The online racing simulator
Quote from shadow2kx :I Think it's quiet random. But, if you are on the server you can seen when the track is going to change, just type $track. It will display a lot of usefull thing (number of race before change, time before restarting if race is over, lap consumsion (depending of your car), race fuel needed, ...)

yes, thank you, I have noticed. But still...

Furthermore, it is very ambigous how many points I need to get to next level. There is the green bar, but come on... It's very unclear.

(I'm not complaining, CTRA rocks!!!)
Quote from PLAYLIFE :yes, thank you, I have noticed. But still...

Furthermore, it is very ambigous how many points I need to get to next level. There is the green bar, but come on... It's very unclear.

(I'm not complaining, CTRA rocks!!!)

Erm, it tells you %age wise how far you are towards the next level
You want more than this?

And yes, it rocks, big time
CTRA Servers
Well I have tried to get on all CTRA servers
and every link in the thread comes up with no webpage
All the servers come up with no webpage

Whats happening

Mikey
What do you mean?
Tried to jon via link but doesnt have Join2LFS?
Ctra ?????????
Well all the links in the top message dont work
I tried to access the CTA server online eventually managed to get in one. Could'nt join a race while it was running. When I was able to join it refused saying, no auto gears. HUH. Then its says you cant join as a passenger. What the hell does that mean. PASSNENGER.

SO what is all the hype about CTRA

Beyond me

Mikey
1) you can't use auto gears, it's to force a bit of skill, becuase statistically, most poor/wrecker drivers use auto gears, also autogears are so much slower, that you should really be using manual gears.

2) you may have a faulty setup, try using a different one, with no passengers in the car (last tab on setup menu, make sure all are set to "none")

3) Eventually managing to get into a server, you should have been trying to join "CTRA Race 1" or "CTRA Bump'N'Jump" or "CTRA Single Seater 1" until you get sufficient licencing to join the Race 2 and Race 3 or SS2 and SS3 derived servers. Going to Raceauthority.com and reading over the whole rules bit, might be a good idea.
No mid-race join and no auto-gears is to keep wreckers away from the servers to make YOUR racing experience better. You shouldnt complain about that.

And it says that you have passengers when you use an old set. Just take another one and try that.
Quote from Mikey-UK :SO what is all the hype about CTRA

Beyond me

That's because you're a n00000000b!!!111oneoneleven

On a serious note: what the guys ^above me^ said
Quote from Mikey-UK :Well all the links in the top message dont work

I tried to access the CTA server online eventually managed to get in one. Could'nt join a race while it was running. When I was able to join it refused saying, no auto gears. HUH. Then its says you cant join as a passenger. What the hell does that mean. PASSNENGER.

SO what is all the hype about CTRA

Beyond me

Mikey

Do you have Join2LFS installed ?
You need it to be able to join servers from webpage links.

You would have had to agree to the rules when you first connected, did you actually read them ?
They are on the www.raceauthority.com site somewhere if you missed them, of type $rules in the chatbox ingame.

A passenger is an occupant of a vehicle other than the driver.
If you didn't have any, then it's a known bug with some setups. Use a different setup.

The hype is the fact that you have multiple servers with multiple classes of racing (mixed classes on some servers) and that the racing is a lot fairer and cleaner than you generally find on other public servers because of the licensing and reporting systems.
Quote from HVS5b :Erm, it tells you %age wise how far you are towards the next level
You want more than this?

I want more than this? Imagine that!?

I can clearly see how many points I get for winning a race and I can clearly see how many percent my licence progress is. But I can't compare those!!!!!!!!

How many oranges is one apple???????????????? How many telephones do you need to get 100% ?
Its probably intentional that you dont know exactly how many points you need for the next license.

But you can see how fast or slow the percents increase and therefore you can also guess when you will reach the next license.

And there are the bars on the servers when you type $ctra, too.
It's easy enough to figure out (approximately) if you've passed anything further than about 4th grade math.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's easy enough to figure out (approximately) if you've passed anything further than about 4th grade math.

Do you want me to help you with the calculations then?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's easy enough to figure out (approximately) if you've passed anything further than about 4th grade math.

Hint for PLAYLIFE: you can see your total points on MyCTRA.
For all of us who always hated math in school and forgot everything about it the very second they graduated: How do I figure out, how many points I have left to gold when my current status is 2553 pts and 41% to gold?

I have a feeling I need to know how many points were necessary to get bronze, but I'm a total math dummy and it's likely that I'm utterly wrong.

Edit: yes, sorry, I meant silver, not bronze.
Quote from Linsen :How do I figure out, how many points I have left to gold when my current status is 2553 pts and 41% to gold?

You cant. Like I said you can guess the points you need but you cant say exactly.

And yes, you would need to know the points needed to get your current license because the percents always start with 0 when you reach a new license.
Quote from Linsen :I have a feeling I need to know how many points were necessary to get bronze, but I'm a total math dummy and it's likely that I'm utterly wrong.

In your case you'd have to know how many points are required to get to Silver, not Bronze. If you know that I'd be happy to give you an estimate as to how many points you have to get to get to Gold.

EDIT: okay nevermind, judging by the page posted by zeugnimod below I was completely wrong
Well, you know, the easiest solution is, like mentioned above by zeugnimod, to simply look up where the license status changes on the score lists.

Back then when they weren't yet available, the method would've been to note down the % missing to next level and your current points, then race a bit gaining points and then note down the new % missing and new points again. That way by applying a bit of simple math you were able to figure out the previous and next license limit.
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, you know, the easiest solution is, like mentioned above by zeugnimod, to simply look up where the license status changes on the score lists.

That's easy enough, thx.

1,747 left then, I guess (unless becky has used some crazy odd figure).
I want to report ward for bad behavior. Where can I do that.
The report function is there for a reason But by the way, got curious, what have he done wrong?
Currently it's been relocated to the MyCTRA site.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG