The online racing simulator
Quote from NitroNitrous :You can check the LFS Patchs log and you will see that a new patch NEVER has been released in only 2.5 months, so the development is as usual

Actually patch X took a little bit less than that (69 days IIRC)
#27 - Gizz
Quote from PioneerLv :I am a bit scared about LFS progress.
About 2,5 months without no new updates and features. LFS devolpment can't be stopped!

I really don't want to say thet but: Live For Speed is dying a slow death?

got to be the best post of the month... just grate
I just asked some people what's going on now. Please, do not gibe on me. I am just wondering about, are LFS devs working on something now! And that's all. Anyway, thank's for the explains.
Quote from PioneerLv :Actually i am scared about: Are devolupmers working on LFS right now?
Not about new cars and tracks!

If they aren't active on the forums, that is usually a good sign
Forum-browsing devs: Not doing much on new feature, more like bugfixing
Silent devs: Busy with work, no time to browse on the forums
Wow that's nice! Damn, now i'll be quiet.
Ok, now all is clear, thank you.
I'm sure they wouldn't be working 24 hours a day, plus how long does it take to post a little new or little update on who is working on what? Like seriously. I hope they are really busy but I'd just love to see a small progress update, then get back to work, simple
Every time people ask for "small updates" the developers push back the release date by three months
Quote from Maelstrom :Actually patch X took a little bit less than that (69 days IIRC)

There is always an exception
Quote from PioneerLv :LFS devolpment can't be stopped!

LFS development isn't stopped - end of the discussion.
This is beginning to sound like the nKP forum. Let's not go there. Nasty.
somebody on one of these threads said something about how the development progresses, patches will be fewer in number and how they will mostly be released to fix minor bugs and issues or adding content that won't really be ground breaking in the way of new cars or tracks, but like apps that can benefit what we already have. like adding languages or I dunno - HUD changes. If that's true, then I really wouldn't be holding my breath for a new patch when the changes won't be all that noticeable. LOL so some of you can stop whining about a simple patch and move up to whining about the really big stuff like an S-3 release date.

Off topic - sort of.
I posted something similar to this a year ago, but people seemed to misunderstand and thought I was a patch whiner too. I think whoever is in charge of the LFS.net web page should update THAT at least once a month. Put things in it like birth dates wedding/birth/death announcements or new licensed member announcements - something like that. Maybe something like a monthly contest? something that shows the page viewer that we are an alive and thriving community.
Damn i forgot Lfsnews.net, thank you!
---------------------
Karts, Buggy's?
S3 - Final?
W - Not final S2 patch?

There is some people who are playing just to see what will be further etc. I only gues! That's not me!
LFS is not dead!
Yesss!
RIP Live For Speed, long live rFactor!!
Actually long live LFS, RIP rFactor (because rFactor 2 will come out, and make everything done so far in rFactor obsolete [and if it IS backward compatible with mods, I'd wager huge bugs in the conversion]). At least with LFS it's still LFS1, and there won't be any cars suddenly broken
Quote from UncleBenny :they have the link to http://www.lfsnews.net/ right there on the top.

Yeah, that's good but all it is is a link and it's little (point size) at that. No, I meant something that was current on THAT page. Like a ticker maybe? or a bigger link notice?

All I know is there are lots of web pages by developers promoting video games that have actually been abandoned projects. A certain race game comes to mind. And if you have a page where the
only visible signs of activity is a date that is months behind the current date, then it could be mistaken as being one of those abandoned projects
i agree the link should be bigger and more attractive to click on. it actually to me a second to find it, and i was specifically looking for it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Actually long live LFS, RIP rFactor (because rFactor 2 will come out, and make everything done so far in rFactor obsolete [and if it IS backward compatible with mods, I'd wager huge bugs in the conversion]). At least with LFS it's still LFS1, and there won't be any cars suddenly broken

amazing logic
Quote from Racer Y : I think whoever is in charge of the LFS.net web page should update THAT at least once a month. Put things in it like birth dates wedding/birth/death announcements or new licensed member announcements - something like that. Maybe something like a monthly contest? something that shows the page viewer that we are an alive and thriving community.

There you go again, confounding the reader with logical and
non-aggressive suggestions.
#47 - axus
RacerY, right now, LFS speads by word of mouth so it's not really necessary. And anyone can scroll down and note how frequent news updates have been and decide whether there's cause for worry. There's no need for LFS.net to be updated unless there is... news.

Quote from frankwer :amazing logic

Yes, Tristan's logic is spot on. rFactor will die. Give it two years tops. LFS constantly has more racers online than rFactor and rFactor is "finsihed" where LFS as is only half way through its development.
Quote from tristancliffe :Actually long live LFS, RIP rFactor (because rFactor 2 will come out, and make everything done so far in rFactor obsolete [and if it IS backward compatible with mods, I'd wager huge bugs in the conversion]). At least with LFS it's still LFS1, and there won't be any cars suddenly broken

And this means what exactly? Since when have games been backwards compatible? LFS isn't, rf probably isn't and... netkar was't. Being not backwards compatible can only do good for rf2. With better understanding of the tires the mods can only get better.

Quote from axus :Yes, Tristan's logic is spot on. rFactor will die. Give it two years tops. LFS constantly has more racers online than rFactor and rFactor is "finsihed" where LFS as is only half way through its development.

The only difference between LFS and rf versions is the price between the steps. S3 prices haven't actually been published yet and rf2 will be probably the same as rf did. And rf2 will replace rf just like LFS S3 will replace S2.

Rf2 will be similar like rf was, S3 will be similar like S2 was, Nascar03 was similar like 02 was. The version number is a moot point anyway. You want the best sim and you will pay the price anyway

It is really wait and see, with LFS, with rf2, with nkpro, with iracing, with kartsim. With the current state of racing sims and their physics: backwards compatibility can only make things worse!

Bring on teh revoluzione, kick teh sh1t out

EDIT: not saying any sim is sh1t. Sh1t is not even a word
#49 - axus
Well, I'm hoping that LFS at least has the tyre physics nailed down properly after the next patch (though they're better than anything else around, sim physics should be stacked up against real life). After that, my biggest itch with LFS is the amount of stuff on the HUD. I'm really craving for a hardcore mode. Proper forced in-car view (ie. so you can use a custom camera that's within the cockpit), no speedos in racing cars, no F9/F10, F11 done by adjustments on the dash, only F12 done as it is now. No shift+L either while I'm at it. No car reset (standard in hardcore mode). No minimap or HUD "YELLOW FLAG" texts but track marshals and functional pit exit lights. No positions list, a pitboard instead. And you have to drive to the pits to actually pit. If you spectate, you can't rejoin for 1 minute so it's as if a tow car went out or something like that. This, combined with some improved physics would be amazing. (Obviously not in the next patch)
Even though most of you know this already, I'm going to repeat what Scaven said/wrote.
AI is being worked on not entirely for the sake of AI but for the Alpha status of LFS.
In order to remove the Alpha tag, AI, amongst some other things, have to be finished to a certain point.

Once AI is out of the way, we are golden as then the team can work towards finalising S2 in terms of tyres, physics, graphics, etc.

But AI needs to be done, regardless of the fact that many of us don't have a need for it.

As this is a paying game/sim, certain rules and general guidelines apply.
Finishing AI will allow LFS to more forward without looking like a half assed project (which it certainly isn't to most of us even now).

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG