The online racing simulator
Quote :Yeah I tried that in the $prefs menu today, but results still pop-up.

Thanks Tweeker, after reconnecting do the $prefs still show as off please? I'll look into this tonight when I get back from hospital.

It worked fine in testing too
Becky, tested it right now, it shows as off, but doesn't take my change into effect.
Quote from Becky Rose :things like the German tendancy to use a comma instead of a dot when uploading fuel values, stuff like that which we didnt expect.

Surely by "German" you actually mean "the Whole of Europe except the UK", right? Yeah, I can imagine stuff like that is hard to predict when you live in the only European country still using the imperial system
Oh the Germans
Quote from obsolum :I can imagine stuff like that is hard to predict when you live in the only European country still using the imperial system

We only use parts of the imperial system, just enough of them to make it impossible to predict which measure we're going to use for something.
Quote from obsolum :Surely by "German" you actually mean "the Whole of Europe except the UK", right? Yeah, I can imagine stuff like that is hard to predict when you live in the only European country still using the imperial system

Don't forget Ireland.
Quote from Bean0 :Don't forget Ireland.

Hmm you're right This will probably offend some people but I usually just count that as part of the UK. I know that's not correct, though. Scotland still uses the imperial system as wel, right?
Quote from SamH :Thanks for the feedback!

We can't do the 24/7 admin, unfortunately, not least because I'm about to go to a UKCT party where I intend to get very drunk but also because I'm headed off for a 2 week tour of Europe soon after that. The other admins are also fairly busy or recovering from getting the system out there.

Nope, the admins in the server are you guys. Using the new reporting system it's easy to identify the culprit and report 'em. Please do so, and when we can we'll address the reports. You can file and track the progress of your report using $rep in the server, and you can also watch your submitted reports on your MYCTRA page on the website

PS: feel free to swear at me in as many different languages as you like by PM, and I'll get the words into the filter. Importantly, we aren't actually anti-swearing. Our swear-filter tries to target directed abuse, so a little info on what each one means will help us structure the filter best

Thanks Sam and Becky for all the effort, in replying to every comment in here. Yet again, outstanding job !

I'll pm you some Dutch swearing words, the most frequent used ones, as some French basic ones.

I'll try to make use of the reporting system, however in this case I've another question, why is the kick function not availlable on the B&J server ? IF there is a wrecker present or someone who clearly does not understand the rules of B&J racing, we can kick this one and have our fun. While now we have to endure every race again and again the person his/her swearing, wrecking and such.

Regards,
GC
Quote from Becky Rose :I actually think the other way, we let people who join mid race take part in the qualifying, imagine if you will that you, as quite a quick driver, just joined the server. You have a choice, you can start at the back the next race, or you can go out and do a qualifying lap under our concurrent qualifying system and start near the front - your a fast driver, you deserve to be there.

LFS has a history of race position determining your starting grid, we're experimenting with this concurrent qualifying system because we think it offers some advantages, for one - imagine a fast or fastish driver tripping over a backmarker - they then start the next race from the back under normal LFS. With our system they get to resume from their warranted position and try again.

Personally I quite enjoy the new system because I think it puts drivers more or less where they are meant to be and helps to keep things calmer when things go wrong, and prevents the uber leetzor alien crowd from having to charge through the field [not really the same as having a good battle with someone of your own level].

I agree pretty much 100% with this, though it does sometimes lead to the guy who's a second faster than everyone else running away and winning 20 races in a row.
the system was down on server one a few minutes ago

well, at least when i left the server it's was still not working
Thanks for letting us know. Becky's had to go see the docs today, so I've been on the server and restarted the manager. It appears to have connected to the LFS servers fine again
it's running great now, just had some fun there

thanks for the fix!
Quote from Becky Rose :There must be at least 4 cars on the grid for race stats other than laps + yellows to be recorded, otherwise they should be recorded, yes.

Sry Becky for late post :

Host: CTRA Single Seater 1
Position: 1st out of 7, doing 10 laps

still not recorded...

i know now that it must be 4 or more at start...there were 3 propably and others joined later... oh well.
Quote from kamo2000 :Sry Becky for late post :

Host: CTRA Single Seater 1
Position: 1st out of 7, doing 10 laps

still not recorded...

i know now that it must be 4 or more at start...there were 3 propably and others joined later... oh well.

There were at least 2 races last night i was in where 0 points were awarded to any1 and there were over 10 racers at the start. The 1st of these Becky was there at the start and told us about the experimental patch before disconning.

Seems it also went down just lol. Im 3 for 3 in top 4 finishes on the SS server and yet still not a point to my name

Gotta love those teething problems Great system guys and gal. Teething probs and all im still enjoying it a lot
The ctra system has been down on server1 for the last 10 to 15 minutes
Its down on every server.
It's been down for a good hour IIRC. I am going to have to get the boot procedure off Sam or Becky =)
SYSTEM DOWN SYSTEM DOWN X IS DOWN; I REPEAT X IS DOWN! REQUESTING ANTI VIRUS! xD
Sorry i've been away from my computer, I had a very difficult day today and although I think I know what I need to do to address the crash bug I havn't the energy for it. I'll check in later to make sure it's still running.
New system looks great, congratulations Becky, Sam and crew. It is proving impossible to get on though, not because the server's have gone down, well that too but they're just too darn popular

Glad you've had a win with CTRA X, you deserve it!

PS, hope you feel better soon Becky
Good system but these are the worst servers i have driven on ever. people on the servers have no regard for anyone else a punch of idiots the majority.
Quote from jjones :Good system but these are the worst servers i have driven on ever. people on the servers have no regard for anyone else a punch of idiots the majority.

I dont know what planet you are on but I would definately have to disagree.
Quote from StableX :I dont know what planet you are on but I would definately have to disagree.

Well not the same one ur on m8

Every time ive been on these server i get taken out by idiots every time, i have not yet had a clean run. Ive seen some good racing but i seem to be unlucky.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG