The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :mostly because it was hilarious watching a car get stuck in the smallest gravel trap I've ever seen.

yeah youd probably miss it if you tried to drive into it ... and its pretty much the only gravel trap on the entire track too
Quote from Shotglass :yeah youd probably miss it if you tried to drive into it ... and its pretty much the only gravel trap on the entire track too

I guess, if you exclude the gigantic one off turn one.
Quote from ans7812 :I guess, if you exclude the gigantic one off turn one.

which unlike the one on pit entry has a much more gigantic tarmac run off in front of it (bad idea imho ... safe but completely ruins the racing)
unless youve got a silly name like ralf the chances of ever getting anywhere near the gravel are slim to none
Those large painted adverts on the tarmac run off should be forbidden IMO.
They are like ice especially when it's raining. Quite dangerous.
Quote from thisnameistaken :A few observations:

1) This was the best thing that could've happened in the championship today. I laughed out loud at Hamilton's mistake, mostly because it was hilarious watching a car get stuck in the smallest gravel trap I've ever seen.

2) Vettel really redeemed himself after last week's disaster. Well done, Vettel.

3) Blueflame is a cock, just stick him on ignore like the rest of us.

You actually laughed at someone who made a mistake? (in your eyes).
You are the kind of person to laugh at those in mis-fortune you laugh before you think of helping them out.
It just tells me your jealous of him. What has he done wrong? Nothing.. Thats exactly why your laughing.. Your jealous that he hasn't done anything remotely wrong.

As for 2) I couldn't agree more, he has proved that he is good. To bounce back in almost the same position as Japan was great.
And AS for 3) Couldn't agree more. I am a total cock. (Thats why I would help someone that fell over, not just laugh at them )
Quote from BlueFlame :It just tells me your jealous of him. What has he done wrong? Nothing.. Thats exactly why your laughing.. Your jealous that he hasn't done anything remotely wrong.

How does him finding it funny make him jealous...?

And if he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't be in the gravel trap...

Whether or not his tyres were screwed, he is fast on the road to being one of the best drivers in the world, and part of that is coping with stuff like tyres. He was the one with the loud pedal...
No, sorry, I'm not jealous of Hamilton. I find the fanboyism he's created (he can do no wrong) so silly and undeserved - that is why I laughed on Sunday. He totally deserved getting stuck in, as Kev says, the worlds smallest gravel trap. He even had the cheek to keep the car running rather than accepting he was stuck.

What's he done wrong? Arrogance (coming from me!), dirty driving (like Schumi, only without the experience to back it up), being hypocritical ('I will only talk about Alonso to his face, and not through the media. Oh, by the way, did I mention Alonso is a tosser')... And he's got to F1 without having to pay anything since he was 10 - his Dad might have had 15 jobs at one time, but that was a LONG time ago. Since then he's had it easier than any other F1 driver ever.

I won't put Blueflame on my ignore list, as it's always nice to have someone providing the misguided comedy on forums. Someone that, just by breathing, makes you feel better, because it could be worse - I could be him!!
Quote from Jakg :How does him finding it funny make him jealous...?

And if he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't be in the gravel trap...

Finding it funny is sad. You would be laughing if you had not made a mistake all season, and messed it up like that?

And Jack, I'm talking about previous to this incident, that he hasn't made a mistake. The reason Kev is obviously laughing is because Hamilton EVENTUALLY made a mistake. And this was an outburst of Kevin's Envious rage.
What's a mistake? Is falling off the road several times at Melbourne a mistake? And that's just his first race. Of course he's made mistakes. He hasn't won every race, and he hasn't done perfect laps every single time.

Rage? No. Envy? No. Amusement that the boy who never makes mistakes made such a nooby one. Even David 'Pitwall' Coulthard probably had a sniger [sic] at Lewis
Anyone that laughed just needs a slap... Seriously. Your blatently jealous, its got nothing to do with this Hamilton-mania BS. You should be HAPPY racing gets mentioned at ALL.

How can we support F1 if we are so purist about who is allowed to watch F1 and who isn't?
Quote from Jakg :... he is fast on the road to being the best driver in the world...

Cough, ... wow... Thats a bit bold
Racing is huge - more people watch F1 than any other sport. It's bigger than football!

Since when did we say only certain people are allowed to watch F1?
Winning the F1 world championship would imply that you are one of the best drivers in the world, wouldn't it?

EDIT - Ooops, forgot the "one of" bit :X

ftr there's something... suspicious about him. Hope he wins it, but that he has a 60 lap battle Kimi, Alonso and Sato to get there though
Quote from tristancliffe :Racing is huge - more people watch F1 than any other sport. It's bigger than football!

Since when did we say only certain people are allowed to watch F1?

Because people who are mad with this Hamilton Mania thing, seem to think alot of people start to watch formula 1 purely because of Hamilton..

Tristan. You can't be happy for Lewis. Neither can Kev, that means you're both jealous. You would both rather he go to a corner and die.

I agree with alot of people that he doesn't 'deserve' to win his first ever championship in F1 but can't you just be happy for the lad?
Quote from BlueFlame :I agree with alot of people that he doesn't 'deserve' to win his first ever championship in F1 but can't you just be happy for the lad?

...where does this thing about not liking someone means you have to be jealous come from...?!
Quote from Jakg :...where does this thing about not liking someone means you have to be jealous come from...?!

I didn't like Schumacher but i was still happy for him winning 7wdchampionships.. You would be happy in HIS position.. People are too selfish here.. they think they are social but it's bs. If you can't honestly answer how you would feel in someone elses position, you're not going to go far in life.
I admit laughing for the incident and shouting that cranes are banned and it's useless to wave them to get one. But I also laughed for the pure comical value and for the "Hamilton is a god" crowd. Plus, I want Räikkönen (spelling you noobs) to win the title and it's not fair he always has to be the freak incident guy, who apparently over drives the car... he is not the only one then. Jealousy has nothing to do with laughing in this case.
I don't like you Blueflame, and corner dieing would be nice, but I'm not even remotely jealous or envious of you. Not 1%.

Same with Hamilton? I don't laugh when Alonso crashes, or Kimi, or Sato (okay, maybe Sato). Why would I be jealous of Hamilton but not the others?
I'm happy for Lewis getting stuck on that sand pit.

Is that 'being happy for' enough?
I want Räkkönen to win the WDC too, he deserves it more than Hamilton.. If Hamilton was in LAST year's F1 Championship. Things would be... alot more balanced... He can still show the talent he HAS, he just wouldn't have been able to win a race. And i think that's how alot of people would've wanted it. Myself included. Although it hasn't. So I'm just happy for him. He is doing great. You could say Nico Rosberg hasn't made a mistake all season Tristan. He leads the championship. He has obviously made less mistakes than everyone else. So just stop with the hating.

Tristan, I don't care if your jealous of ME, what has that got to do with anything?

The point I'm making is, if you put yourself in Hamiltons position. And you WOULDN'T feel happy with yourself. Then your denying the truth over your own emotions. Those Emotions being jealousy
Quote from Blackout :I admit laughing for the incident and shouting that cranes are banned and it's useless to wave them to get one. But I also laughed for the pure comical value and for the "Hamilton is a god" crowd. Plus, I want Räikkönen (spelling you noobs) to win the title and it's not fair he always has to be the freak incident guy, who apparently over drives the car... he is not the only one then.

Its about time Kimi gets a win he truly deserves it with all the trouble he has had over the years, Hamilton in my opinion doesn't truly deserve a title just yet because he hasn't struggled to get where he is now - Not that I care if he does get it.
Quote from BlueFlame :I want Räkkönen to win the WDC too, he deserves it more than Hamilton.. If Hamilton was in LAST year's F1 Championship. Things would be... alot more balanced... He can still show the talent he HAS, he just wouldn't have been able to win a race. And i think that's how alot of people would've wanted it. Myself included. Although it hasn't. So I'm just happy for him. He is doing great. You could say Nico Rosberg hasn't made a mistake all season Tristan. He leads the championship. He has obviously made less mistakes than everyone else. So just stop with the hating.

Tristan, I don't care if your jealous of ME, what has that got to do with anything?

The point I'm making is, if you put yourself in Hamiltons position. And you WOULDN'T feel happy with yourself. Then your denying the truth over your own emotions. Those Emotions being jealousy

Or he's just got the fastest, most reliable car, and beat Alonso (who you know my opinion of).

Not being jealous of you was an example based on your opinion that not liking him is because I'm jealous. Same reasons, different person. Or does your theory that dislike = envy only apply in a single case?

We're not saying we wouldn't be pleased if we were in Hamilton's position. Of course we would. Hamilton should be pleased with himself. But that doesn't change the fact we're not Hamilton, and allowed to laugh at his silly mistake without being jealous.

Do you like me Blueflame? If not, I bet it's because your jealous of me
BlueFlame, you're making a fool of yourself again... If someone punches me in the face and as a consequence I don't like him (who can blame me for that), means in your twisted logic I'm jealous of him because I didn't get to punch myself? :doh:

Personally, I don't care about either babies, doing a "who can cry the loudest"-contest, and either three drivers deserve the title, I just can help feeling that if Hamilton wins the WDC, it would be prematurely... I certainly think he's got the talent and the determination to get the title, I just don't think the time is ripe just yet...
Quote from Rooble :Its about time Kimi gets a win he truly deserves it with all the trouble he has had over the years, Hamilton in my opinion doesn't truly deserve a title just yet because he hasn't struggled to get where he is now - Not that I care if he does get it.

Spot on.

IMO - What LH should fear most is the fan backlash if Mclaren is not the dominate car next year. F1 fans can be notoriously fickle for blaming drivers when they fail to consistently produce year to year.

@ Jakg, little words make worlds of diference!
Quote from tristancliffe :

Do you like me Blueflame? If not, I bet it's because your jealous of me

I am indifferent to you mate. I don't know you behind your keyboard.. Although you do have a sexy voice

If I don't like someone I'm not going to be bitter to them.. Just because I don't like them I have to let them know that? but no... I'll just laugh at the TV, and they will never know.. There is something more to your 'dislike' of Hamilton.

**Spoilers** F1 2007: Chinese Grand Prix 2007
(195 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG