The online racing simulator
Quote from Maelstrom :I tried Nkpro's demo and the only feeling I got from it was that it was a game in alpha stage

I tried nKPro's demo and the only feeling i got from it was that it was the best driving experience i had ever had. I bought it immediately.

15 months down the line I still feel the same way, I still have the best racing I've ever had, and still think the driving feel of the single seater's in LFS is completely dead in comparison, which is saying something as i love LFS to bits.

EVERY person i know that raced netKar pro then moved to LFS say the same thing...they cant feel what's going on in LFS. (or any other sims for that matter) NetKar ruined other sims for many of us.
As much as i love LFS (it does so many things so well, and nothing beats it for the sheer amount of racing to be had) it will always be second best for me.

I really hope the new demo is going to convince a few people as to what a great sim it really is, but i fear the damage is done(and rightfully so, the dev is a good programmer but the worst business man/PR man in the Sim industry). No skin off my back though, I'll continue to enjoy great racing in great feeling cars with some great drivers and not an idiot in sight on the track.(no gags about not seeing anyone on track pls :razz
You mean:

I play nKPro and get bored becuase there's only 2 other cars online, and the pings to servers are in the 4 day range...

<Go easy Moose... >
Quote from The Moose :I tried nKPro's demo and the only feeling i got from it was that it was the best driving experience i had ever had. I bought it immediately.

15 months down the line I still feel the same way, I still have the best racing I've ever had, and still think the driving feel of the single seater's in LFS is completely dead in comparison, which is saying something as i love LFS to bits.

EVERY person i know that raced netKar pro then moved to LFS say the same thing...they cant feel what's going on in LFS. (or any other sims for that matter) NetKar ruined other sims for many of us.
As much as i love LFS (it does so many things so well, and nothing beats it for the sheer amount of racing to be had) it will always be second best for me.

I really hope the new demo is going to convince a few people as to what a great sim it really is, but i fear the damage is done(and rightfully so, the dev is a good programmer but the worst business man/PR man in the Sim industry). No skin off my back though, I'll continue to enjoy great racing in great feeling cars with some great drivers and not an idiot in sight on the track.(no gags about not seeing anyone on track pls :razz

I did enjoy from netkar online races when did them, but don't know if I could agree from feeling thing, what wheel you have and how it is configured if it is dfp?
I race only those small formulas without wings as I'm against downforce, it seem to remove all feeling in any sim or at least it makes car to act way where error means losing it completely.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You mean:

I play nKPro and get bored becuase there's only 2 other cars online, and the pings to servers are in the 4 day range...

Lol, naa..what are you on about pings in the 4 day range? my ping to the european servers is 40....My Canadian team mate gets a ping of 120 to our server in Holland.
Our server has pretty full grids every night.

<I think i went pretty easy >

@JTbo

I use a MSFF,and it feels absolutely brilliant but i've tried it with a DFP and a G25 and its even better with them. I'll find out what settings my brother uses with his DFP though.

I don't race the Formula Fords as there is very rarely anyone driving them, but i do love em they really feel 'alive'.
It's almost exclusively the Formula Renault i drive, its the only popular car, probably due to the GPC.
After reinstalling nK-Pro when the modded tracks started appearing, I could never get my clutch pedal to work. It calibrates in the control setup screen, then does **** all in the car.

If I could get that resolved I might give it another try, but I just can't be bothered enough to find out why it doesn't work.
That's my biggest issue, I won't buy nKP, becuase I really need the proper dials working, if I was able to atleast try it with everything working, then I might buy it, but the retarded restriction in demo of disabling gauges, really turns me off of it.

EDIT: Oh, and what whore hosts his commercial game on a free file hosting site?
Quote from thisnameistaken :If I could get that resolved I might give it another try, but I just can't be bothered enough to find out why it doesn't work.

Hmm, could be stating the obvious but do you have autocluch off in your setup?
Also, looking at his mirrors, 1 I get a 1 kb/s connection to, the other is some pirated movie, another is broken, and the rest are outright shady. Maybe if he gets a proper mirror... Hell, give me Megaupload or better, gimme a torrent.
Quote from The Moose :Hmm, could be stating the obvious but do you have autocluch off in your setup?

I think?

I know if I put it in gear it stalls, but I can put it in first with lots of throttle. Not sure what sort of a clutch aid would work like that but it certainly makes it tricky to get out of the garage.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Also, looking at his mirrors, 1 I get a 1 kb/s connection to, the other is some pirated movie, another is broken, and the rest are outright shady. Maybe if he gets a proper mirror... Hell, give me Megaupload or better, gimme a torrent.

Strange...mirror 1 (http://www.sharebigfile.com/fi ... o-hikki-1-0-2-exe.html%20)

Gives me a 248kb/s download (full speed for my connection) Thats where i downloaded it from a couple of weeks ago when i reinstalled.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think?

I know if I put it in gear it stalls, but I can put it in first with lots of throttle. Not sure what sort of a clutch aid would work like that but it certainly makes it tricky to get out of the garage.

What wheel do you have? G25? I'll ask one of the guys how they set it up.
Quote from The Moose :What wheel do you have? G25? I'll ask one of the guys how they set it up.

Nah I'm cheap, DFP and a Driving Force - I use its accelerator for the clutch pedal.

Thing is I'm sure I had it working when I first installed nK-Pro when it was released, so I wondered if it might be patch-related. Maybe they're trying to hawk BRD pedals to cheapskates like me.
Well, most of my teammates use a clutch so i'll ask around for some hints, though none of them have had a problem afaik.

I think its better for everyone to wait for the 1.03 patch and the new demo before trying nKpro now. (it IS coming, that i can assure you, just at Kunos normal speed unfortunately) At least there will be the proper display available and online capability this time round.
Quote from The Moose :I think its better for everyone to wait for the 1.03 patch and the new demo before trying nKpro now. (it IS coming, that i can assure you, just at Kunos normal speed unfortunately) At least there will be the proper display available and online capability this time round.

Agreed. I'm refusing the play it until 1.0.3 comes out, otherwise I'll dissolution myself to it's lack of feeling. I will, however, come at it fresh and unbiased when the mythical patch is released.
Is 1.0.3 going to be free?, it must be over a year since Nkp was released, and we were only supposed to have free patches for a year.
of course it will be. if it werent, Kunos would need to enter the Witness Protection Program.

iirc, the demo's supposed to be multiplayer as well.
Quote from thisnameistaken :After reinstalling nK-Pro when the modded tracks started appearing, I could never get my clutch pedal to work.......

I spotted something else to try if you haven't already.

Jouni said...
"in controller setup have you set the clutch max and min set?

max = -100
min = 100

the S11 bar on the right should have the blue line at full.

is use clutch button unticked?

IN GARAGE open MISC:

clutch speed up 250
clutch speed dn 800

these 2 could be better wtih diff values but im using them atm. and they seem fine for me."
OK, I think auto-clutch is on.

I've got the clutch axis selected, set min and max, button clutch un-ticked, etc. But it's definitely got auto-clutch happening in the car. Where's the setting to turn it off???

Edit: Oh right, car setup, "misc", makes perfect sense.
Monaco still looks like shit. I've got Spa here too - are there any other circuits available for it now? I thought I heard of Silverstone being released?
Cheers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Cheers.

Your welcome...enjoy the lovely chunky fences

Admittedly the addon tracks aren't the best looking tracks in the world, but considering most of the publicly released ones were fairly quick conversions of a 6(?) year old game, just to get some more tracks out there, they don't look too bad.

I hope Dijon will be released to the public one day as it looks pretty damn good, as does another not released to anyone track that is coming up.

A decent amount of AA/AF makes all the difference too, if you have a machine that can handle it.

I'm not a graphics whore anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. it's all about the feel and the racing for me.
I have thrown lots of AA and AF at them, it's the lighting that sucks. And the textures in many places (especially those pristine armco barriers at Monaco).

I ran it for an hour or two tonight and I still just don't get netKar - or rather it doesn't get me. I can't put my finger on it but there's something that just makes it... not exciting?

Maybe if there was anybody to race against it might hold my interest longer, but lapping offline - even around Monaco - I'm bored after three laps. Not even long enough to get the setup working well!

I might have a fag and give it another go.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG