The online racing simulator
As The Very End highlights we've had major issues with people cutting in the past so a lot of tracks have modifications to prevent this - some more aesthetically done than others.

FE2 is an interesting one because we've totally changed the nature of the first chicane - it's significantly better if all drivers know that it is there, if not, it's bedlam - but so was the original so nothing is lost.

FE1 - that was the layout we used in the STCC, it's under consideration but is a low priority atm.
My only complaint is that the objects used to prevent cutting at Blackwood end up causing more accidents on the first few laps. The first chicane is a good example, because if you cut that full speed on the exit you will damage your car and sometimes spin off, however if theres an accident you can slow down and avoid hitting other cars by cutting it. It is the same in the second chicane with the green cones, you can't really gain time by cutting there but you can avoid a potential accident. The faster guys will tell you that at Blackwood you can't gain any time by cutting, you only do it when you misjudge a turn or need to avoid an accident.

The only other thing is that using green cones on grass makes them a little hard to spot unless you know they are there. I agree with the objects on most other tracks by the way, those make sense and prevent accidents more often than not.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :...The faster guys will tell you that at Blackwood you can't gain any time by cutting, you only do it when you misjudge a turn or need to avoid an accident.

In the road cars i thought it was faster to cut the exit off the chicane? I'm sure it is if you put your outside wheel on the edge of the kerb...
Quote from Jakg :In the road cars i thought it was faster to cut the exit off the chicane? I'm sure it is if you put your outside wheel on the edge of the kerb...

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that I was talking about the Single Seaters, the FOX mainly. In the road cars you don't really take much damage and you can cut and gain time.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yes sorry I should have mentioned that I was talking about the Single Seaters, the FOX mainly. In the road cars you don't really take much damage and you can cut and gain time.

On a hotlap you can gain some 10`s of a second if you cut the chicane with the Fox. Of course this is highly risky, but lets say you doing one lap and goes full trottle over the chicane, yes you do get some damage but not that much, and it may results that you can get a very fast lap there.
Online it doesn`t help that much, because if you do it like 4-5 times (have tried) you screws up your suspension so heavy that it`s like impossible to brake and turn without spining out.
Thats my point, is a potential tenth or two gained by a few drivers at the risk of damage to their cars, worth the risk of 2 or 3 cars being wrecked by flying objects?
Thats a good question
I really don`t know if it`s good or bad hehe.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Thats my point, is a potential tenth or two gained by a few drivers at the risk of damage to their cars, worth the risk of 2 or 3 cars being wrecked by flying objects?

Well it might be since it places you higher on grid for next race. However i find dodging the removed and rolling objects a pain and it sometimes not possible and causes mayhem.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Well it might be since it places you higher on grid for next race. However i find dodging the removed and rolling objects a pain and it sometimes not possible and causes mayhem.

And you saying something there mate.
Lol, on Fe or Bw it`s very hard sometimes to dodge flying objects (that includes cars too), and it`s very bittering to have to pit after a crash because a haybale hit you :/
In the road cars its not such a big issue, they can take quite a heavy hit without seriously hurting the car. But in the little FOX a stray bale or tyre is fatal.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :In the road cars its not such a big issue, they can take quite a heavy hit without seriously hurting the car. But in the little FOX a stray bale or tyre is fatal.

Tell me about it, been there done that X100 times
Anyway, I was racing early this morning, and I noticed that even if you are the only racer on the server, you still scored points by racing a race.
I find that strange, because I belived the points was based on what place you finished in in a race, but when it`s only you it doesn`t count as a race, so therfor - why do you get points then if you are the only one on the track?
Quote from The Very End :(...) - why do you get points then if you are the only one on the track?

Maybe the system pities you for being so desperate that you'd race all by yourself?
Quote from Linsen :Maybe the system pities you for being so desperate that you'd race all by yourself?

Haha thats maybe the reason, or maybe it feels pity for me that I have driven 900 laps and still only have bronze lisence
It's the former, if you are on your own the server needs more people and the last thing it will do is send you away saying you dont deserve points - it says 'please stay, and because you did a reasonable lap here's a point or three', you cant score many points with less than 4 cars on the grid at the start, but you can score.
Quote from Becky Rose :It's the former, if you are on your own the server needs more people and the last thing it will do is send you away saying you dont deserve points - it says 'please stay, and because you did a reasonable lap here's a point or three', you cant score many points with less than 4 cars on the grid at the start, but you can score.

Thank you for the answer, it`s clear up the thing
Care to explain why I was banned from CTRA Single Seater 1?? I haven't plaed lfs in 4 days and when I come back it says I'm banned
PM'ing.
Quote from Becky Rose :PM'ing.

Oh well it's fine so, I only wondered why I couldn't connect to the server, I guess I'll have to go on Redline Racing 2 for a couple of weeks so
Hi all. My nickname in lfsworld and in Ctra is malcomax; before the patch X my license Ctra was Silver, but now it is copper; how is it?
Thank you for the answers.
Hello malcomax, there have been a few licences I know of that for some reason where not migrated to the new database. I wasn't involved in the migration and cannot explain why, I just know Sam left me a tool to combine your old and new licence together - so i've used it - and you should have all your licence points (both old and new) back again. Along with any notes on your licence.
Thanks
Are the servers down?
Got disconected and can`t find them on the server list.

Edit : comon omg, don`t tell me that I have been baned again?
If you were banned you still would be able to see them on the server list.

They apparently all died.
Oh FFS this time I did NOTHING!
And if I got baned I want to see the replay and the cause of why I was beeing baned.

I really hope thats not the cause-!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG