The online racing simulator
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :oh so you do hardcore racing evrytime you get on LFS

Indeed. Cruising is for girls, and if I want to relax, i´ll do it without LFS

Quote from PLAYAPIMP :some ppl use helmets like jakg i think.

lmao
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :well i guess you should play NFS then

What is wrong with NFS? LFS and NFS may be similar in name and when some noobs hear LFS they think NFS, yes but those are two very different games, one is sim and other is arcade, total arcade.

People keep comparing lfs to nfs on this forum :doh:
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :What is wrong with NFS? LFS and NFS may be similar in name and when some noobs hear LFS they think NFS, yes but those are two very different games, one is sim and other is arcade, total arcade.

People keep comparing lfs to nfs on this forum :doh:

It wasn´t comparing, you missed his point..
#29 - XVII
A "football" match in racing sound a bit more fun

Perhaps there should be more of those servers around

I'm just saying it would be fun for more rough race matches to be around...

Sheesh, more uptight about honor than winning it seems

Quote from delusion_xhpb :Banned from [DSR] Server. Just because I hate trolls.

Sheesh, I wasn't trolling. I was making a valid point worth considering. Get that through your thick skull.
Quote from Hankstar :
Bullshit. First rule of racing: if you're coming from behind it's YOUR responsibility to avoid contact with the car in front.

that statement is far from the truth. I could easily twist that my own way and if someone wishes to pass me on the last lap for the lead I can turn in on them and get THEM excluded.

It is BOTH drivers responsibility.... I am a very positive overtaker, and nothing winds me UP MORE than a unobservant driver who turns in and blames me..... I frequently check my mirrors and very rarely turn in on people.... even if they are diving in from miles away... THAT IS RACING! I always have a decent attempt at making the corner so I am DEFINITELY not t-BONING ANYONE!

I recently got CTRA having a go at me because PEOPLE WERE TURNING IN ME even when i had plentiful overlap.... and as someone who has worked with some of the best young drivers in the world, and raced peeps like Ben Hanley, Lewis Hamilton etc... I find it f'in annoying when people have a go at MY RACE CRAFT!
Quote from XVII :A "football" match in racing sound a bit more fun

Sheesh, I wasn't trolling. I was making a valid point worth considering. Get that through your thick skull.

But your point ISN'T valid. LFS is an online racing sim, with a community that want to race in a manner as close to the real thing as possible. This does not include using other cars as barriers if you want to make a pass. If you want to do this, do so in one of the plethora of other racers (PGR on xbox live being a good example of an online crashfest).

What you don't understand is that people in LFS (on the whole) try to race cleanly and fairly, and it is from this that they take their enjoyment from the game. Deliberate crashing and shoving in LFS is as detrimental to others' gaming experience as coming across someone using an aimbot or wallhack in a FPS.

Have some consideration for fellow gamers and play fair.
What I hate most of all is this stupid rule about how if you crash you need to get off the track (Shift + S) immediately so that other people don't have to avoid you...

...WHAT?!?!! For a racing sim where people complain about the physics problem involving the right-rear plookie bar that stabilizes the neutronium differential providing the torque split, i find it amazing that they all insist that a crashed car disappear from the track as quickly as possible. How the hell is that realistic?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :What I hate most of all is this stupid rule about how if you crash you need to get off the track (Shift + S) immediately so that other people don't have to avoid you...

...WHAT?!?!! For a racing sim where people complain about the physics problem involving the right-rear plookie bar that stabilizes the neutronium differential providing the torque split, i find it amazing that they all insist that a crashed car disappear from the track as quickly as possible. How the hell is that realistic?

Just because LFS is a sim, doesn't mean we can't have the things the way we'd like them to be. Okay, it may not be realistic, but if this was physically possible in real life racing then you can bet that it would be implemented post haste. There have been countless deaths in racing from collisions with stationary vehicles. Why not remove this factor in a sim when we have the opportunity to do so?

Personally I Shift-S when I feel my car is in a position where it could cause chaos later on. If its out of the way I tend to leave it for a bit to add drama to the race...
I haven't read all replys yet, but I disagree.

I don't mind bumbs and nudges, BUT if you spin/drive off track/gain or lose positionS because of it, THEN it bothers me. Or in a corner, some1 brakes late and sideswipes every1 on that corner. If you want to just drive, then sell your license, find a 'Outrun' slot machine and put your quarters in it.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :What I hate most of all is this stupid rule about how if you crash you need to get off the track (Shift + S) immediately so that other people don't have to avoid you...

I know hell will break loose and FM will come down hunting me when I say this, but that seems only be the rule on silly oval servers. Try any circuit server and there is no such rules. I personally hate it too.
#36 - Jakg
Quote from Intrepid :I recently got CTRA having a go at me because PEOPLE WERE TURNING IN ME even when i had plentiful overlap.... and as someone who has worked with some of the best young drivers in the world, and raced peeps like Ben Hanley, Lewis Hamilton etc... I find it f'in annoying when people have a go at MY RACE CRAFT!

i'd like to point out that i was on the server at the time and that's a very misleading statement in relation to your driving - without polluting this thread, the best racers in the world obviously never rubbed off on you...

That is only enforced on the FM server, i'd like to add, and i'd like to think most serious LFS'ers saw this rule as utterly stupid (although with the amount of n00bs who frequent that server ic an understand why it's enforced!)
I would prefer to post this on the CTRA forum (but my account has yet to be activated) but my moves were perfectly legitimate. I can't responsibility of the unobservant drivers who failed to see the CAR flooding their rear view mirror CLEARLY move to the inside.

lol... well some of the drivers I have helped will be going to the AUtoSport show to pick up their national seedings..... i am not sure if you really know what your talking about mate... inc one driver in the past who collected the biggest prize of them all... but hey what do I KNOW!?!?!?!?!?
#38 - Jakg
Your account is already activated on the forum.
#39 - SamH
Intrepid, all CTRA reports are available for public scrutiny. Transparency is one of the things we set about ensuring, with the X-System. If you want to talk publicly about your CTRA report, you should also publish the report ID# so that everyone can download the replay for themselves, and either agree with you or disagree.

[edit] Yes, I edited your UKCT forum account name because you'd entered it as "intrpeid" and I activated the account while fixing that. However sending an email to do0f@ukct.net is the normal way to appeal a warning.
i have yet to receive an activation code, and it doesn't appear to have activated my account.
#41 - JTbo
OP seemed to have some NFS (teenage?) mentality, I certainly hope that will never live here, there is already enough ****s to deal on roads at IRL

One thing I would like to be changed is that you would not need to shift+S after crash, others should be able to cope with situation, that is part of racing and if you are going to simulate real behaviour you don't indeed see cars to disappear. You fail as driver if you crash to car that has crashed and you did have opportunity stop or avoid.
#42 - Jakg
You won't get an activation code, but i can assure you your account is activated - can you log in?
Quote from JTbo :One thing I would like to be changed is that you would not need to shift+S after crash, others should be able to cope with situation, that is part of racing and if you are going to simulate real behaviour you don't indeed see cars to disappear. You fail as driver if you crash to car that has crashed and you did have opportunity stop or avoid.

I agree, but on the other hand there are things like no overtaking and fines for crashes under yellow flag, pace car etc. IRL
Quote from XVII :...If someone sideswipes you and they get ahead of you...you should have seen them coming and gotten ready...

Has to be one of the dumbest opinions I've ever seen posted.
Someone hits you, its your fault for not getting out of their way.
Come on seriously, is that really your view of justice?
Edit: Post removed.
Quote from XVII :A "football" match in racing sound a bit more fun

jesus after all those replys and you still dont get the piont. this is a racing SIM not an arcade game. plus you are racing real people who want to win and if your driving around knocking there cars out of the race people are going to get pissed. its like if you playing an online shooter game and someone on ur team kills you. it pisses you off. well lfs is the same way even though ur not the same team as you you dont want to go around bumpin people and stuff. and even though it looks like a little bump to you but over online it could send there car to mars and then there out of the race for good and its really frustrating. just dont fu***** hit people. its as simple as that.
#47 - JTbo
Quote from Kdovi :I agree, but on the other hand there are things like no overtaking and fines for crashes under yellow flag, pace car etc. IRL

I certainly would like to see these implemented to LFS too, as we can't make financial punishment, perhaps adding few seconds to race time shall do it?

Pace car is something I'm pretty sure will happen some day, as Scawen works with AI, I would believe he does it so that pace cars are possible in future.
Quote from XVII :Sheesh, I wasn't trolling. I was making a valid point worth considering. Get that through your thick skull.

Your point is not valid nor is it worth considering. Furthermore, you've got a bad attitude and seem to, in fact, be the one with the thick skull.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Little Flagy, says so muchy

or is that a racist comment ? not ment to be before anyone jumps down my throat

Don't start, even with your disclaimer.
Quote from JTbo :I certainly would like to see these implemented to LFS too, as we can't make financial punishment, perhaps adding few seconds to race time shall do it?

I'd really like to see it too, cause when I see a pile up in front (CTRA 1 @SO1 chicane for example) I ease off (gently) to avoid hitting crashed cars and what I get?....I get crashed....WTF is a yellow flag is for?? TBH that pisses me of more than noob-flatout2-styled racers...

Quote from JTbo :Pace car is something I'm pretty sure will happen some day, as Scawen works with AI, I would believe he does it so that pace cars are possible in future.

I think its gonna be quite easy to implement after Y patch, I don't think that AI will be able to crash on 80-100km/h anyway
This thread is closed

Who the crap cares about honor in a racing GAME, JUST DRIVE!
(121 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG