The online racing simulator
Anyone found out how to change the car ini file yet?
Quote from BlackEye :I had that problem in all ISI games :/.
It usually starts to pick up throttle around half way pressed pedal.
Brake on the other hand seemed fine at the time and all options are ok (same as bbman's).

Any cure for this?

Try to re-assign throttle axis, that fixed it for me.
Quote from spankmeyer :Anyone having trouble with some kind of a forced dead zone on the throttle pedal? Doesn't show up anywhere else or other games.

the problem is that all isi sims come preset with a split axis brake/throttle setting ... so if you just reassign the brake the throttle will still only pic up starting at 50% (axis+ vs axis in the settings)
EDIT: look two posts above :doh:
Quote from sixfour :You have to assign the brake pedal before the throttle in older isi based sims, or else you might get this bug

Testing that tonight, thank you sir!

Oh and a sidenote: I think the M3 Challenge is a lot of fun for a freebie.
I think this is pretty wonderful! I've been playing the Race demo lately so I'm getting used to the way these ISI cars behave. M3 Challenge feels better than Race, the graphics are more optimised and fluid (strange, because the track looks much more detailed than the tracks in Race), cockpit is nicer, UI is more responsive. It's just better overall. I'm really happy with it- and it's free. Yay!
Someone has ported the car to GTR2. It feels much better to me in GTR2 even using the default setup.

Also, whereas in M3 Challenge you can't change the setup of the car and the game stops working if you edit certain of the physics files, in GTR2 you can tweak the setup in to improve handling and the physics files can be edited too. Increasing the stiffness of the front and rear ARBs really brings the car to life.

I'm sure it will soon be ported to rFactor too.
It is ok for a freebie and I found the car handled alot better if you switch to the non standard suspension (can't remember who makes it) Messing around trying to power slide it works but it seemed to me almost like power sliding the fxr. You get the oversteer but keep the wheels straight as if you countersteer you straighten up almost instantly and then just understeer.

Do like that you can drive down all the inner track roads for the marshals, although don't really get the point of the lane road thing out of the track.
Billstein suspension

Not sure why it's got different suspension in it though - surely if it's the promo for the M3 it should just have the standard stuff?

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight with the UKCT guys
DFP Settings:
FFB- 101 or 140%
Others- 0%
Center Spring ON but at 0%
Wheel turn 270 for linearity with in game wheel

In game FFB at 85 (if DFP is 101) or 35 (if DFP is 140)
Reverse FF effects

.PLR Tweaks:
Remove throttle vibe effects (set to 0.0)
Remove brake vibe effects (set to 0.0)

With these tweaks, you only feel the wheel turn without any of the vibration effects. These settings are based on RSC advice for GTR2.

The BMW game itself is a decent enough semi-sim and it's possible to have some sideways fun now the tyres feel half decent. Easily the best ISI-based one out there. However the feel of the wheel is strangely non-linear- the first 45 degrees each way feel heavy then go light after that??
Q: What is the difference of the two types of tires?
A: The two types of tires that can be selected only differ in their looks – their rims are different.

Q: What is the difference of the two available chassis?
A: As opposed to the standard chassis, the Bilstein chassis is optimized for racing. It therefore has a significant impact on the driving dynamics.
FTR the Billstein suspension is worth 5 secs a lap - i was having a go on the "short" course (after about 10 laps offline) and i went from 1:48's with massive bouts of understeer straight to a 1:42.

Aparently you can get at least a 1:38 from the Sprint track, but T1, T2 & T3 are just terrible on the entry if the front starts to understeer.
I thought the Bilstein setup understeered worse...
It feels a lot "catchable", (for some reason it acts like it's got a turbo - it suddenly gets all it power INSTANTLY, just as you were starting to wind off the lock). The last turn is still fairly ugly on the turn-in though (although maybe i need to brake more and apex sooner, and roll on the throttle...)

I ran it on "Level 2" AA on a 7950GT, but it should be able to do more.
Just went online- the quality of the other racers is pretty bad. Every corner there were people going off and whenever I caught up to a group of cars in quali, all of them seemed to spin at the next corner! I'm not THAT quick, yet I managed to set the fastest lap (2:26) within 3 laps of joining my first server!
a decent laptime is 2:14... with the sport suspension. i dont use dsc or tcs. some of u guys are losing tons of time somewhere.
Question - waht servers do you guys frequent? I was popping on the "#LFS" server (passworded with the password of "LFS" to keep those of IQ's under 5 out, so they'll be no Cruisers in there :P), although i'm kinda hoping that UKCT will enjoy it enough for a temporary server while i try to spring it on them as the combo for the next internal league race!
2:14:68 here. Around 2:10 possible for sure. NGK chicane and "coca cola" sucks bigtime. (still only at my 10th lap around the track).
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I love the ghost c... umm. tank

Its the usual ISI / Blimey that I wouldn't get too near too. Same old dreadfull skid sounds, slightly better tyre curves, 10cm too low centre of gravity, probably too much grip, silly bumps on the track...

As I hated rFactor / GTR / GTR2, this is firmly on the hate list as well. The Corvette I made for rFactor isn't perfect but quite surely a lot better than this effort..

And if BMW paid a six figure number, I think the few head screwed on ISI ''modders'' have full right to their fair share of that

If BMW did pay 6 figure numbers on that, then I think you should make on offer to GM that they cannot refuse
actually this one is quite decent and a lot better than race 07.
after bout 10 laps (never driven this track) i managed to to a 1:41.5 which isnt bad for me.
ofc all driving aids off

maybe ill meet some1 there!
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :actually this one is quite decent and a lot better than race 07.
after bout 10 laps (never driven this track) i managed to to a 1:41.5 which isnt bad for me.
ofc all driving aids off

maybe ill meet some1 there!

That was the sprint track

Here's my final time for today (GP track) No aids. Only turned the Steering wheel and hands off from the PLR file. The wheel is really annoying imo, even in LFS.
Attached images
m3cha.jpg
I played this a few moments ago and didn't like it too much. But I'd like to see it in the LFS engine, both car and track, could be fun
Ok, had a quick stab at the sprint track as well (3 laps). Neigh aids.
Attached images
m3cha2.jpg
i made 1:38,7 on short track with all help off (thats no ABS, no DSC and no TC). but then next race it copied slower time over :S
only done one lap on the long one. but i have this problem that id doesent run so good so i cant react very quickly if i slide
I got a 2:20 on the long track, after about 20 mins of practice (all aids off). Still haven't worked out the best line/braking points, and the first and last turns are hellish... But it's all good fun, I'm really enjoying this one.

Can't really work out where that 6 figure budget went though... Does it really cost that much to make a one track racing game?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG