The online racing simulator
Could someone please post the original folder for the car? I seemed to have cocked up the settings and now it won't work...:Kick_Can_:weeping:
just had my first race and while its quite fun to drive in the training session it is a real mess to race online, right at the start i saw 2 of 12 cars, then after 2-3 corners i suddenly had cars popping up out of nowhere, they drove through me and similar crazy stuff. i'm not sure if it was just bad luck or a laggy server but like that its impossible to do any racing and it made me see how good lfs's netcode is once again. i guess i will give it a second try later, still cant manage to get below 2.17 on the gp course

edit: here your files Blaeza
http://boost.am/209869/teams.zip.html

edit2: gave it another spin and everything went well no lags nothing and i'm down on low 2.14 now
Quote from Taavi(EST) :That was the sprint track

but i drive with gamepad which really sucks for steering
i might have to try mouse later but im not sure if its any good in this game.
Quote :some of u guys are losing tons of time somewhere.

I'm losing time in the horrific understeer. Maybe my braking points are way off, I don't know.
I just gave it a spin, and I actually thought it was pretty fun, best ISI based game I've played so far. I supposed I should dust off GTR2 and GTL and give the realfeel plugin a try.

I didn't really find any problems with understeer, the car actually felt fairly neutral. I could pretty easily steer it with the throttle, and even get the back end to step out trail braking into corners. It's no LFS, but feels pretty good to me.
Were you playing it with RealFeel? Does RF work with this game?
I have no idea what RealFeel even is. I was just saying I suppose I should give it a try with GTR2 and GTL, although I'm not sure it even works with those games.

I wasn't playing the M3 game with RF either, just normal.
Quote from TiJay :Were you playing it with RealFeel? Does RF work with this game?

is RealFeel converted for GTR2/GTL?
uncatchable spins ... tyres that drop off into nothingness and understeers like a pig

let me put it this way ... if i were in the market for a m3 and was told that this is how it drives ... id buy something else
I'd guess you can gain at least a second by cutting the last chicane and the first corner... But a 2'14 on the GP config should be quite easy to achieve without cutting if you just keep the momentum through the corners.
me and red scorpion b and b helwani, id say it would drop alot lower with setups.
Attached images
qual.JPG
If any of you want to try out the M3 in GTR2, download the port here: http://rapidshare.com/files/54 ... allenge_for_GTR2.rar.html

The M3 Challenge Nurburgring tracks have also been ported to GTR2 and can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Z0YDW3E

Also, out of curiousity I wanted to see how an LFS like car would handle in an ISI game so I modified the M3 physics in GTR2 to use some settings taken from the FXO Turbo. I know, I know, they're two totally different kind of cars but this was just an experiment. Surprisingly, the changes made the car handle less like a pregnant hippo and more like a sporty coupe. The modified spring rates, ARB settings, ride heights, differential settings, tyre pressures etc are not at all realistic for an M3 but the car's a lot more fun to throw around the track now.
has it been converted to rfactor yet ?
Quote from BuddhaBing :If any of you want to try out the M3 in GTR2, download the port here: http://rapidshare.com/files/54 ... allenge_for_GTR2.rar.html

The M3 Challenge Nurburgring tracks have also been ported to GTR2 and can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Z0YDW3E

Also, out of curiousity I wanted to see how an LFS like car would handle in an ISI game so I modified the M3 physics in GTR2 to use some settings taken from the FXO Turbo. I know, I know, they're two totally different kind of cars but this was just an experiment. Surprisingly, the changes made the car handle less like a pregnant hippo and more like a sporty coupe. The modified spring rates, ARB settings, ride heights, differential settings, tyre pressures etc are not at all realistic for an M3 but the car's a lot more fun to throw around the track now. For those interested in trying it out, the modified HDC file is attached. It only works with GTR2; modifying the HDC file in M3 Challenge causes the game to stop working.

To install the modified HDC into GTR2, first install the M3 mod given in the first link above and then copy the attached HDC file into the GTR2\GameData\Teams\BMW M3 Challenge\BMW M3 folder. Make a backup of the original HDC first so that you can revert back to it. In-game, use the default setup.

You CAN modify the files, BUT ONLY when the game is running. I had a nice 1400 nm of torque through the whole of the powerband yesterday, but 4th,5th and 6th would not wheelspin. All I got was massive clutch slip!
Quote from Shotglass :uncatchable spins ... tyres that drop off into nothingness and understeers like a pig

let me put it this way ... if i were in the market for a m3 and was told that this is how it drives ... id buy something else

Yes, I wonder what an earth would they think at BMW factory, when crappy used Volvo 300 series starts to beat their M3 in sales, at least that might happen if they test volvo300mod and this game, even I find that a bit pervert situation
Playing this game reminds me of playing TOCA with the tank...
Quote from f1r3b4ll :Playing this game reminds me of playing TOCA with the tank...

You mean they mixed up the M3s? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Lee :P

Anyway. I think the game which is just a crappy GTR (or GTL whatever) demo with a new car, is not really made to market the M3 at all but BMW in general, dooh. It's a 100k euro car so I you had to be a bit loaded to get one in the first place, although you can always dream about it, or get a normal BMW. Six figures is bargain for an advertising campaign that runs on its own. Soon everyone with internet connection knows how l33t BMW is giving away free games and all, and there might be someone with loads of cash AND internet connection out there, so they might buy one! But it's still fasinating how people go crazy when they get something free, even if it's a bit modified old demo.
Hmm, I must ask how much Volvo is willing to pay for me
Well, after 2 days of squeezing out the M3, I got a 2:16.353 with the standard suspension and no driving aids and got a 2:13.179 with the BILSTEIN suspension system so me says... GO BILSTEIN!!! . Having all the aids on, I remember getting a 2:15.240 with the standard suspension but its no fun at all . The game is called M3 CHALLENGE after all so if its not challenging, you're playing the wrong game

OT: <- ooo! post no. 666 :evil:
Attached files
LepM3Laps.rar - 169.5 KB - 134 views
Like LFS? Need AI? check out BMW Challenge
BMW Challenge is the new Online and Single player game from Blimey Games - You know, the Simbin breakaway led by Ian Bell.

LFS is a great sim, however it really caters for online players. All I seem to encounter on the LFS servers is a bunch of juvenile idiots driving the wrong way and generally fooling about - pretty boring. I'm sure the better races are the password protected ones. I'm too busy to join a group, I need an instant fix!

Needing to race decent AI, I looked at all the other games on the market and played the demos, GTR1(slippery nonsense)&2 (sticky nonsense) GTL, Race 06 (07 demo=lots of fun much more promising), RFactor (non-factor) all fell short until I played the recent released demo called BMW challenge.

This game does not yet have the sophisticated tire modeling of LFS, but the physics are OUTSTANDING. Very similar to LFS. It actually looks like the SIMBIN product, but my goodness! Ian Bell might have well have been playing LFS to get that result! I am very impressed. The AI is very, very good and only falls short at the start of a race when it is too easy to sneak past them - every game with decent AI suffers from this.

Anyway if like me, you enjoy LFS, but are losing interest because of a the lack of decent AI. Then check out this game from Blimey. I do not think you will be disappointed!
Hmm......popcorn and a comfy seat.........

?
Mmm, Spam.

It's still the ISI engine underneath...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG