8 in it, It would be good to see a video of it on a better track I'd like to see it get further than 2nd? gear and tackle some straights.

No, I would definitely not call this a kart . It's a small but very powerful racecar.
I hope someday LFS will have karts though. Sure, the MRT comes close and is fun, but I'd like true karts on dedicated kart tracks.

did you watch these?
Onboard lap with the DP1
View from the helmetcam

@tiagolapa: yes, I know. But I´m quite positive we will get that eventually
Kart simulation needs body flex because no suspensions
You guys should check this baby out : http://www.zcars.org.uk/ultima/index.htm

Twin Engined Hayabusa
Ultima sports with half a tank of fuel fully trimmed for road use with all other fluids ready to drive