The online racing simulator
Quote from FL!P :
Update: BTW, it happened a couple of times that I was crashed near the end of a race, so I went back to the pits and waited for the race to end. And when it did, I was sent to spectate mode and couldn't rejoin because by then the race was full. Any chance you could disable this force spectate when the driver is waiting in the pits?

I had a similar one to this at Blackwood just recently.

I found myself doing a spot of 'lawn mowing' mid race, and decided to go back to the pits before rejoining. By the time I came out and got to the end of the pit lane, most of the field was just passing. They were fairly strung out, so I had to wait quite a while before tagging on to the end.

Just as I was about to pull out, ZAP! - I was beamed off into the grandstand for 'loitering'!
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
If you sit before the pit exit line it should not spectate you, it will only spectate you if you are on the race track. So if there is a queue of cars coming you can wait at the pit exit line for them to clear and you shouldn't be spectated, I think, it was about 2 months ago I coded that.

The pit exit line is usually after the last garage, i'm not referring to the yellow pit exit marker here, but the point where you can turn off the pit limiter.
Quote from Becky Rose :If you sit before the pit exit line it should not spectate you, it will only spectate you if you are on the race track. So if there is a queue of cars coming you can wait at the pit exit line for them to clear and you shouldn't be spectated, I think, it was about 2 months ago I coded that.

The pit exit line is usually after the last garage, i'm not referring to the yellow pit exit marker here, but the point where you can turn off the pit limiter.

Ah, OK.

Thanks Becky.

Yeah, I was right down the end of the slip road behind the post markers, by turn 1. That would explain it.
Quote from Becky Rose :

Which is usually considerably before the wall finishes and you can get a chance to see something in your mirrors/by looking so it could still spectate you for waiting.
Quote from ajp71 :Which is usually considerably before the wall finishes and you can get a chance to see something in your mirrors/by looking so it could still spectate you for waiting.

Keeping an eye on the map might help there, so you can time your run down the pit lane.
Quote from dungbeetle :Keeping an eye on the map might help there, so you can time your run down the pit lane.

I refuse to use the map because IMO it is such a silly arcadey feature, if there was a hotkey to be able to just glance at it I would but I can't cope with racing with it.
The mini map provides information that you could get from your pit crew, until we get pit exit lights (which I guess I could code into X-System in a fashion, but not the same as something realised in 3D within LFS itself) it'll have to do.

At the end of the day its the drivers responsibility to exit the pits safely, and aslong as you do that I couldn't care if you have the minimap on or not.
system-x frozen
hi, becky!
seems like the crta system has frozen on the race 2 server. if you could do sg with it, we would be very happy!
thanks!
schawo
Quote from FL!P :How is defined the length of the delay between races? Admin option, or dynamically based on the number of racers? I ask because when I raced on CTRA 1 I found it nice, but on the Single Seaters server this delay is always very short. If you don't finish in the top 3, you don't even have time to go to the garage and change your setup, or you'll miss the next start. Any chance that you guys increase it a bit?

Thanks for having increased that delay!
Are there soon going to be a stable server?
This morning I and rpobally the most peple on server one, has been disconnected ALOT the recently hours.
Please, try to fix this, really anoying when I get disconect on lap 10/10
I spend too many time to find ruls for giving point, (position on the race, best lap, yellow flags), and I think if we can read this rules, that will be nice.
Olso, i think too that is a good thinking to restict licence racers on lower server (when we rich licence we will race with him) becouse is smole chance for cooper or bronze racers to get any point in race with platinum or gold one.

This evening I got a track record at FE1R, but I was several laps down from the leaders. The track record message was displayed in LFS, but it's not been recorded in CTRA's database. Is that expected? (I'm not complaining, just wondering if I found a bug.)
LFS doesn't keep a "track record", just your PB and the fastest lap of the race - the CTRA has it's own database of the fastest laps on each combo, which LFS doesn't know about.

It sounds like you set the fastest lap of the race, but not a lap faster than the current lap record.
No, it was CTRA's message saying it was a new track record. The one displayed in LFS' chat area. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Update: I see that this fastest lap is now displayed on CTRA's site.
Quote from Becky Rose :We have enhanced blue flag notification, if you are a mid race joiner you are not allowed to influence the people who are racing in any way - you are a practicer. If you are getting a blue flag but did take the start then you are entitled to be there, and the blue flag merely tells you to hold your line and when the leader makes a move to let them through - at a safe part of the track ease off the throttle to make it possible.

If the driver hits a blue flag hotkey, as far as I am concerned, they have forefeited their right to overtake you under blue flag.

If necessary I will get together with the admins and publish official guidelines on blue flag conduct, but I think the only exception to common sense since the new system went live has already posted above. I've not seen many blue flag incidents since we seperated blues for racers and mid race joiners.

Although the blue message for mid-race joiners is clear some racers don't respect it and in short tracks like FE1 and SO1 I find my self fighting with backmarkers not letting me pass in the best situation (I guess they are hotlapping and don't want to loose a good split) or they take the best racing like making me loose time and letting the racer in front get away. I hope that admins would warn drivers when they do that and if the conduct persists receive a ban.
Quote from RiGun :Although the blue message for mid-race joiners is clear some racers don't respect it and in short tracks like FE1 and SO1 I find my self fighting with backmarkers not letting me pass in the best situation (I guess they are hotlapping and don't want to loose a good split) or they take the best racing like making me loose time and letting the racer in front get away. I hope that admins would warn drivers when they do that and if the conduct persists receive a ban.

On this note, I have a question. But first, a response to this post. That is what the report button is for. If they are not conducting themselves in a way that they are following the rules, then you report them.

Now for my question about the report. I can see stats on the license page about reports against you and such. I am wondering if a reported racer is either let go from a report judged to be "wrong" for lack of a better word or banned from the report or can there be reports viewed by the admins and warnings and such given out to that racer? I am assuming that not everything is black and white with ban or no ban, but there is warnings given out from reports because of some of the info I see on the racer stats page.
Both reports I've submitted have resulted in warnings - the resolution status is displayed on my page.

Sam and Becky have said before that they prefer to use warnings and penalties to get people to behave, rather than ban them. Makes sense - I'd rather have a large group of well-behaved racers than a small one.
If they want well behaved drivers Kev, why aren't you banned?
Yesterday was mental racing at south city town course reversed (SO5r) hahhahha

The tight left hander in 1st gear was catching a lot of people out, as you bear right and it dips downhill and the cars were unsettled, so much happened in the tight left hander on lap 1.

I mean, I got hit a fair few times, but what it appeared to be was drivers going full throttle into the back of cars. I viewed the replay, a few times, thinking someone had blatantly done it on purpose but I was wrong.

Its just a really really really hard corner to take, even when you are driving alone! The setup I got from inferno was quite loose also, so I assumed that others had this or a similar setup and was struggling in the same way. All you can do is just try to get people to calm down, and hope they get more comfortable with that corner. As the time went on more and more got used to it and less happened.

I almost reported a crash but thought twice about it, definately was just a racing incident, but at the time appeared like some blatant wrecking! Because that corner is hard, and when it goes tits up it goes tits up badly.

Its good to watch the replay a couple of times yourself before reporting it. Gives the blood time to cool down. Warnings are good. Id like to see intentional wrecks banned but for a new guy to get banned just for being caught out by a corner that everyone gets caught out on sometimes, is a little harsh.

:hippy:Peace, love and LFS.
SO Long Rev. is even worse, especially in the road cars.

T1 looks easy but it's rock hard to judge the entry and gives you no opportunity to back out if you get it wrong - only the bravest take it flat out. And then of course there's the right-hander that goes down the off-ramp and back up into the city, that looks like you can take it quite quick until you get to the top of the slope, all the wheels unload and you're in the wall on the outside.

Just surviving five laps of that is an achievement.
Quote from RiGun :Although the blue message for mid-race joiners is clear some racers don't respect it and in short tracks like FE1 and SO1 I find my self fighting with backmarkers not letting me pass in the best situation (I guess they are hotlapping and don't want to loose a good split) or they take the best racing like making me loose time and letting the racer in front get away. I hope that admins would warn drivers when they do that and if the conduct persists receive a ban.

I'm not going to do a single thing, unless there's a report about it. I cant do miracles and omnipotence is well and truly not my specialty.

There is a new tool on the server for blue flag situations though, one that I hope will clear up the CTRA regulations on blue flags. There's a whole page detailing what to do about blue flags in all situations...

Just type $blue, or look it up from the $help menu.

If you've been spamming blue flag hotkeys, for example, then they are absolutely entitled to block you. If it's them in the wrong, you could start by directing them there or raising a report if they wont respond to reason.
Quote from richy :Yesterday was mental racing at south city town course reversed (SO5r) hahhahha

The tight left hander in 1st gear was catching a lot of people out, as you bear right and it dips downhill and the cars were unsettled, so much happened in the tight left hander on lap 1.

I mean, I got hit a fair few times, but what it appeared to be was drivers going full throttle into the back of cars. I viewed the replay, a few times, thinking someone had blatantly done it on purpose but I was wrong.

Its just a really really really hard corner to take, even when you are driving alone! The setup I got from inferno was quite loose also, so I assumed that others had this or a similar setup and was struggling in the same way. All you can do is just try to get people to calm down, and hope they get more comfortable with that corner. As the time went on more and more got used to it and less happened.

I almost reported a crash but thought twice about it, definately was just a racing incident, but at the time appeared like some blatant wrecking! Because that corner is hard, and when it goes tits up it goes tits up badly.

Its good to watch the replay a couple of times yourself before reporting it. Gives the blood time to cool down. Warnings are good. Id like to see intentional wrecks banned but for a new guy to get banned just for being caught out by a corner that everyone gets caught out on sometimes, is a little harsh.

:hippy:Peace, love and LFS.

You saying something there, and yes, 8/10 times I missed that corner horrible, it`s so damn hard to do it right :S
I just got kicked for not being active, but I was racing. I had raced maybe 4-5 races Bug ?? And I was winning
And I only have 3 race finishes. I have finished way more that 3 times

But the system is cool
Quote from thisnameistaken : And then of course there's the right-hander that goes down the off-ramp and back up into the city, that looks like you can take it quite quick

I've been wondering for a while... is there some sort of map where all the corners and other important parts of the track are displayed and named/numbered? T1 is usually easy, but on the longer tracks I have to count what T5 is... Maybe there are even names, like the new Michael Schumacher S or the Scawen Chicane?
Quote from riffey4 :I've been wondering for a while... is there some sort of map where all the corners and other important parts of the track are displayed and named/numbered? T1 is usually easy, but on the longer tracks I have to count what T5 is... Maybe there are even names, like the new Michael Schumacher S or the Scawen Chicane?

Names for bends has been discussed many, many times before, riffey4.

It's an idea that appeals to most people and so it's often suggested.

I think there was even an organised thread at one stage to do this, where people submitted names and voted for the ones they wanted.

Unfortunately no general consensus could be reached and it fell through.

Do a quick search and you'll find lots of threads on the subject.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG