The online racing simulator
Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
aye, given the choice, i choose not to dl the hack. that's just me. i think the likes of operation flashpoint (ecp mod, UKF mod, BAS mod the list goes on)and armed assault (not many mods as yet but alot of wips) and bridge commander (kobashi maru mod) have spoiled me because of the top quallity addons and "hacks" that are released for them.
haha this thread is rediculous

u care about the realism of somebody who isnt wearing racing clothes and yet u dont mind when the manner in which u race and what u think is acceptable and isnt is TOTALLY unrealistic!!!!

by the way i do agree, the clothes model is very unrealistic. i myself drive nude in real life.
Quote from DieKolkrabe : In RL, they'd insist you were in a race suit and helmet before you raced, right?

wo wo wo wo there. I race in the nude irl all the time! you got a problem with that!
@Intrepid: No. Take it up with the governing bodies. I /assume/ you're talking about racing at your PC?

DK
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :haha this thread is rediculous

u care about the realism of somebody who isnt wearing racing clothes and yet u dont mind when the manner in which u race and what u think is acceptable and isnt is TOTALLY unrealistic!!!!

by the way i do agree, the clothes model is very unrealistic. i myself drive nude in real life.

and that makes as much sense as a third arm-pit
#81 - Jakg
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :haha this thread is rediculous

So because part x is partially unrealistic, and unsolvable, we should all drive using Unicorn models with physics that make our cars handle like Ice Cream?

Nice logic...
Quote from Jakg :So because part x is partially unrealistic, and unsolvable, we should all drive using Unicorn models with physics that make our cars handle like Ice Cream?

Nice logic...

I never got a Unicorn.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
It's just a game.
I don't like the player hacker, mostly because the naked "head" model looks utterly gash. Reminds me of my Quake 3 days, when everyone wound the details down to minimum to make everything super-clear and gaudy.

Be nice if it was a clientside choice to force lids. Be nicer if it wasn't needed.
Quote from Ian.H :Maybe not.. but what about my own cockpit? I see that.. and yet still no safety devices anywhere in any of them.. and I see the contents of my own cockpit far more than I do looking across at others.

Maybe for you, but I can't see any of my cockpit except for the gauges, and yes, I do use cockpit view. And even the gauges are difficult to see past my actual wheel controller. I could care less about safety harnesses and fire extinguishers, I'd never see them. But I do see the "visual representation" (to be politically correct) of people on a race track in a race car competing in competition with no helmet and no racing suit.
-
I better control my anger
Ok, have we all gotten so ****ing bored, that this is what we are bitching about now, a ****ing hex value changed?! This is quite pathetic. If a server wants to tell you to **** off becuase you're using a changed driver model, fine, **** off. It's not that hard to understand. Either grow up, stop being twelve, and use a proper driver model, or go to another ****ing server, becuase chances are, if it's telling you to **** off for using a driver model, you're probably the wrong person to be in that server.
how does this app work anyway?
Player hacker? It literally changes a hex value in your .ply file to a hex value between 0 and 23 (I think).
Quote from manchestersfinest :i think the choice should be with the guy running the lfs server
but the car skins arnt so important surely......

does anyone know if there is telemetry & map data for all pro race courses if so just how hard would it be to incorparate into lfs
remember unreal it came with unreal ed(in my opinion to add to the lasting appeal of this game)a map editor or designer would be a plus

why cant we have 100's of cars or like gt4 750plus all of them upgradable?? ,

Read the OP, this thread is about the driver models, NOT track and car mods.
Drifters/ricer hybrids :eyeroll: =)
+1
#92 - SamH
Quote from Fuel Filter :Drifters :lol:

..from Manchester..:rolleyes:

Actually touches on an interesting thought. Playing UT2004, my friends and I created our own model skins from photos. It was a pain in the butt to send them around to everyone, but we were a determined bunch. It's not too great a leap from the helmet skins we have now to a no-visor version using a skinned face from our own photos. It'd be quite a nice compromise between the two camps if we could do that in LFS. There's plenty of space on the existing skin template for us to do it, too
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, have we all gotten so ****ing bored, that this is what we are bitching about now, a ****ing hex value changed?! This is quite pathetic. If a server wants to tell you to **** off becuase you're using a changed driver model, fine, **** off. It's not that hard to understand. Either grow up, stop being twelve, and use a proper driver model, or go to another ****ing server, becuase chances are, if it's telling you to **** off for using a driver model, you're probably the wrong person to be in that server.

Did you even read the hole thread before you've posted? I assume after reading your ridiculous comment that you didn't. This is what tinyk was talking about and just to make you happy, youre not alone, tristancliffe is once again as stupid and ignorant as you are (where "once again" is pointed at tc just to sort that out). :woohoo:illepall

Quote from SamH :Actually touches on an interesting thought. Playing UT2004, my friends and I created our own model skins from photos. It was a pain in the butt to send them around to everyone, but we were a determined bunch. It's not too great a leap from the helmet skins we have now to a no-visor version using a skinned face from our own photos. It'd be quite a nice compromise between the two camps if we could do that in LFS. There's plenty of space on the existing skin template for us to do it, too

+1 well put, but i think this solution would be placed at the very end of the to-do-list, if ever considered to be added. Question would be, would you allow these models, at least at road car's class at CTRA? I mean hey, what do i need a helmet for when there's not even a rollcage installed?
Yes, from the one who cannot spell "whole", I'm stupid and ignorant?

Funny...
Quote from 510N3D :youre not alone, tristancliffe is once again as stupid and ignorant as you are (where "once again" is pointed at tc just to sort that out). :woohoo:illepall

I see nothing wrong with what Tristan said. I wouldn't call Tristan ignorant in anything that doesn't have to do with oval racing discussion. Well, maybe the "stupid" comment that he made I think is wrong, as I don't agree with freely calling others stupid whether deserved or not. Very often Tristan brings forth helpfulness to the forums (as long as it isn't his oval opinion ) Very rarely do I see ignorance coming from Tristan. Some arrogance maybe, but not ignorance.

There seems to be a distinct two different types of LFS racers. Those that take it quite seriously, like I do, Tristan does, Jakg does, and countless others that I normally race with, or enjoy racing with, then there are those that comment that it's "just a game" such as Ian suggested in his posts. For those who take it quite seriously, there are leagues and systems like the CTRA that hold their events to a "professional" level. But, even the serious LFS'er still likes to race in public, and though it is a bit more relaxed with less lap races, more of a "friendly" competition, the serious LFS'er would still like to see a bit of "professionalism" out on the public servers.

I like to have fun when I'm on public servers, but I still try to hold a bit of "professionalism" such that I won't not have a helmet on my driver, be offensive in chat to others, smash people off the track with a "must win at all cost" mentality, or berate other maybe slower racers calling them names. Folks who do any or all of these on the servers are indeed acting like "15 year olds", though that doesn't mean that they are 15. Adults and the kids alike act like this on the servers, as well as there are plenty of "kids" out there of the age of 15, 16, or even younger that act like adults that you wouldn't even know they were kids.

It's a bit late past bedtime and I'm rambling here. I'm not even going to proof-read like I normally do and I'm just hitting "submit".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, from the one who cannot spell "whole", I'm stupid and ignorant?

Funny...

Well, im thinking of a couple of reasons:

1. If you're born in 1892, im truly sorry that you've got still a problem with such trivial things.

2. I have not found a single person in this thread that was demanding anything regarding this issue but you may correct me. On the contrary almost everyone agreed that it shouldn't be used in league races since this is obviously something different, thinking about broadcasting and the general seriousness that is involved.

Quote from al heeley :OMG! The depth of feeling about something I find utterly trivial, I really don't care a jot what the driver model in other players cars look like, it's amazing how much people can get wound up about this sort of thing.

Quote from SamH :If someone wants to drive a race without a helmet, then it should be their choice. By the same token, if a server operator decides to have a modicum of very basic/fundamental scrutineering on their server, they should also be able to do that. The whole relationship between what you can wear and what an event holder can require you to wear is a new aspect of realism that can only be seen as a plus for LFS.

period.

3. You where able to edit your last comment just in time to avoid the "edited last" status message but i was still able to read where you where telling me that you have got a steering wheel that can also steer to the right which explains almost everything that is in your very first comment which was indeed quite exaggerated.

4. You've spelled "becuase" wrong several times so how dare you canadian bloke facing me my very own misstakes Besides, my mother language is not english so you will have to find another way to make me look ridiculous.

So yes, since i dont know you in personal (and i correct myself at this point) i call your comments plain stupid, like it or disprove my arguments so i can apologize but i assume you would ignore that as well.

Quote from mrodgers :I see nothing wrong with what Tristan said. I wouldn't call Tristan ignorant in anything that doesn't have to do with oval racing discussion. Well, maybe the "stupid" comment that he made I think is wrong, as I don't agree with freely calling others stupid whether deserved or not. Very often Tristan brings forth helpfulness to the forums (as long as it isn't his oval opinion ) Very rarely do I see ignorance coming from Tristan. Some arrogance maybe, but not ignorance.

Alright you got me (doesn't arrogance includes ignorance? ), but i doubt that he and dawesdust would ever consider entering such conversations without leaving "stupid statements" behind so why should i waste my time and try to solve this the way it should be? I know that they are able to create highly detailed and qualitativ comments regarding several challenging topics and this is why im always surprised when i see such rubbish comming from the same persons.

Quote from tristancliffe :Without exception the people that use this mod are either below 15 years old (i.e. immature, and needing to impress) or just stupid. I doubt any have any qualifications or prospects.

I am not alone in my opinion on this matter.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, have we all gotten so ****ing bored, that this is what we are bitching about now, a ****ing hex value changed?! This is quite pathetic. If a server wants to tell you to **** off becuase you're using a changed driver model, fine, **** off. It's not that hard to understand. Either grow up, stop being twelve, and use a proper driver model, or go to another ****ing server, becuase chances are, if it's telling you to **** off for using a driver model, you're probably the wrong person to be in that server.

For the sake of completeness and a good laugher...
If you look at most of my posts, because is mis-spelt, just because I'd rather tirade then go back and swap 2 ****ing letters.
Quote from mrodgers :There seems to be a distinct two different types of LFS racers. Those that take it quite seriously, like I do, Tristan does, Jakg does, and countless others that I normally race with, or enjoy racing with, then there are those that comment that it's "just a game" such as Ian suggested in his posts.

dont mistake taking the race seriously for taking the evironment seriously which is indeed a game for christs sake

your sitting in front of a monitor in a presumably comfy chair holding a piece of plastic in your hands ... how anyone can take this environment seriously is beyond me
I don't think it's the environment that's the problem, it's the way people treat the tool they have.

You could argue that only the GTRs and Formula classes require full racing gear, but don't track days require to to have some kind of personal safety equipment (I don't know, I don't drive)? Since you race on tracks in LFS and not streets, the same rules should apply.

I'm with a few people in this thread - I couldn't really care less whether it's allowed or not. I don't use the model hack, and I'm not paying that much attention to any one car to see the driver. But if servers want to block it they can. Once the slightly more important features have been dealt with, I assume Scawen will deal with this as he sees fit.
We probably have a graphic engine upgrade to go before then, and that might screw things up for people using it anyway.
Jesus... Four pages... There's no way I can be bothered to read that, so sorry if this has already been said.... BUT, why do people get so upset about this, while the GTRs probably have a cupholder hidden somewhere by clock. Realism, my fanny...

If someone can actually be arsed to do a graphic job on the driver, then all I can say is "well done!". Now have a go at the dashboard.

Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG