The online racing simulator
No no no
Add 3 different trucks and it will be a own class for itself in LFS
I at least would enjoy it a lot if there were trucks implented in LFS.
#52 - neRu
What I find hilarious about trucks in LFS, well, just imagine the T1 mayhem.
But they would be significant slower so people should have more reaction time
But aswell would they be hard to handle, due to very long brake distance, and that it would handle like a pig :P

But damn it would be fun.
Yea, in a league race. it Would be ****ing awesome.. And with the Trucks alone, i think the game would sell it's self to MANY MANY people across the globe over and over. I really think if they add Trucks it will just OPEN up the profits for LFS imensely. Road - Trucks , like Pickup (dodge rams) and stuff like that, is a step backwards, you are only going to attract the wrong kind of people that way.
Quote from The Very End :would they be hard to handle, due to very long brake distance, and that it would handle like a pig :P

Sounds like an 1970s American or Aussie V8. Bring it on!
LFS would do such a car really well.
Glad to see enthusiasm for trucks.
I know we proberly will never have any real cars and proberly want have the one I am going to say, but I think they should put the FD3S RX-7 in the game.
I`d love to have some sort of trucks also by S3, just something a bit different from the everyday sort of drive we have just now.

Maybe a few completely different type of cars like a stupidly powerful, no downforce mid/late 60`s F1, a Topfuel drag car, things like that. If motorbikes had to come into it, then perhaps even an old favourite - sidecar racing.... no reason by S3 that we shouldn`t be able to shift weight from a key combo by then.
Quote from unseen :I`d love to have some sort of trucks also by S3, just something a bit different from the everyday sort of drive we have just now.

Maybe a few completely different type of cars like a stupidly powerful, no downforce mid/late 60`s F1, a Topfuel drag car, things like that. If motorbikes had to come into it, then perhaps even an old favourite - sidecar racing.... no reason by S3 that we shouldn`t be able to shift weight from a key combo by then.

That shift weight thingy sounds very interesting indeed, it could test LFs physics engine pretty hard
Why would it test the engine? Just a dynamic, but user controllable, CoG position, along with a suitable animation of the chappie moving.
Quote from Bob Smith :Glad to see enthusiasm for trucks.

Yeah, get on working with that Bob-tweak thing already!
Quote from sam93 :I know we proberly will never have any real cars and proberly want have the one I am going to say, but I think they should put the FD3S RX-7 in the game.

That is just a random car, it doesn't hold any generic purpose.. We already have the Starion(xrt) which is like the older Rx-7's anyway. No need at all. I wish people would think realistically about the input to LFS, you have to think what EVERYONE feels, not just your favourite car when it doesn't hold a generic value that hasn't already been implemented in the game.
Quote from Bob Smith :Glad to see enthusiasm for trucks.

Well, if you'd of said
Barry Sheene ftw
Quote from BlueFlame :That is just a random car, it doesn't hold any generic purpose.. We already have the Starion(xrt) which is like the older Rx-7's anyway. No need at all. I wish people would think realistically about the input to LFS, you have to think what EVERYONE feels, not just your favourite car when it doesn't hold a generic value that hasn't already been implemented in the game.

Well said, completely agree with on that one
Quote from BlueFlame :That is just a random car, it doesn't hold any generic purpose.. We already have the Starion(xrt) which is like the older Rx-7's anyway. No need at all. I wish people would think realistically about the input to LFS, you have to think what EVERYONE feels, not just your favourite car when it doesn't hold a generic value that hasn't already been implemented in the game.

Well, if you'd of said
Barry Sheene ftw

I know it just isn't because it is my favourite car because it isn't my favourite car is the Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept. The FD3S RX-7 is more improved then the old RX-7. Saying that we have the XRT and we don't need the FD3S is like saying why do other racing games have the old RX-7 and the New RX-7.

Sam.
More punctuation please...

When I was 6 I had a 'favourite car' too.

They have both versions because they have a licence to use Mazda cars, and therefore get as many in as possible so that they can proclaim "we have 50,000,000 cars, none of which have cockpits, most of which sound and handle the same, and you'll just go for the 'best' one anyway".
I want some of these (see picture) in S3.
They come in gasoline, diesel, bhutane and electric versions

Quote from alland44 :I want some of these (see picture) in S3.
They come in gasoline, diesel, bhutane and electric versions

Lol, now that would be fun
How fast is the thing? 20 km/h lol?
Quote from tristancliffe :More punctuation please...

When I was 6 I had a 'favourite car' too.

They have both versions because they have a licence to use Mazda cars, and therefore get as many in as possible so that they can proclaim "we have 50,000,000 cars, none of which have cockpits, most of which sound and handle the same, and you'll just go for the 'best' one anyway".

Yes I know they have a license to use mazda cars, I was just using it as an example. Maybe not put the actual RX-7 in, just put in a newer version of the XRT what has more curves, lot more updated, basically when mazda remodeled the old RX-7 to the look of the latest RX-7 what I know isn't made no more as there is the RX-8
Quote from sam93 :Yes I know they have a license to use mazda cars, I was just using it as an example. Maybe not put the actual RX-7 in, just put in a newer version of the XRT what has more curves, lot more updated, basically when mazda remodeled the old RX-7 to the look of the latest RX-7 what I know isn't made no more as there is the RX-8

But what is the point? New car models are made to replace the old one, new XRT would replace the old but for what? There is no reason and nothing wrong with the current model.

Instead of some curverioys updates, I would have something exciting.
Quote from Blackout :But what is the point? New car models are made to replace the old one, new XRT would replace the old but for what? There is no reason and nothing wrong with the current model.

Instead of some curverioys updates, I would have something exciting.

More improved handling, power, aerodynamics etc...

Not just remodel it and just do nothing to how to car performs, just update the car all way round including the engine.
Quote from sam93 :More improved handling, power, aerodynamics etc...

Not just remodel it and just do nothing to how to car performs, just update the car all way round including the engine.

For that we have the XRR
It has slighly more power, more grip, is more earodynamic, better handling, overall an improved version of the smaler one.

But the sharm with the XRT is that it`s hard to master, try driving fast without sliding all over the place, it`s a pain in the ass some times
Anyway, we have a powerfull and good handling one, and a less powerfull and hard to handle one, do we need more of it?
Quote from The Very End :For that we have the XRR
It has slighly more power, more grip, is more earodynamic, better handling, overall an improved version of the smaler one.

But the sharm with the XRT is that it`s hard to master, try driving fast without sliding all over the place, it`s a pain in the ass some times
Anyway, we have a powerfull and good handling one, and a less powerfull and hard to handle one, do we need more of it?

Yes but the XRR is a GTR car not a normal road car, just think what do car manfactures say when they want to release a new version of the car they have already made and have been being sold for a number of years, they must say do they need a new one, as we have already have made one so what is the point in making another one, they say yes, you can see this with the impreza, subaru have been bringing newer versions out for years and years and they get better all the time.
Quote from sam93 :Yes but the XRR is a GTR car not a normal road car, just think what do car manfactures say when they want to release a new version of the car they have already made and have been being sold for a number of years, they must say do they need a new one, as we have already have made one so what is the point in making another one, they say yes, you can see this with the impreza, subaru have been bringing newer versions out for years and years and they get better all the time.

Thats mostly because of the profit they get of throwing out a new car on the marked But I`ll agree with you that they have improved from earlier versions.

But in the end it`s up to the DEV`s to deside if they are going to release a new car of that type in the game
Quote from sam93 : subaru have been bringing newer versions out for years and years and they get better all the time.

Except the ones made since ~2000, which aren't very good, aren't very quick, understeer like anything, and are hatefully ugly. But I get your point.

But how would slightly more power, slightly more weight, slightly worse (generally) handling and slightly more curves be a useful thing for Eric to spend time on? Could you even tell the difference (other than looks) if he did?
Quote from The Very End :Thats mostly because of the profit they get of throwing out a new car on the marked But I`ll agree with you that they have improved from earlier versions.

But in the end it`s up to the DEV`s to deside if they are going to release a new car of that type in the game

Of course it's up to the dev's, but we will never know until S3 of what the devs have done, but I have a feeling that it is going to be brilliant, there will proberly be some new cars and tracks in it anyway

[What new vehicles will there be in] Lfs S3 [?]
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG