The online racing simulator
I NEED DRIFTING tips
(43 posts, started )
I NEED DRIFTING tips
just maked a vid of me drifting
i need some tips. just for info i use keyboard.
watch and comment =)
link to my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcmafiXcZqo
gr.spike
with that song with it uhmm... it looks so amazingly gay...
post a replay...
I am not going to watch this (bad lines and small angles are already clear)
Quote from squidhead :post a replay...
I am not going to watch this (bad lines and small angles are already clear)

i wil make soon a replay
Watch Drift Bible then practice, that's all you can do to get better.
Tip #6: use a wheel.
tip #1 Be sure that you CAN learn to drift.
Quote from Kevin. :tip #1 Be sure that you CAN learn to drift.

I didn't get that. If you have atleast one hand and a brain of some kind (writing on this forum proves both parts), you can be a good drifter in lfs :|

But anyway, unlike my expectations before watching the vid, you obviously have the car in control - that's a good start. Now you have to:

1) adjust your lines: wide entry, touch the apex, wide exit.
2) adjust your speed so you can maintain the line
3) adjust your wheelspin to maintain your speed and angle

More gas, more speed, more opposite lock, more aggressiveness.
Quote from frokki :
More gas, more speed, more opposite lock, more aggressiveness.

dont encourage him to go full throttle all the time, he's gonna wobble like a fish out of water in his drifts...and thats just well... looks pathetic
not bad... try going a Slight bit wider on the exit of the turn ( via more gas ) and use hybrid tyres when learning to drift...
Quote from Kevin. :tip #1 Be sure that you CAN learn to drift.

1.shut up everybody can learn to drift....
2. i dont got the money for
the g25 do maybe a momo ?
3.i wil watch ''drift bible''
4. i wil make a replay 2day in fern bay

gr.spike
Why is everybody so hyped over G25?? Get a MOMO, it's still a wheel, it's a very good wheel. G25 will be very hard to learn on since it's 900°. If you want that, try to get a DFP. Most drifters had to re-learn to drift when they got the DFP...

And don't say you will watch drift bible if you don't even know what it is :P
Quote from Primoz :Get a MOMO, it's still a wheel, it's a very good wheel.

why?
DFP has more degrees,and costs less
Quote from Primoz :Why is everybody so hyped over G25?? Get a MOMO, it's still a wheel, it's a very good wheel. G25 will be very hard to learn on since it's 900°. If you want that, try to get a DFP. Most drifters had to re-learn to drift when they got the DFP...

And don't say you will watch drift bible if you don't even know what it is :P

just typed in youtube and i found it lol
2.and i need advice logitech momo or DFP ( and remember im a beginner)
3. how much degrees is momo becouse i cant find it lol
4. just downloaded lfs tweak patch q and i cant pick the xr gt ingame ( in lfs patch q)
gr.spike
#15 - Jakg
Momo is either 240° or 270°.

Theres a link to my wheel guide in my signature.
DFP is 900°, but you can set it in logitech profiler (from 40 to 900 degrees), i started with 360, when i learnt it then i went to 540 and now i am drifting with 720 degrees...

momo is only 240 degrees
DFP is originaly for PS2, but it has USB cable and you'll need drivers for it, without drivers will the DFP work at 200 degrees mode
i wil buy it this week then i will make a replay =)
calm down, you'll see that it isn't as that easy, if you haven't driven / drifted with e.g. 720 degrees
Contact me I can answer your questions here because I drifted with a keyboard for about a year and still have my sets and all the stuffs you need to start with. PM me
Quote from Riders Motion :Contact me I can answer your questions here because I drifted with a keyboard for about a year and still have my sets and all the stuffs you need to start with. PM me

On the other hand, keeping the conversations pubic can (and will) help other beginners, so that they don't have to start their own threads about the same subject again and again. You could share your tips and sets here, or even better, (as you seem to be enthusiastic in teaching ppl to drift), make some kind of a guide!
u need to make ur carsetup a little bit more stiff, to loose springs and dampers makes the car less easy to drift. Lock the differential and try to adjust your gearbox so that u dont have to rev that much. The less the better due to turbopressure, it will not generate the same amount of power from 0-9000rpm.

Good luck!
Quote from frokki :On the other hand, keeping the conversations pubic can (and will) help other beginners, so that they don't have to start their own threads about the same subject again and again. You could share your tips and sets here, or even better, (as you seem to be enthusiastic in teaching ppl to drift), make some kind of a guide!

Typo? O_O

And +1 to the idea of keeping it public

DK

I NEED DRIFTING tips
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG