The online racing simulator
Is James Allen crying? Even our American commentators (3 of 4 British) we're audibly shaken-up... lol
According to the american broadcast, McLaren was one hot potatoe after the Alonso comments after qualifying. If LH locked up the championship this race, they were considering having de la rossa replace him in Brazil. I guess he can't do that now!

Anyway, LH is back with his team, yay...

Kimi's tires are looking really Ragged! Will they hold on?
Quote from srdsprinter :Is James Allen crying? Even our American commentators (3 of 4 British) we're audibly shaken-up... lol

Nah, sorry to disappoint you .
wow, Kimi's tires looking "thin"...

***Possibly*** 3 man battle for championship next round...
#80 - JCTK
Quote from srdsprinter :wow, Kimi's tires looking "thin"...

***Possibly*** 3 man battle for championship next round...

the commentators for Star Sports here in Asia are saying that Ferrari must have use the soft tyres for the right front and hard tyres for the other 3 wheels~
WOW!
1. Kimi
2. Alonso
3. Massa
4. Vettel!

Brazil - here we come!
Is it just me, or is Speed TV literally more commercial breaks than actual broadcasting though?
just for the statistics: Hamilton: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vettel ftw
Quote from JCTK :the commentators for Star Sports here in Asia are saying that Ferrari must have use the soft tyres for the right front and hard tyres for the other 3 wheels~

I guess that FIA just decided that's illegal. And forgot the send the email...
Quote from deggis :
Only one question... where was the magic crane helping Hamilton to get back to the track?

It was banned from the servers before Japan or this weekend I think, how ironic for Lewis "the Crane" Hamilton.

Lewis basically over drove the tires, you could see in the first stop that he had had much more worn tires than the other top guys. Of course a mistake from the team for not calling him in earlier securing second position and the title, too greedy.

Quote from deggis :I guess that FIA just decided that's illegal. And forgot the send the email...

Haha...

Kimi's tires werent actually that bad in the end, lots of right handers just wear that paint off from the left.
lol was funny about that "we didn't get the email" fiasco, when they showed a video this morning of massa from last week, saying "we took a gamble and it didn't work"
So. Points Clarification then. Obviously I want Kimi to win the Championship... but. lets find out how.

Points Scoring is like this:

1st 10
2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1

Current Championship standings are :

Driver Nationality Team Points
Lewis Hamilton
British McLaren-Mercedes 107
Fernando Alonso
Spanish McLaren-Mercedes 103
Kimi Räikkönen
Finnish Ferrari 100
Felipe Massa
Brazilian Ferrari 86

Now obviously Massa can't win... So that counts HIM out...

Kimi and Alonso are almost on the same amount of points.
7 points is unscoreable.. Unless some of your points are taken away, or you gain another point. So Räikkönen would have to come 2nd(at least) and Lewis to come 8th because they would THEN be equal on points and it goes to race victories and Räikkönen has the most this year.

For Alonso to win the championship it's pretty simple.. He only has a 4 point difference... So he can come in 3rd (at least) and Hamilton in 7th and then they would be Equal on points, and then I think Hamilton would win via how many race wins he has... So what IF, Alonso wins, where does Lewis have to finnish to gain the championship..

Well
103 + 10 = 113 (that would be the equasion of Alonso's win)
And
107 + 8 = 115 (that would be the equasion of Hamilton's win)

So Hamilton can finnish 2nd if Alonso wins, but he may be able to finnish 3rd.. If we stay 'safe' because I don't know who has more wins out of Hamilton and Alonso, but I'm pretty sure it's Hamilton... but for the sake of simplicity we stay 'safe' which means... Add up the scores, but don't enter the possibility of a Draw in even points.

So. If Alonso wins thats 113 points for him, he can't get more than this as this would mean he raced twice.. As the maximum anyone can score in a race is 10points..

If Hamilton Wins thats 117 points.

So if we subtract a number of points scores... To make Hamilton have LESS than Alonso's So, that would be 4points then... but you can't have 2 drivers scoring both 10points... So lets say 8 points... Thats 2 of the points taken away. So that leaves us with 3rd.. but remember the 'safe' rule. Thats 4th. So for Alonso to win the championship, thats what he needs to do, For Hamilton If he wins.. That's it. He wins outright.

Looking at how tought it looks for Alonso.... Kimi really needs some luck if he wants to win the WDC
You make math sound so hard Blueflame.
The race was pretty good but what made it great was the result.
Hamilton out and especially Vettel 4th!!

How great would it be if the McLaren take each other out in Brazil and Raikkönen wins?

BlueFlame, Hamilton and Alonso both have 4 wins this season now.
Quote from Blackout :You make math sound so hard Blueflame.

I try not to

Quote from zeugnimod :The race was pretty good but what made it great was the result.
Hamilton out and especially Vettel 4th!!

How great would it be if the McLaren take each other out in Brazil and Raikkönen wins?

BlueFlame, Hamilton and Alonso both have 4 wins this season now.

Forgot about my comments on the race itself... Well... I was asleep for most of it. So if Hammo and Nando have the same wins... If Alonso wins hammo has to come 2nd to win because if they are equal on wins, 3rd would make Hamilton equal on points, and lose via race wins (5-4)?
Clever move by Hamilton.

lmao.
If Alonso wins in Brazil, Hamilton has to finish second to win the championship.
Alonso's number of victories would be 5
- Malaysian GP
- Monaco GP
- European GP
- Italian
- Brazilian GP

with Hamilton having 4:
- Canadian GP
- United States GP
- Hungarian GP
- Japanese GP

If Alonso doesn't win, and say he finishes second (8p), then Hamilton being fifth (4p) will win the Championship as he has more second places.
Toro Rosso did really well this time. Both drivers on points.

And this year every team has managed to get some points(except Mclaren). That´s a really rare thing.

Kimi, Alonso and Button also had a good race. Nothing over the top spectacular but good consistent driving. The last race should be interesting.
#95 - axus
Quote from diablo21 :Clever move by Hamilton.

lmao.

I rarely come across someone so biased towards anything. Wow. You can't not see how annoying Alonso is, even if he's Spanish! It's ironic that there are two Spanish people in this thread trying to make Alonso sound like a little angel that's having it so rough while everyone else, no matter what nationality is disgusted by his constant complaining. Take this quote for instance:

"Alonso went on to say he has not been treated like a double world champion, but just like a normal person. " (sauce)

That's just silly: normal people don't get $10m/year. Alonso can't expect better treatment than Hamilton on the basis that he's won championships - and I'm sure that was made clear to him before joining McLaren. If he does, he's just a retard, and that's what it looks like. And, perhaps, McLaren have grown biased towards Hamilton over the course of the season but they were equally supportive of both at the start of the season so it's just Alonso's fault, that he stopped talking to Ron Dennis, that he gave him an ultimatum in Hungary, that he took part in the Ferrari espionage, that he didn't exactly do his best to keep McLaren out of bad publicity over the fact that he's a double world championship and not getting better treatment than a rookie (which is silly!), the fact that he negated a lot of the engineers' effort, etc. I'm sure, even if he did help McLaren by .6 of a second, he would not have done that on his own. Remember Michael? He would be humble (off the track anyway) and thank every person in the team for the team's success because a great team is held together by passion and appreciation towards others' work, not by some tard that thinks he's the best thing that ever happened to F1.
Quote from BlueFlame :So if Hammo and Nando have the same wins... If Alonso wins hammo has to come 2nd to win because if they are equal on wins, 3rd would make Hamilton equal on points, and lose via race wins (5-4)?

Why put it easy when complicated is way more fun, isn't it?

If Alonso wins the last race, Hamilton has to come at least second, or he loses the Championship... If Alonso doesn't win, he has to come at least 4th with Hamilton finishing at least 5 places behind him so that Alonso wins the WDC... Kimi can only hope for a bad result of BOTH McLarens in the last race for him to get the title (which in review of the whole season seems pretty unlikely)...
Bwahaha Hamilton
Massa will win in brazil. The next 3 wil be between hamilton, alonso, kimi.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from spiderbait90 :Next thing alonso will not know how to drive his car.

*Recovered From Pit Radio*
Alonso - "HALP! The car... it not start...! Which button do i press?!"
Team - "The Big Red Ferrari-Button".

:P

LOL @ Hamilton though

EDIT - If i were in McLaren i'd prefer Hamilton, not because he's espcially nice, but because Alonso's a tit. You spend hours and hours and hours doing whatever rediculously small thing you do for that 0.000005 advantage (ie top teams sponsors are painted on to reduce drag, while the cheaper teams use stickers. Like it makes bugger all difference), and Alonso throws it all back in your face...!

**Spoilers** F1 2007: Chinese Grand Prix 2007
(195 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG