The online racing simulator
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You're a good drifter when you realize that the real conflict isn't against demo and s2, it's actually drift against race.

(EXPERIENCE HERE.)

Haha Conflict!!

Dude this isn't the middle east we're not at war with each other, we (the racing faction) just enjoy taking the piss out of you (the drifting faction)

I feel just as emotionally hurt when labelled a 'gripper'
I find it more fun, to go drift the hell outta drifters when all I do is a slightly less pretty thing called racing.
What did commas ever do to you?
They killed my first born child.

*hides fact I'm 15 and have no children, based on a physical impossibility of children not being able to be born without sexual contact*
No, I was talking to Midwinter.
I guess you could also say, its when you make the best of a bad situation. For example, your in a league race driving a rwd car. Coming into a corner while fighting for the position in front and trying to keep the guy behind where he currently is.

You might get tapped or have braked too hard or had to steer quickly avoiding the car in front... upsetting the car, while you could take the safe way out and maybe loose a position, in that split second you decide to make the most of the "out of control" car, counter-steering & adjusting the throttle which when coming out of the corner has kept your position or better while avoiding touching the cars around you.

I love a good slide as much as the next guy, its just i mainly only race in league races. Its taking what I've learnt from those fun drifting sessions & using them in the heat of the moment.
Quote from wabbit :I guess you could also say, its when you make the best of a bad situation. For example, your in a league race driving a rwd car. Coming into a corner while fighting for the position in front and trying to keep the guy behind where he currently is.

You might get tapped or have braked too hard or had to steer quickly avoiding the car in front... upsetting the car, while you could take the safe way out and maybe loose a position, in that split second you decide to make the most of the "out of control" car, counter-steering & adjusting the throttle which when coming out of the corner has kept your position or better while avoiding touching the cars around you.

I love a good slide as much as the next guy, its just i mainly only race in league races. Its taking what I've learnt from those fun drifting sessions & using them in the heat of the moment.

You need drifting to survive !?
You lost me at the start mate
i used KB ever since, well long time in demo, then i got S2 bought an adaptor to use my PS2 wheel and ps2 controller...now that iv used wheel, i can never go back to KB.....Cr!t knows how good i was in demo...now when i drift i have to use my ps2 controller to keep good angles, 90 degrees sometimes and can get out of the corner..
Quote from alland44 :You need drifting to survive !?
You lost me at the start mate

I wouldn't say that. Although it can be a great skill to have.

I guess my point was that a lot of people can drift well when the road (corner) is clear ahead. Its in those tricky situations when it can be applied to create a better outcome. Rather than loosing complete control and dropping many positions.
wow havent been on forums in a few days but thanks for all the comments only expected to get one or 2
lawl.

does that make me a pr0 doriftah now?
Im good drifter if im good at racing,my drifting improve while racing ò_Ó
power sliding is easy , drifting is hard
Do you ever make sense? Powersliding and drifting are nearly the same ****ing thing, except one you try and make pretty, and the other, is for speed, and It's really the opposite, seeing drifting is piss easy, you just take a RWD car, forget all logic on how to drive it thru a corner, and bam! you're drifting.

(drifters, don't take it against yourselves, this TheIrishIdiot guy just doesn't know what he's talking about. Ever)
Quote from theirishnoob :power sliding is easy , drifting is hard

I just had to unstick my face from my monitor because that post sucked so hard.

You know you're a good drifter, when you can stop bragging about how your a good drifter and use your newly learnt skills to effect in a controlled manner - to make you faster at racing.

Trust me, I used to be a doriftozorz, I still am sometimes. But the people who go "lol r u dorilolzorz??11!" have a nice suprise coming when they see me going off into the distance.
Quote from theirishnoob :power sliding is easy , drifting is hard

I'm with theirishnoob. There's a difference between sliding sideways and driving sideways.

By the fwds can drift just fine. They just are limited in usable techniques. fwds can drift, rwds can drift, awds can drift, bikes can drift. It doesn't matter. The principle techniques and actions are identical. The powertrain only affects on-throttle behavior. Off throttle techniques like feint, braking drift, or e-brake work the same way on any powertrain.

When are you good at drifting or driving is when the car does exactly what you want it to do...all the time. Grip or drift, you're on a racing line or a squiggly one, lol, but it's one you follow precisely, straight or sideways.

It's kind of fun when you can drift an entire course and beat your previous grip and drift PBs. It's a good sign that you're keeping the car tight and on the line and really pushing hard.
Quote from Flying Squirrel :I'm with theirishnoob. There's a difference between sliding sideways and driving sideways.

I agree. And I've never yet seen drifting in LFS. All I see is powersliding. I don't join drift servers, but a few times I have just to watch. All it was, was powersliding a little in the corners and they called it drifting.
Quote from Flying Squirrel :
It's kind of fun when you can drift an entire course and beat your previous grip and drift PBs. It's a good sign that...

your angles are around 0 degrees, or your Racing techniques suck massively.

mrodgers - what is the difference in powersliding and drifting (I just don't get the difference, I'm not native you know), for me Powersliding means "step on the gas in the middle of the turn, and slide out of it", and drifting means - go sideways before the corner, the earlier the better...correct me if I am wrong please.
if I understand the words correctly, then you haven't seen any good drifters mate
Quote from Kevin. :You know when your a good drifter when you rock at any Car sport.

there are some amazing drifters that kinda suck at roadracing and vice versa, because they are used to sliding the rear out... so they have alot of habits to break, but all the drifting gives them a good sence of weight transfer...

fwd cars dont drift, they assdrag
Your Good when you can extualy pul of real life long drift and you need to master racing also
Well, we had a kart race in real life, and the 4th race was totally wet, but they still let us drive(an outside track, carts that go ~60km/h I think) ...On slicks... Few spins tough But I came in 2nd in that race, and lost like because of a puddle accident ;D But, I did manage to pull of a continuous drift through "left straightens out a bit left widens straight" Oh, wierd thing, I blame it on the cart, in grip run when it was still dry, I totally sucked, cause as soon as I touched the brakes the wheels locked up and the race was too short for me to get round this, but it really helped during the wet time, since I was like passing everyone
Well if drifting is going before corner so im drifter ^^ all i need to improve is slide speed/distance and angle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG