The online racing simulator
Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
Player Hacker rant
WTF is it with people using the player hacker on racing servers

I can understand it on cruise servers, but WHY THE HELL would you turn up to a race server with no helmet and in street clothes. In RL, they'd insist you were in a race suit and helmet before you raced, right? I know the CTRA has such a system and I applaud it, I'd be interested if somebody would PM me how it works, I'm aiming to put something similar on the TE servers.

It annoys me beyond belief when somebody comes into a crowded race server with a player hacker model, and just thinks its ok

IMO, there should be no need or reason for people to use those models on racing servers

DK

EDIT: IMO (and I don't mean to sound harsh), anyone joining with such a model should be kicked with a note saying what they did wrong and how to fix it
#2 - DeKo
i can understand that it looks bad for leagues and for movies and stuff, but is it really that big a deal?
#3 - ajp71
Completely agreed with the OP

@Deko yes it is.
Quote from DeKo :i can understand that it looks bad for leagues and for movies and stuff, but is it really that big a deal?

@Deko: Immersion, Realism.

Would you want to be sitting next to a guy on (let's say for argument's sake) the British GP grid who is wearing no helmet, and no overalls? It ruins the immersion of LFS and ruins the realism. Part of the enjoyment of LFS for me and other racers is that everyone's wearing the correct clothing.

DK

EDIT: Beaten by ajp71. I'm slow
Without exception the people that use this mod are either below 15 years old (i.e. immature, and needing to impress) or just stupid. I doubt any have any qualifications or prospects.

I am not alone in my opinion on this matter.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Part of the enjoyment of LFS for me and other racers is that everyone's wearing the correct clothing.

[OT]
This made me think of "Live For Suits: The Online Garment Simulator" - where everyone is in tie and suit walking around holding briefcases. With visible shoe sole deformation!

Hardcore players of it would be all about creases and smart colour combinations while many people in the forums would demand different types of shoe soles and ofcourse you'd get people demanding jeans and sweaters while the main community insisted it was "Live For Suits! Not some slacker simulation!"
@OP: I agree
YES! +1
it really distracts me too...
when you race in a formula and look to the side to see if there is a obstacle, and see a guy going around 250 kph with no gloves, suit and helmet, it really makes you pay attention to that... distracts from racing
I for one don't mind it as long as I get a good race they could all be dressed as tellytubbies.

I know it p*sses alot of you guys/gals off but if the racing is good who cares?
yeah, distracting & a bit silly.
Quote from xaotik :[OT]
This made me think of "Live For Suits: The Online Garment Simulator" - where everyone is in tie and suit walking around holding briefcases. With visible shoe sole deformation!

Hardcore players of it would be all about creases and smart colour combinations while many people in the forums would demand different types of shoe soles and ofcourse you'd get people demanding jeans and sweaters while the main community insisted it was "Live For Suits! Not some slacker simulation!"

That made me laugh, nice one.
@DieKolkrabe: I agree, and as you mentioned the CTRA software prevents their use - in answer to your question it is detectable in insim in the NPL packet, it is documented as "Model".
Thanks, can you PM me on how I may be able to put such a system on my servers?

DK
This is why i have two players. Moo.Frenchy for racing servers, and Frenchy^0204 for cruise servers. Keeps everyone happy
-1....i think its a cool thing
Quote from harjun :-1....i think its a cool thing

but you also thought you could overclock a laptop...........
Quote from dadge :but you also thought you could overclock a laptop...........

yes, i DID ...
Quote from harjun :yes, i DID ...

no, you didn't. for it to be overclocked, it has to be stable. this is one thing you did not get from your little adventure. just looking at your previous posts on multiple threads (started by you), even my 7 year old nephew got a good laugh out of it. but anyways, the driver hack does'nt look cool nor does it look real. i wouldn't mind it if it were a close representation of an actual person (not giving the creator and stick here).
dadge has a point. The biggest limiting factor in CPU performance is heat and in laptops heat is a commodity that the designers have to work around and determines the CPU's that are installed and available, it's why laptops are not as fast as desktops. If you did not solve the heat problem then you didnt so much overclock your lap top as you did break it - but hopefully no permanent damage done and the components will continue to work at normal operating speed for years to come...
no...the load temps for 60, thats not so hot
Quote from harjun :no...the load temps for 60, thats not so hot

Harjun... with all the possible respect... STFU! I I think i speak for everyone here on that...

And please... i think becky knows what she is talking about mate...
Quote from harjun :no...the load temps for 60, thats not so hot

just so we can guage what hot is, you can fry an egg with only 35°C, you're nearly double that. in my book, 60°C is hot.
OMFG not again harjun.

Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG