The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
I think we can saftly say it wont do 190mph.
The only engine Volkswagen have listed is the 2.0, not the 2.8. Even so, the jump between 150 and 190 is a LOT. iirc a Focus RS tops out at 153 MPH, and your not telling me that a Golf Diesel is faster than that...?

The W12 Phaeton does 155 from 450 HP (But it is REALLY heavy - and i suspect it's limited as a 250 hp one does 150 MPH), a 200 HP Passat pushes 146 MPH, and the "top of the range" 3.2 L R32 with 250 HP is good for 155 MPH - i doubt a diesel will do 190, unless you mean KM/h
I'm guessing it would be limited to 155mph anyway. But you know the Germans...
Attached images
goldwaagek.gif
Quote from The General Lee :I'm guessing it would be limited to 155mph anyway. But you know the Germans...

iirc thats a Gentlemans agreement, they are not bound to it, and people like Porsche never complied with it. Of course it's a good marketing ploy to say the car does 155 MPH as if you know about the limiting it makes you think it will go faster, while at the same time letting you tweak gear ratios for acceleration...
#106 - 2xM
Quote from Jakg :Speed does NOT kill, irresponsibility kills, stupidity kills

I agree...just today I was driving on a highway (speed limit 130km/h) and I caught a middle-aged woman in a new clio, with fog-lights turned on in the middle of a clear day . She was one of the worst drivers I've ever seen on highway - she started overtaking a caravan when she was at least 400m behind and when she finally got to him, she started braking - on the overtaking lane...I mean..how dumb can you be - overtake quickly or stay behind. Then when she finally got back to diving lane we overtook here (carefully and quickly )...5min after she flew pass us over 150 km/h...
5km later she was driving 120 in the middle of the road - on both lanes, causing traffic behind...
Interesting about these people is that when you pass them you look at them and see how "unrelaxed" they drive. Wheel below her chin, looking forward and nowhere else...

I would never say I'm a great driver, since I don't have much experience, but from time to time I go faster when I know I don't endanger the others

for those who lost their lives on the road I have to say I'm sorry, because IMO in 90% it isn't their fault...
i have really NO idea how fast me civic goes

its a typeR from 2000
140mph in my Ford Focus ST170 and yes on public roads. what can i say i hate slow drivers
Quote from orange_boy_uk :140mph in my Ford Focus ST170 and yes on public roads. what can i say i hate slow drivers

Silly billy.
Quote from grandma_07 :My dads VW Golf GTTDI V6 4motion Has 200 on the clock can do about 190

Did you drop it from a plane at 30000ft or something?
touareg 2007 V8 max speed 320kph
Quote from orange_boy_uk :what can i say i hate slow drivers

what do you drive an st 170 for then? why not buy something fast?
90 mph (145 kmh) on level ground, 94 mph (151 kmh) down a slight hill. I was in a deep tuck with the throttle pinned looking ridiculous on my little dirt bike.

2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa (KL250)
250cc single-cylinder, DOHC, air-cooled, 25HP @ 8000 RPM
Quote from theirishnoob :fastest ive gone is about 158 in a bmw m5 on the m50

Shame you didnt crash into the centre reservation.

Ps its limited to 155mph you phailure

And iirc (dont stab me if I'm wrong) the pug 205 1.9Gti wouldn't do 120mph, due to overly short gearing. WHEN BRAND NEW AND SHINEY

And indicated speeds are about 10-15mph higher at those kind of speeds.

Try 150 in the BM, as a more likely speed
Quote from theirishnoob :fastest ive gone is about 158 in a bmw m5 on the m50 ( middle of the night )

but ive gone 120 in a pug 205 on a circuit

Let me guess...you were driving...or you restored them before taking them on the motor way?
Quote from chanoman315 :touareg 2007 V8 max speed 320kph

*insert raised eyebrow*

Thats 198 MPH, 3 MPH slower than a Murcielago!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ps its limited to 155mph you phailure

But delimited it will push 200 (202 iirc) and you can have it derestriced by a garage, or when you buy it if you have a racing license i believe (or is that Mercedes).

I do wonder how many cars this guys driven / driven in considering last time his age was in his profile he was 14
What about your gilera DNA Jack? 29mph?
Quote from Jakg :*insert raised eyebrow*

Thats 198 MPH, 3 MPH slower than a Murcielago!

But delimited it will push 200 (202 iirc) and you can have it derestriced by a garage, or when you buy it if you have a racing license i believe (or is that Mercedes).

I do wonder how many cars this guys driven / driven in considering last time his age was in his profile he was 14

Its not easy to delimit. And if you did de-limit, why only go another 3 mph? (in his case)

(ps the new M5 will do 202. But i bet its not a new 06 M5, it was probbably the previous model)

As for how many cars he's driven, its probbably a big fat 0. The only thing that fool has driven supermarket round tescos. He may have learnt to drive, being taught by one of his parents (like me) and have driven from a young age, but i'd doubt that, since all he talks is Bull dung.
"Only" 170 km/h with my Sierra, cause of the short-geared 4-speed gearbox. RPM was on 6000 so I didn't try more.
???? and for the record the car has never let me down nor broke down.

I mean i normally just hit 100mph-110mph on the motorway.. depends on the time of day and traffic.

Only because i choose to drive a ford and not a skyline? I've done a few mods to the car, upping the BHP to 190bhp now, 0-60 time hasnt gone down much due to the car being on the heavy sidebut 0-60 is around 7.5sec.

Anyways always been into ford, say what you want.

Another car i would love to drive is the RS version, what a car.
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :What about your gilera DNA Jack? 29mph?

Well techincally it's delimited, so should do about 72.... KM/h (Can't get down to the garage to change the speedo with my foot), but i've actually got to get my CBT done to ride it first, so under my own power my top speed is about 5 MPH round the garden on it (I weren't pushing that thing from the drive (where it was delivered) to the garage that for some obscure reason is at the bottom (well techically the top as it's on an incline) of the garden), but Karting i've probably hit 35 or 40 (I'm not slow, but the Karts are - if only they'd let me out in the 270's :shrug, probably only ever done 95 in a car, as my Dad's not a very fast driver in a heavy-ass car, although i got a ride in a friend's Dad's TVR, wasn't fast in a straight line, but around a corner it was!
129mph (210KPH) in my Dads Subaru Impresa WRX Sti (2.5lt 365BHP) Picture on the FM Website if you want to look at it www.fragmaster.net, had more speed but, we was only doing 3 junctions on the motor way, and a bit of traffic, but it was pretty cool.

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG