The online racing simulator
Quote from axus :Yeah, you read correctly. Blimey are releasing a free online multiplayer sim with the new BMW M3. As a Blimey sim it's probably not going to be all that great, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Source:
http://www.digitaldisplacement ... ng-free-bmw-m3-challenge/

Shame they couldn't pick a decent car to release free.. but there again, they hardly produce anything worthy of charging for anyway, IMO but a BMW!? uGH! Any other car would have been better.

Regards,

Ian
Quote :Forget about free multiplayer being bad the GTR games don't have an effective registering/banning system, which by the looks of things makes wrecking common place.

Yes it does. I practiced for 2 days with GTR2 before venturing online, and realised straight away I had wasted 2 days. I then spent two entire evenings trying to get a clean race. I was unable to do so.

As an online game GTR2 is utterly pointless. All racing games should take a long hard look at the LFS licence system, it's absolutely vital to get half a chance at a clean race. Whilst GTR2 continue to ignore this the wider sim racing community remains pretty much in the dark ages when it comes to online play - the only way you can get an online race is with a private server or a league race.

It's ok on single player though, provided you dont mind driving a game written by somebody who's never seen a rear wheel drive car. I dont know if it was a conscious decision to make all cars understeer as that's easier to drive, but I find the physics really funny when I spin the rear wheels up and the front understeers in almost cartoon amusement.

They also need to throw away their force feedback system, fire it into space, and launch the worlds nuclear stock pile at it. Whilst replacing that with a system based around 'half a clue' they maybe should look at improving the responsiveness of controller inputs so that the game doesnt lag so far behind what the player is doing.

Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoy GTR2 in single player, particularly with the V8 Supercars mod (and FF effects switched off).
Well, IF the 'ring is the nordschleife and not the GP track, it's going to be fun, looking forward to race with my teammates on the ring.
Did you notice that the small pic in the news link is actually a full size screenshot... and it also looks it's from the GP track

Would be more logical as well: you can't expect expo visitors to get their way round the Nordschleife and even if you would, it would take way too long (you want to attract as many people as possible, not having them leave after they waited 2 hours to get 5 places nearer to playing it)...
Cheap engine.

All of them are cheap (GTR GTR2 RACE)

So this uses the same engine. Cheap.
Quote from bbman :Would be more logical as well: you can't expect expo visitors to get their way round the Nordschleife and even if you would, it would take way too long (you want to attract as many people as possible, not having them leave after they waited 2 hours to get 5 places nearer to playing it)...

Also if Blimey were to come up with a rendition of the Nordschleife then it would be very unlikely to be released in a slightly dressed up free demo. Can any GTL/RACE owners confirm if it looks any different to the previous GP track versions or is it a straight copy and paste?
Quote from deggis :Did you notice that the small pic in the news link is actually a full size screenshot... and it also looks it's from the GP track

Well, in the 24 hours the GP track is attached to the long one, so both are used. Could be.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Cheap engine.

More posts like this please. Shows well the retarted side of LFS community.
Quote from deggis :...

But what the hell does this mean: "as well as the detailed distance conversion of the Nürburgring, one of Europe’s most challenging race tracks", I know what distance means but I'm not native speaker, what does that mean in this case? Hints to track length?

Quote from Michael Denham :I've no idea what this means either, and english is my first language! I can only assume it's an intelligent sounding way of saying that the track will be accurately modelled.

Maybe it means that they are simply "converting" it from the real life by doing it not by actually visiting the track :dopey: (doing it from a distance ).

As long as it is possible to edit the tire physics I'm not too afraid. Gmotor2 seems to be able to do quite well just if you find/use the right values. Better than LFS on some small aspects imho.

M3 is imho the right choise for the car. imho, of course
#36 - w126
It's required to be registered to see the pic, could you please post it here?
The other slight issue I'm going to have with this is just how ugly they look, especially in white. Given the fact the the E46 M3 for rF is one of the best looking cars in any sim (and surprisingly fps friendly) with one of the better attempts at physics, that no doubt Blimey will not match the only thing it's missing is the V8. Well I'm sure I'll do some copying and pasting to my e46_upgrades.ini and head off to the real 'ring or maybe Spa...

Quote from Takumi_lfs :Cheap engine.

Please by all means destroy the ISI engine but try and use an argument that a mentally retarded chimp would have to think about before coming up with. There are lots of things bad about the ISI engine and SimBin/Blimey's hash at trying to redo the graphics engine. In fact it being cheap is one of the up sides of the ISI based sims, RACE/GTR2/GTL all can be found new for under £10 and rF is about the same as LFS, which is also a relatively cheap game.
For you Fabri
Were did i say that those games were cheap!?

The engine really sux. The car looks like Toys. How they move. etc.
The damage effect aint that great either.
maybe kangaloosh can make a realfeel plugin for it, so we dont have to drive with those crappy canned ffb efffects?
Quote from Gabkicks :maybe kangaloosh can make a realfeel plugin for it, so we dont have to drive with those crappy canned ffb efffects?

Easier just convert it to rF, gets rid of the inefficient Blimey engine mods and widens the track choice.
Quote from ajp71 :

Well never mind. You wont understand it. You dont even know what i mean by Cheap Engine. or your acting like?
Apart from the grass, it sadly looks like a 1:1 copy from the previous games... Not really surprising, I certainly didn't think Blimey! would lift a finger for something they giving away for free...
#48 - JTbo
Quote from Michael Denham :I've no idea what this means either, and english is my first language! I can only assume it's an intelligent sounding way of saying that the track will be accurately modelled.

For me that sounds phrase intended to misguide person to think track would be accurate, when it is actually GPL conversion, adjusted so that length of track is accurate, rest is less or even less.

Can be wrong of course, but that is how I read it
actually i think that sc is free,game isnt
be happy with what u get, even though it doesnt handle good as LFS or RBR or whatever, it looks good and i guess it will be much FUN, so dont have to be serious

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG