The online racing simulator
LFS is the best online game to get, you dont need passworded servers to get away from nubs. Conedodgers provides some great racing. Also Redline racing, and we cant be forgetting CTRA :P

I agree with the A.I on BMW challenge being pretty good, but i dont agree about the physics, they seem pretty average to me, not outstanding
The physics of M3 challenge are quite a bit off. I can drift a XRR with next to no lock for quite some time, but M3 seems to be unpredictable at best. Still fun as a freebie is about as much as I can say on the matter.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :LFS is the best online game to get, you dont need passworded servers to get away from nubs. Conedodgers provides some great racing. Also Redline racing, and we cant be forgetting CTRA :P

Oh and Nathan, your beloved cruise servers

Seriously though, there is great racing in many servers like Frenchy mentioned, CTRA being my favourite servers
:ices_rofl
^Second that!
managed a 2.15.2 and a 1.39.0
Damn 2 days of racing and i can't manage to get descent laptime Maybe it's because i play with mouse...

I got some questions if you have time to answer them ...:
How are you driving this M3? When do you shift up (at witch rev)? Is it better to go to the redline or to shift earlyer? At wich rev do you down shift?

It's a shame that BMW didn't ask to the LFS dev to make this game, it would have been awsome.
Quote from deggis :is RealFeel converted for GTR2/GTL?

No. Neither GTR2 nor GTL support plug-ins so it's not possible to port RealFeel over.

Quote from Gabkicks :has it been converted to rfactor yet ?

Someone's working on it: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14664

I didn't like the car at all in M3 Challenge but I'm actually having a lot of fun with it in GTR2 using LFS's FXO settings. The car is nice and smooth and predictable and can be easily drifted through corners yet it still has enough power to keep things interesting. It's a really pleasant surprise because I didn't think GTR2 was capable of such subtle dynamics.
Quote from shadow2kx :Damn 2 days of racing and i can't manage to get descent laptime Maybe it's because i play with mouse...

I got some questions if you have time to answer them ...:
How are you driving this M3? When do you shift up (at witch rev)? Is it better to go to the redline or to shift earlyer? At wich rev do you down shift?

It's a shame that BMW didn't ask to the LFS dev to make this game, it would have been awsome.

I just had a quick hour on it and I really like it, it's like a good rFactor or GTR2 feeling i'm getting, I've just had a couple of races and done a 2.12.9 twice, the second time I went through the chicane sideways as it was the last lap and even braking 10M to early didn't help the fading brakes.

So upchanging...I think the red starts at 8thousand rpm? Well it's about 8500rpm when I upshift, half way into the red, it might not be faster but I love the sound. Downshifting is about feeling, because really by the time you look at the rpm it will be to late to downshift anyway, just downshift in quick succession so the revs are pretty high each time.
Yeah a few of us Mercury newbs have been playing it and Id say its pretty bloody good. I'm no fan of ISI type simulators cause they all feel totally turd but this doesn't feel half bad, I think my best time on GP so far is a 2.12.2XX - Barros is close to knocking the 2.11's.

The psychics are ok - It seems to want to understeer where you expect it to over steer and vice versa, other then that you can't moan for a freebie! Lets hope they decide to give away a brand new M3 for the competition winner
You Mercury boys using BILSTEIN and no driving aids?
yup
#164 - Woz
Ok, I spent a while with this "sim". Looks like their normal package in that I get lockups in the menus. This bug has been in EVERY sim they have released from GTR onwards, it is known about yet still they wont fix it. Is it that hard to make a user interface that allows user interaction?

The times I managed to get on track I found its the normal ISI stuff. Why is it when the car gets loose ISI feel the FF should react like you have taken off and are floating above the track. All feeling and feedback stops, its like they just turn off the motors because they don't know what they should simulate. Better to do nothing instead of getting it wrong I guess

I guess the real question is does the real feel plugin work with this sim? Might make the car feel ok. I couldn't tell if the physics were ok because I couldn't tell what the car was actually doing most of the time because of the FF.

I like the day/night transition thing but always did after I saw in rTractor, hope it finds its was into LFS at some point.

A free sim that managed to stay on my HD for one evening
Had a bit of fun online. But the car understeers soooo much, kinds feels like FWD then RWD if you try to make it slide.

1:38.5xx for me on the Sprint course after 30 mins, but man.... people online really race dirty Fun teaser game to say the least. I haven't played with it much so far.

Bilstein and no aids.
Well, tbh, I stopped racing online for 3 reasons, the impression I get from most online users on the track, from the way they chat are complete arseholes and besides, my PC has a tough time driving with a full grid so I just thought "screw it". I'll be giving the BILSTEIN a proper go tonight to see what kind of times I can get. I love the BILSTEIN because its so stable under braking and then it bites into the apex and then you can just floor it without worrying about the rear sliding, my kind of setup I guess .
[quote=Leprekaun;551381]Well, tbh, I stopped racing online for 3 reasons, the impression I get from most online users on the track, from the way they chat are complete arseholes and besides, my PC has a tough time driving with a full grid so I just thought "screw it". I'll be giving the BILSTEIN a proper go tonight to see what kind of times I can get. I love the BILSTEIN because its so stable under braking and then it bites into the apex and then you can just floor it without worrying about the rear sliding, my kind of setup I guess .[/quowte]

el my game doenst work at all its verry slow and hackels and thats strange caus this pc is a 2006 moddel

anyone who know whats wrong cous im not that into computers
atleast the techinical aspects of them

I wil try to give you some info about this pc wish me luck for someone who doenst know what that kind of stuf really does

It has a AMD Athlon 64+3000
and 2,oo Ghz,
512MB
Is that good ore is it bad??
and what is your GFX card??
Right mouse button on the desktop -> Properties -> Settings page and there it should be
I've chucked it around and it's rather fun, and excellent for something that's free. Doesn't feel like LFS and the car feels lower than it would be.

Worth downloading for a bit of fun.

EDIT : Someone coverted it to GTR2? Where?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :and what is your GFX card??

Its a NVIDIA GeForce FX5200

1024x728 reslolution

32 bits
avoid 32 bits Chris. Trust me, they may make a very slight difference in the colours but its hardly noticeable . I'm using 800x600 but then again, I have to because of my shite processor and gfx card
Leprekaun: I think the he just listed what was said in the properties window like I described above... so he wasn't talking about the game gfx settings
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its a NVIDIA GeForce FX5200

I have an FX5200 too, and it's pretty slow by today's standards. In LFS your fps count may be fine -- in LFS the processor seems to be the major factor.

M3 Challenge is harder on the graphics card. I set it to 800x600, 16 bits, DirectX 8, and with all graphics options at "low". I got a fame rate that is barely acceptable, in single player mode.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG