The online racing simulator
Nope. It's all because of the misguided hype by people who should know better (usually the same people that hype everyone new), and because he's a bit of a nasty character under the pretend image of being lovely (which is very fake if you ask me).

Not envious. Not jealous. I just don't like him, and I laughed because apparently he's soooooo good. Maybe Lewis will never make a mistake ever again. And win 15 world titles. In which case I might not laugh so hard in ten years time. But it was comical that 'Golden Boy' can be a complete noob.
The media hype is nothing of Lewis' control...
Just because he is loving every minute of it, and showing it, on and off track. That's why i can only see jealousy from your eyes...
There is nothing fake about him. Infact me and him share a favourite Film. I imagine he is a really great guy to be around. More-so than any other guys on the grid.

You dislike him because (too many [my opinion]) people LIKE him? That's jealousy in my opinion...
People like him because they think he's better than he is. That will change.

Nothing fake? Isn't he meant to be modest and humble? So why does he call himself great, call backmarkers (who might be better than him!) monkeys, and basically make Schumacher look humble and decent?
Quote from tristancliffe :
Nothing fake? Isn't he meant to be modest and humble? So why does he call himself great, call backmarkers (who might be better than him!) monkeys, and basically make Schumacher look humble and decent?

Yea, ok you got me on that.

People thinking he's better than he is?.... Hes leading the championship... Whether he is in a good car or not. He is obviously the best this season (although i would personally like to think Kimi is.) and with any sport. Luck is a big part, so don't bother to say that to me. So you dislike him because you think hes not as good as his 'fanboys' and statistics show? Ok... That's not jealousy... But still putting your own emotions over the truth. The emotions this time being hatred.
What was that about ignore lists?
I too laughed at Hamilton screwing up like that. I laughed because it made things interesting. I laughed because it was divine irony. I laughed at the marshals trying to push him, especially the bloke who spun his front left wheel and stared at it in total amazement. I also laughed at the way Ron Dennis made "push" gestures at his monitor. The whole incident was funny. No one got physically hurt, hell even the car wasn't messed up by the looks of it.

Ralf really showed his class this time. Bye Ralf.

Vettel was the man - I bet he's hoarse (and his pitcrew deaf) from all the screaming. Good show from the tribe of the Little Red Rolling Bulls.

Alonso was really luke-warm - I expected more of him since he should of played it all. I wonder why he kept trying to put Kimi's eyes out with champagne (while both Ferrari men seemed to ignore him).

Kubica did some good driving it seemed - pity his car had enough.

All in all a pleasing race, had enough action and overtaking and I just hope there's more to come in Brazil. Last thing I'd like to watch is yet another championship end with a parade.
In fairness Kimi did the same thing at the Euro GP in the wet, except he went across the pitland divide and got away with it. For all Hamilton's impressivness this year, he is still quite inexperienced, so I think it's a bit harsh to come down on him for a simple human error. I guess if he'd lost it on a fast corner and put it in the barriers we wouldn't really be having discussions about him being a noob, it would just be classed as something that happens when you're racing hard, but when there are seconds between you and your championship rivals it's fair to be pushing hard into the pitlane too. Anyway, whether he wins the championship or not, I think everyone must admit he has had the most impressive rookie season in the history of F1. Whether he lives up to it in the future or not, he's certainly a huge natural talent and has massive potential.
Quote from DarkTimes :In fairness Kimi did the same thing at the Euro GP in the wet, except he went across the pitland divide and got away with it. For all Hamilton's impressivness this year, he is still quite inexperienced, so I think it's a bit harsh to come down on him for a simple human error. I guess if he'd lost it on a fast corner and put it in the barriers we wouldn't really be having discussions about him being a noob, it would just be classed as something that happens when you're racing hard, but when there are seconds between you and your championship rivals it's fair to be pushing hard into the pitland too. Anyway, whether he wins the championship or not, I think everyone must admit he has had the most impressive rookie season in the history of F1. Whether he lives up to it in the future or not, he's certainly a huge natural talent and has massive potential.

TBH, he's far from the most impressive rookie ever. He's got the fastest (by means of ill-repute)car, and his success is merely a by-product of that.

Vettel is doing far better than he should, given the level of his equipment.
Exactly my point Taylor-Mania. Hamilton has not done anything beyond my expectation of him. He's the no. 1 driver of the no. 1 team, winning doesn't show any stand-out talent.
Quote from srdsprinter :TBH, he's far from the most impressive rookie ever. He's got the fastest (by means of ill-repute)car, and his success is merely a by-product of that.

Well, but the truth is that in modern F1 it's almost everything about the car. Of course there still is rubbish drivers, but difference a bad car makes is still huge. I hope they can make some proper rule changes for next year to make driver talent more valuable. Removing TC should be one, but following another car would still be almost impossible, of course small mistakes should happen more often if you are really pushing it.

I think Lewis is more of an statistical error when you compare him to any other driver from the past. Times have changed and statistics make him look awesome. Not saying he isn't great though.
Quote from srdsprinter :Exactly my point Taylor-Mania. Hamilton has not done anything beyond my expectation of him. He's the no. 1 driver of the no. 1 team, winning doesn't show any stand-out talent.

You have ridiculously high expectations for rookie drivers then. He may now be the #1 driver in the best team, but that was surely not anybody's expectation for him before the start of the season. If he's #1 it's because he earned it by out-racing a two times world champion. Anyway, I'm not a Hamilton fan-boy, I have been critical of Hamiltonmania in other threads. I do however think that you need to give credit where credit is due, and Hamilton's performance this year has been pretty special.
Please, he's "earned" the no. 1 spot on Mclaren?

He's "earned" it by being Ron Dennis' love child.

He's been incredibly fortunate/spoiled to have the opportunity he's got. The only really special thing is the ridiculous amount of luck he's had; when was the last time you saw a CRANE pull someone out of the gravel in F1?

Credit where credits due -> incredibly spoiled kid in incredibly fast car with incredibly good luck*

*till he found the world's smallest gravel trap.
Quote from srdsprinter :Please, he's "earned" the no. 1 spot on Mclaren?

He's "earned" it by being Ron Dennis' love child.

He's been incredibly fortunate/spoiled to have the opportunity he's got. The only really special thing is the ridiculous amount of luck he's had; when was the last time you saw a CRANE pull someone out of the gravel in F1?

Credit where credits due -> incredibly spoiled kid in incredibly fast car with incredibly good luck*

*till he found the world's smallest gravel trap.

Do you really think that Hamilton is the only driver in F1 who is only there because he got lucky? There are many talented drivers out there who will never get a shot at F1 because of a lack of money or contacts. Face it. Every driver in F1 today got where they are because they had luck on their side at some point.

It just seems that Hamilton's route into F1 has been heavily publicised, whereas this is not the case for other drivers. I'm sure if you look closer at their route into F1 they will have some striking similarities.

Now, I'm not saying that talent isn't involved, of course it is. What I am saying is that talent alone is not enough to get to the big time in motorsport these days..
Quote from BlueFlame :
And Jack, I'm talking about previous to this incident, that he hasn't made a mistake.

T1 at the nurb I seem to remember Lewis needing a crane to get him out the gravel? Surely that was a mistake to land in there in the first place?

Quote from Origamiboy :Do you really think that Hamilton is the only driver in F1 who is only there because he got lucky? There are many talented drivers out there who will never get a shot at F1 because of a lack of money or contacts. Face it. Every driver in F1 today got where they are because they had luck on their side at some point.

It just seems that Hamilton's route into F1 has been heavily publicised, whereas this is not the case for other drivers. I'm sure if you look closer at their route into F1 they will have some striking similarities.

Now, I'm not saying that talent isn't involved, of course it is. What I am saying is that talent alone is not enough to get to the big time in motorsport these days..

Hamilton has been far luckier than any other driver on that grid. Most of them drivers probably had to work really hard to find the sponsors to get them through Formula Ford/Renault/BMW etc.

Lewis has been in a position where he has had the money behind him since his karting days. He had a personal tutor so for all we know he could have been testing karts when his competition was stuck at school. Not to mention the fact his sponsor is a very completive F1 team, so he obviously knew they had plans for him.
I personally think that if Hamilton wins the championship this year, he will deserve it. He has driven quickly, intelligently, aggressively and consistently all year, and has made very few mistakes. Ultimately he has hugely contributed to a close-fought and entertaining season. Really, I'd say we don't really have too much to complain about.
Damnit, i'm bored and SniffPetrol.com is blocked here at School - anybody mind posting it?

Thanks!
Caption to attachment: "DEPRESSED HAMILTON STOPS FOR PETROL ON WAY HOME"
Attached images
lewispetrol.jpg
Quote from spiderbait90 :Pitty we have no idea what the scale was.

My guess would be either 10 to 20 degrees each way.

Judging from some real data I've seen it would be more like 20 to 40, the faster the corner, the higher the difference.

Quote from tristancliffe :
You know about the alternative tyre temp display by holding ctrl-shift, don't you? Shows surface temps, which are a lot more dynamic.

I knew about it but hadn't looked at it until just a moment ago: Surface temps are indeed more dynamic, the LFS physics model never fails to surprise. The main difference to the data I've seen would be that the LFS temps don't cool nearly as much on the straights as they should. Maybe needs more advanced wind cooling model?

About the Grand Prix: I think it would be sad if Hamilton were to lose the title due to such a silly mistake. But as long as it isn't a Ferrari I'm fine.

And I'd love to know who's idea it really was to stay out that long. But of course letting the public get any info from team radios would be unthinkable for F1. I mean even NASA lets you listen in on live spacewalks but this is F1 y'know...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG