The online racing simulator
Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
it has been said already (lots of times) you should of read the whole thread . someone said (i think it was sam H) that a 50/50 helmet could be good, i would agree. a rally type helmet would look sweet. or even a choice of different helmets. but as alot of others have also said, there's more important things to do/fix rather than a bit of eye candy.
Quote from dadge :but as alot of others have also said, there's more important things to do/fix rather than a bit of eye candy.

+1
Quote from Becky Rose :that doesnt meen i'm going to allow people in T-Shirts and sunglasses to race on my servers

Wow sunglasses! How do you do that ?

Four pages, and still counting...

<== sunglasses yeah!
I dont know why people even want to put on the player hack it looks god awful.... does not even look like real arms! atleast the overalls and gloves have details!.
Quote from lil chris :I dont know why people even want to put on the player hack it looks god awful.... does not even look like real arms! atleast the overalls and gloves have details!.

Yeah. I think you should be able to change the appearance....
It's been said that it takes from the realism, seeing some bald headed dummy in a race car. And they might be right. But what about a bald guy - with tattooed arms? I can visualize seeing that happen. Or maybe be able to put on an eye patch!, You know if a bald guy with a tattoo was to race in a race, he would probably have an eye patch from racing like that before. And you know, the bald guy in a race car really is sort of realistic if you think about it. Like how many times do real racers forget to put on their helmets? The act of putting on a helmet for a race car driver is a redundant occupational activity. just like making a back-up disc is for an accountant or putting in the correct date on a log form is for a police officer. I'm sure all of you with jobs or chores have something they do almost without thinking about it. and you know that sometimes that some little extraneous detail will happen and you will forget to do this routine... Well it's bound to happen to them too, isn't it? The way I see it, there's probably 5 to 10 races somewhere on the planet a year where some idiot gets side tracked right before a race and forgets to put on their helmet. I mean think about it.
Yeah, you just don't get that kind of realism with rFactor. Isn't LFS just great?
I was about to say the same thing don't get stressed, it's a game and not REAL LIFE. damm ure like the people who use report button because some one has borrowed some ones account or something, damm GET A LIFE.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg : GRRRR! My internet appears to even corrupt my posts now!
#107 - Rob
Quote from tristancliffe :Without exception the people that use this mod are either below 15 years old (i.e. immature, and needing to impress) or just stupid. I doubt any have any qualifications or prospects.

I am not alone in my opinion on this matter.

No but you're being completely pompus and stuck up your own behind. Wtf does it matter if someone doesn't look like a racer. This is after all just a game...

Sim snobbery!...
This is the thing. It is NOT just a game. It's trying to be as serious as it can be.

Serious does NOT equal soem guy wearing no helmet in a BF1
You know, every cloud has a silver lining... Maybe with some league races - there could be a concours (? Skin/ helmet skin) competition as well. That would help do two things. Get rid of the bald guy and have more cool helmet skins to d/load. When I used to race slot cars, we used to do that during some races. It didn't add to the realism one bit, but it did add a new level to the racing somehow. I dunno I wish we could still be able to put skins on the driver. But that includes everything from an exact replica of a Budweiser driver suit to a decaying zombie in overalls.... A decaying zombie IN a Budweiser suit... yeah

I'm not much for joining teams or leagues (no time), but I would consider trying out for one if it's members used driver skins of Fat Albert and the Cosby kids. Anyone can have a goofy red suit with a
yellow shield with a black horse on it... But to be Weird Harold????
i want my driver to have a different change of clothes for every day of the week and for when he wets himself at south city long in 80 bhp skips on slicks.
Quote from richy :i want my driver to have a different change of clothes for every day of the week and for when he wets himself at south city long in 80 bhp skips on slicks.

you read my mind ! +111111

what about a Macdonald's/type R civic and have a shirt that says " want some civic burger with Vtec sauce ?? "
Quote from tristancliffe :Without exception the people that use this mod are either below 15 years old (i.e. immature, and needing to impress) or just stupid. I doubt any have any qualifications or prospects.

I am not alone in my opinion on this matter.

I'm 14, never bothered with the Player Hacker mod. So I guess, there is at least one exception.
My opinion, the models other than those wearing "lids" should be ditched altogether. Possibly like a lot of others, I think they not really even great looking.
i don*t want to be the **** now, but at the end of the day: the player model does not make the driver or the opponent faster or slower in any kind of way. so where is the problem?

ok i see a reason if you do broadcasting and want to have all drivers wearing helmets, but it still does not have any influence on the race itself.

it COULD have an influence if you force the driver view to cockpit and the helmet gets dirty during a race like in F1 1997 (yeah that was 10 years ago...) but at the moment i see no problem with people wearing no helmet... its actually always a good laugh sometimes.

btw. i drive WITH helmet ALL THE TIME
I understand your point of veiw, but what we are talking about is that is looks extremely ugly and stupid too. If the drivers had been more detailed, well then it could may work, but to look at arms that is like this [ ] sucks, and it looks hell`of`a`lot better with the racing suit on.
Quote from SamH :If someone wants to drive a race without a helmet, then it should be their choice. By the same token, if a server operator decides to have a modicum of very basic/fundamental scrutineering on their server, they should also be able to do that. The whole relationship between what you can wear and what an event holder can require you to wear is a new aspect of realism that can only be seen as a plus for LFS.

Where would you draw the line at? Would it be ok to use a car hack that replaces mirrors with water melons or BF1 model with a shopping cart?
Quote from frokki :Where would you draw the line at? Would it be ok to use a car hack that replaces mirrors with water melons or BF1 model with a shopping cart?

That would be fine, I don't think that data is transmitted online.

Unless I'm missing the watermelons option, there are a lot of hidden options...
Quote from GTR_Yuni :I'm 14, never bothered with the Player Hacker mod. So I guess, there is at least one exception.

No, its the other way. If someone older than 15 would use this thing it would be an exception.
He said that everybody who uses the player hacker is younger than 15. Not that everybody younger than 15 uses the player hacker.

Oh, and +1 to the OP.
Quote from xaotik :[OT]
This made me think of "Live For Suits: The Online Garment Simulator" - where everyone is in tie and suit walking around holding briefcases. With visible shoe sole deformation!

Hardcore players of it would be all about creases and smart colour combinations while many people in the forums would demand different types of shoe soles and ofcourse you'd get people demanding jeans and sweaters while the main community insisted it was "Live For Suits! Not some slacker simulation!"

That has to be the funniest thing I've read, over three different racing forums, all night

This thing have a kudos button?
Used to, people abused it, removed because of abuse.
I wasn't entirely serious about the Kudos thing .. but am somewhat envious of the pie in your avatar... has to be cheese and onion
Lmfao some people take gaming far to serious, does it really matter wat clothes you got on
Lol @ this subject, i really don´t care about ppl wearing helmets or not... tbh, like 2 months ago i bought myself a nice Logitech MOMO and was so ... how to say ... euphoric, happy like a little child on christmas, that i thought to myself it´s time for some changes - so i threw away the helmet (yes, guilty me). well, few days later i reserved one profile in LFS which uses a helmet for the CTRA servers, and then i kinda forgot about it - until i read about it here.

Well, you might think it´s just spam i write here, but i´ll come to an end soon: although i think it doesnt really matter on public servers what you wear, in leagues/events it might be different imo. My team just joined BOTT, i was in the latest race (XFR@westhill) with no helmet, and i simply want to apologise for that. just in case womeone wanna make a video out of the replays, don´t pick my car. well, chances are rare that i´ll be in the video anyway, as i wasnt on server 1 ... not in the top ten ... alright, i didnt even finish , but still, my apoligy stands, and i´ll wear proper outfit in the next BOTT race which i´ll be part of again. that´s all

btw i´m 25, and maybe it happened because i just don´t like uniforms...
Quote from DJMOZ :Lmfao some people take gaming far to serious, does it really matter wat clothes you got on

Some people don't take racing sims as a game, but take it as a replication of something that they can't do in real life, which is auto racing. It's the closest we can come to racing without the cash to do it for real. WoW is a game to be played. LFS is a simulator to be raced, and some take that racing close to very seriously.
I would say that it has not that much with realism to do, that people dislike the player hack thingy, but I think people don`t like it because it just looks...well i t looks just ugly The arms are like boxes from Doom 1 arms and it looks horrible when the rest of the graphics are fair good enough.

Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG