The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :I always thought GTR2 screenies looked quite good...

... but when they're animated it looks awful!

And I hear LFS contact physics are bad? LOL!
Luckely dindt play al those games his is the firts ever decend pc i have (LFS works on it!!)and RBR look those are good Sim's
Quote from bbman :Apart from the grass, it sadly looks like a 1:1 copy from the previous games... Not really surprising, I certainly didn't think Blimey! would lift a finger for something they giving away for free...

Since the track was taken over from one other game, is it the long or the gp track?
Looks like the long track!

EDIT: Of f*ck, sry for doublepost...
#56 - JJ72
just the GP track right before the final chicane.
Oh...
Quote from deggis :and it also looks it's from the GP track

The claims that it looks like it's just the GP track are not strictly true. The 'Ring these days (as in, the Nordy), includes all of the GP circuit with the exception of the last corner. There's an exit to the Nordy from just after the Veedol S (and returns to the GP circuit in the middle of the Coca-Cola Kurve).
Does this mean there still is the chance to see the Nordschleife?
Guys, it was made for an exhibition! Do you seriously think Blimey! went through all the trouble to create the Nordschleife where no visitor would even get round decently, when they already have an up-to-date version from GTR² at their disposal? There is no way they included any more than the GP-track (maybe some short versions of that)... No VLN, no tourist config...
Let's see... downloading...

*positive feelings, come here, here...*
Track's decent, car is ****ing awful. I challenge anyone to get it to oversteer, or do anything exciting at all.

And I was right about the multiplayer - I got rammed by a wrong-way driver before I'd completed my first lap of qualifying, and the "race"... It was worse than anything I've seen on an LFS demo server!
make sure you turn off the dsc, and traction control . its still pretty grippy. is it a raceprepped m3 with slicks? or is it supposed to be the roadcar....? i've managed a 2:16 but that was only in 4 laps total of practice... i'm pretty familiar with the track so i should be able to go a few seconds faster... but i dont have time to play.
Kev, take those driving aids off. For an ISI car it handles prettu well. I'm off to some online driving now. Gotta learn that track first though. Fel, if you read this...
Meh, it's the typical ISI/SimBin/Blimey feel. If you like that sort of thing, you'll probably enjoy it. If you don't, you won't.

I'm disappointed, frankly. I expected Blimey!'s first release as an independent outfit to be much better than this tired old crap. It's like they're not even trying any more. A mod that is officially sanctioned by BMW, for which the developers presumably had access to the full range of BMW technical specs and to BMW engineers for more obscure data should be a hell of a lot better than this.

Thankfully, they have left the physics and player files open and at first glance these don't seem to be significantly different from the GTR2/rFactor files so it may be possible to improve the existing settings within the M3 Challenge framework itself or re-use some of the content in a mod for either GTR2 or rFactor.
Yup, turn off all driving controls, it's actually pretty good for a freebie, can drift nicely with the mouse, which is a bonus for an ISI based "sim".
cant wait til i get home to test this baby out
Imho this is pretty nice, especially coming from ISI/simbin/whoever. And it is free. Finally it is possible in ISI sims to steer with gas pedal although the body roll and weight shifting is a bit odd at times, espcially when coming off from the brakes. The braking is a bit iffy too - it is a bit hard to tell when you are braking at the limit but braking hard is one those things that come with time, even in LFS and especially in GPL . Lifting throttle causes the car to rotate quite abruptly but it is very controllable with smooth inputs and with more practise it might feel even good. But the main fun factor is that the car handles the way you know what to expect. No more icy spins!

One thing that bothers me is that the car still understeers a bit too much on some occasions although with smooth inputs this can be avoided too and it is not even nearly as annoying as it is in the earlier ISI sims...Other thing is that you don't need to lift when upshifting. Flatshifting like in LFS = me not like . Maybe it's a M3 electronics or not... I was told to check the .plr file so I might be able to turn that off. Maybe there are even more driving aids still on as watching the hotlap my brake lights flicker sometimes when I'm accelerating hard...

Looking around, the car is graphically quite nice too but at playable levels the game doesn't really look all that nice. Maybe it's my system* but I've kinda got used to low graphics in ISI sims to get the feel better (=more fps). The GUI is very nice imho and clean but could defenately use some touches on many places. Like the chat which is only available properly on its own place. It is a good thing that the game doesn't throw me around any more in the menus (like it does in Race 07) when the game changes to the next sequence (quali, practise, race). The sounds are a bit metallic, not what I would expect from a M3 but nothing bad really. The engine is quite quiet below 5k too.

And it has crashed few times already although I can reproduce the bug so I'll prolly send a mail to them...

And I beat RmachucA on fair fight. Chased him down and passed! When he was chasing me I did a new pb too. The grin on my face was at least 2 metres wide

*AMD64 3500+, Geforece 7800GT, 2gig ram
1280*1024*32 res, shaders on AUTO and level 1 AA
totally un encrypted too, so you can do what you like to it
www.m-power.com
Quote :"Bezahlt wird das Projekt, dessen Entwicklungskosten sechsstellig sein sollen, vorrangig durch BMW selbst. Zusätzliche Sponsoren wie Intel, Castrol und Sport1.de beteiligen sich an den Kosten, zudem will man Geld über zusätzliche Ingame-Werbung reinholen. Die vielfältigen Finanzierungswege haben einen Grund: Weil das Spiel selbst als Werbemittel natürlich an möglichst viele Konsumenten verteilt werden möchte, wird es kostenfrei über das Internet veröffentlicht werden."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The project, whose development costs should be six-digit, is paid with priority by BMW themselves. Additional sponsors such as Intel, Castrol and Sport1.de take part in the costs, besides one wants money over additional Ingame advertisement clean-gets. The various financing ways have a reason: Because the play would like to be naturally distributed as means of publicity at as much as possible consumers, it will be published free of charge over Internet.”

If thats true, Blimey did a nice rip-off
YEEEHU, downloading my favorite car game now hope to get something good
is there eny diffrence between the suspensions? me loves drifting m3

also managed a 2:21
Oh. I found where they hid the driving aids today. Thanks guys!

Agree with Hyper about the braking - it's hard to find the limit and I think that's what is keeping my lap times around the 2:25 mark. It also seems to nose in to the corner too easily when you lift, making it really easy to apex corners just how you want but never risking any sideways messing about. I found that a bit strange.

Overall it feels too much like RACE for my liking.
I guess I shouldnt even download it when I get 30 FPS max with low details on LFS!?!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG