The online racing simulator
Without etiquette/unwritten rules/code of conduct/sportsmanship/honor, LFS would descend into anarchy. You have to draw a line somewhere, a nudge here, a nerf there, a shunt here, a smash there- it would get silly. Fair play is what keeps LFS interesting, without that it would be crap.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Don't start, even with your disclaimer.

Edit: Yeah, i've had i time to think about it and you're right DWB. I was overstepping the line. It was a jokey throwaway line but i can see how easily it could be misconstrued and to be honest i'm old enough to know better, so i'll remove it. And thanks for not resorting to biting back when i most probably deserved it, cheers dude, your a true gent
Quote from al heeley :Has to be one of the dumbest opinions I've ever seen posted.
Someone hits you, its your fault for not getting out of their way.
Come on seriously, is that really your view of justice?

it dpeends on how you look at it.

here is an example -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMBPxW3y6s

in the first one the driver does not observe someone is attempting an overtake. In the next example the same drivers pulls the same move on me and I accept that it is now my responsibility to OBSERVE what is happening, re adjust my line, and counter him on the exit.

I recognise that sometimes people will try to overtake you and you have to be ready for it, and not turn in on someone and them have a go at them for just doing what every F1 World CHampion, BTC Champion, MotoGP champion etc.... has done for decades! OVERTAKE!
#54 - XVII
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Your point is not valid nor is it worth considering. Furthermore, you've got a bad attitude and seem to, in fact, be the one with the thick skull.

Some people just seem to take things way too seriously...IT IS JUST A GAME! GET OVER IT!

Do whatever it takes to get first place, WHATEVER THE COST! Did you forget that, or were you too concerned over your pet courtesies of other drivers who wish to take first away from you?
It's just a game, so there's no need to do whatever you can. There's no price for 1st place, unless you count getting the hate of the community on you for driving like a knob. Even if you did come first.
it depends on how you interpret what he is saying.

In my view there isn''t any point racing, unless your are going to RACE. It's not about where you finish, but it's about racing.... that's the FUN part!

He isn't saying fire people off... but he is acknowledging that vast percentage of people who race on LFS don't race.... they drive around lardy de dah... and seem to complain continually when the encounter someone who wants to race to the limits of what is possible.
Quote from SamH :Intrepid, all CTRA reports are available for public scrutiny. Transparency is one of the things we set about ensuring, with the X-System. If you want to talk publicly about your CTRA report, you should also publish the report ID# so that everyone can download the replay for themselves, and either agree with you or disagree.

interestingly enough hes chosen not to publish the id
Quote from XVII :Some people just seem to take things way too seriously...IT IS JUST A GAME! GET OVER IT!

Do whatever it takes to get first place, WHATEVER THE COST! Did you forget that, or were you too concerned over your pet courtesies of other drivers who wish to take first away from you?

Sorry to say but apparently, you don't get the point of this "game".

Which certainly is not to win by wrecking all other drivers.
Quote from Shotglass :interestingly enough hes chosen not to publish the id

because the response would be rather predictable. You probably already have a template ready to go. I would rather now keep my issues private with the admin of CTRA.
Quote from XVII :
IT IS JUST A GAME! GET OVER IT!

You believe games don't have rules. Get over it, games have rules.
Quote from Intrepid :because the response would be rather predictable. You probably already have a template ready to go. I would rather now keep my issues private with the admin of CTRA.

Pass it on to MP3Astra so he can put it into his little "The Blame Game" movie thingy. That way you'll remain relatively anonymous. So we can then all judge the incident in question without any preconceived ideas or opinions.
Quote from Intrepid :
here is an example -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMBPxW3y6s

in the first one the driver does not observe someone is attempting an overtake.

And I was expecting to see some noob crashing into you, but all I got was you totally overshooting the braking, entering the corner at a speed and line at which it could not be driven through, practically stopping at the apex and then get turned around by the other car.

You spoke earlier about having overlap on the car ahead..
Sure it's easy to achieve that if you do what you did and just barge in. But please note the fact that you should have the overlap at the turn-in point while still being able to brake and turn in to the corner and leave room for the car on your outside if you were to enter the corner side by side.
Quote from XVII :...

I'm sure I'll get flamed and disagreed to wazoo...I don't really care. Just something for you guys to think about.

Usually when you know your gonna get flamed, it means you know your wrong, so why bother to post?

Anyways, i'm not scared of some bumping, it makes the races really exciting. But to sideswipe for the lead is wrong and thats what people dont like. It's almost impossible to have a race without incidents.
#64 - halo
Quote from XVII : I'm just saying it would be fun for more rough race matches to be around...

The rough&fun races always around, if skills are similar.
It is more difficult to pass someone without touching him/her.
Thats the difficult and honorable way.
There is also other "easy" ways, no need to mention.

If you want really difficult & fun races,
try to pass someone has similar skill level with you
by the racing rules.
Good Luck!
Quote from teaz-R :And I was expecting to see some noob crashing into you, but all I got was you totally overshooting the braking, entering the corner at a speed and line at which it could not be driven through, practically stopping at the apex and then get turned around by the other car.

You spoke earlier about having overlap on the car ahead..
Sure it's easy to achieve that if you do what you did and just barge in. But please note the fact that you should have the overlap at the turn-in point while still being able to brake and turn in to the corner and leave room for the car on your outside if you were to enter the corner side by side.

Seriously. Overlap = being alongside at the point of braking, not coming from 2-3 carlengths back and divebombing. You had no chance of making that corner and you took yourself out and possibly did damage to the other (innocent) guy. Nice work.
so what ur saying is.... that overtaking is a near impossibility and that if u have a lack of power in your engine but better cornering ability you can't overtake because you can't get along side a car you have caught!!!!

I can tell you from PERSONAL experience Lewis Hamitlon didn't get where he is driving like THAT!
Quote from Intrepid :so what ur saying is.... that overtaking is a near impossibility and that if u have a lack of power in your engine but better cornering ability you can't overtake because you can't get along side a car you have caught!!!!

I can tell you from PERSONAL experience Lewis Hamitlon didn't get where he is driving like THAT!

Are you saying you're Lewis Hamilton? Or that you drive in F1?

Simple fact of the matter is, if you try some bullshit overtaking move on me and I know its going to slow me down then I wont let you by. If however I can see you know what you're doing and have the skill and judgment to overtake my cleanly without slowing me down, then ill make plenty of room for you to do so. One thing is for sure I'm not going to slow down just for you to get by, you need to work to get by just like I need to work to stay in front.

Besides anyone who has raced against 'real world' karters in LFS probably knows the type of driving and magic rules they have that doesn't apply to anyone else (with the exception of Chris Krognes)
Quote from Rooble :Are you saying you're Lewis Hamilton? Or that you drive in F1?

Simple fact of the matter is, if you try some bullshit overtaking move on me and I know its going to slow me down then I wont let you by. If however I can see you know what you're doing and have the skill and judgment to overtake my cleanly without slowing me down, then ill make plenty of room for you to do so. One thing is for sure I'm not going to slow down just for you to get by, you need to work to get by just like I need to work to stay in front.

Besides anyone who has raced against 'real world' karters in LFS probably knows the type of driving and magic rules they have that doesn't apply to anyone else (with the exception of Chris Krognes)

oh dear..... have u never heard of the block pass commonly used in motorbike racing.....

Are you seriously suggesting that I have to get by you without compromising your corner speed.... what world do u freakin live in???????lolol

If i wanna get by you I will ghet by your whether u have to slow down or not... I am not gonna T-Bone you,, or Fire you off... but I sure not gonna be a charity case.. this is racing... not scaletrix!

I raced Lewis Hamilton and many other top name drivers on numerous occasions I don't recall them giving me any favours when they went by... which they always DID

When Mclraen signed their new young driver they quoted a video that I created showing this driving doing some outrageous overtaking, the type I advocate...and that VERY OVERTAKING was part oft he reason they signed him...... now who do I think is right on this issue..???.. Mclaren F1 who have been in F1 for years and won numerous world championship or you??? HHmmm...
Quote from Intrepid :now who do I think is right on this issue..???.. Mclaren F1 who have been in F1 for years and won numerous world championship or you???

him
Quote from [RF]-art555 :him

well I can;t wait to his 2008 campaign for the F1 World Championship!

why do people ever argue with me... I am always right.... always bring out the big guns.... lolol my head is massive!
Let's play a new game.

It's called: Can Intrepid make a post without mentioning Lewis "Hamitlon," F1, or his personal karting experience?

You're a broken record, dude. Your supposed experience racing with superior drivers in the real world doesn't excuse your crap driving in LFS.

Quote :so what ur saying is.... that overtaking is a near impossibility and that if u have a lack of power in your engine but better cornering ability you can't overtake because you can't get along side a car you have caught!!!!

You make a pass the same way drivers make a pass in real life. You wait to catch a draft, or you wait for the driver in front to make a mistake, or (ideally) you get a better corner exit coming onto a straight and use that advantage to pull alongside and outbrake (with REAL overlap) into the next corner. Duh.
Thing is most overtaking manovers are made in corners, or at least started in corners.
Quote from Intrepid :I raced Lewis Hamilton and many other top name drivers on numerous occasions I don't recall them giving me any favours when they went by... which they always DID

and still youre too thick to grasp that your driving isnt anywhere near as good as theirs
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Let's play a new game.

It's called: Can Intrepid make a post without mentioning Lewis "Hamitlon," F1, or his personal karting experience?

You're a broken record, dude. Your supposed experience racing with superior drivers in the real world doesn't excuse your crap driving in LFS.

You make a pass the same way drivers make a pass in real life. You wait to catch a draft, or you wait for the driver in front to make a mistake, or (ideally) you get a better corner exit coming onto a straight and use that advantage to pull alongside and outbrake (with REAL overlap) into the next corner. Duh.

hehehe... dear o dear..... well if that's how your only supposed to overtake I better go an tell 99% of champions in any motorsport they are idiots!

i better tell (some by a psychic)

Rossi - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJkWbwoA2g
Fore
Litchfield - http://one.revver.com/watch/85498
Rowland - http://one.revver.com/watch/178405
Schumacher
Hamilton
Alonso
Gilles Villenuerve - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tXJm9tYGM
Senna -
etc....

that they all are overtaking badly.... I am sure they will see your way!!!! lol YH RIGHT!
deleted
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG