The online racing simulator
Yeah I've been wondering about the Yellow Flag statistics myself. How exactly does it track which driver causes a yellow flag? For instance, suppose I get bumped into from the rear by someone when exiting a fast corner and I spin - maybe even taking someone else with me on the way - thus causing a yellow flag while the guy who bumped into me just continues on his way (had it happen a few times yesterday on CTRA1 ) Technically it wasn't my fault, it's the fault of the guy who bumped into me but the system will blame me for it, right? I know, of course, that there are restrictions on what the system can do without human input but still, if you're on a bad luck streak your yellow flag stats could go up while you're actually not to blame
Our yellow flag system does not try to attribute blame, if you are involved in an accident and throw a yellow flag, it counts the yellow. One thing I will say though, is that looking at the statistics and the driving since we started collecting this information, there is a definate pattern that is reflected in the yellow flag %...

Most drivers have the capability to avoid more accidents than they choose too.

Sure not all accidents are you fault, and even some of the cleanest drivers I know have anything up to about 20% yellows. That's a stark contract however to the yellow flag ratio some other drivers have...
Quote from Becky Rose :No forced cockpit view, that's an LFS setting (goto Options/Views and click custom)

You are right, thx.

I totally forgot to look there because I didn't changed it but "custom" was just turned off.
(Note to myself: Don't let a friend play LFS unattended on my pc again )
I agree with you, the Yellow Flag ratio is not realy representatif of the driver skill to not cause crash. I actualy lived situation like you've explain (bieing active actor or just pasive) and there is one thing worst than having no chances to win a race due to a crash is that the person who caused the crash is not penalised at all and you got your ratio of yellow flag goes up. Anyway, it's a good idea but we should not care to much attention to this ratio. I think it will be impossible to tweak it unless the colision detection suport for insim is ready.
The ratio doesn't mean much, as usually there are very clean drivers (20-odd%), occasionally-dirty drivers (50+%) and really atrociously bad drivers (100%+)
Is the CTRA website not well at the moment, or is it just me?
Looks fine to me. I feel a router reset going on in somebodies dung hill
...what do you mean? It's working fine here...
Something just seems odd in my stats, it thinks I've done 22 races and 48 laps when the races I did last night were all 3-8 laps. I suppose you could add a couple of mid race joins/pits into that but it still shouldn't be more than a 1:3 ratio. I'm wondering if spectating has an influence on these figures?
Quote from Becky Rose :Looks fine to me. I feel a router reset going on in somebodies dung hill

Yeah. As you can prolly imagine, my router runs on methane and I'm all outa fuel atm.

Back soon with more.

EDIT: Thank you. All better now.
Quote :I'm wondering if spectating has an influence on these figures?

There was a bug for a short while on initial launch where races spectated where being tracked, it was fixed but might have skewed your early stats slightly.
I don't know if it's been mentionned yet, but you can't join mid-race before lap 2. This works for races but also applies to post-race lap counts..
its been mentioned and Becky was trying to fix it last night
Nice !, guys and girl
Quote from Breizh :I don't know if it's been mentionned yet, but you can't join mid-race before lap 2. This works for races but also applies to post-race lap counts..

Actually it's more likely to have just been where i've restarted the software, it can take a minute to sync - it needs somebody to cross the line in a race in order to let the software know that lap 2 has been exceeded.
Had a few races on the XFG/XRG server earlier, I have to say that I love the Menus and the website is great also Lovely system CTRA
But there is something wrong i think. I was just looking at my MyCtra and i saw this:

Quote :
Wins: 14
Podium: 14

Does this mean that i was 14 times the winner and so 14 times on a podium? Or i've been 14 times first and 14 times in 2nd or 3th place? I've been playing tonight and i did "a lot" of 2nd and 3th places.

Maybe it will be more interesting to display it like on LFSW:

Quote :
Races won: 57
Second: 70
Third: 51

And maybe add the total number of podiums. Sound more interesting i think. Or i'm totaly wrong?
Wins = 1st, Podium = 1st - 3rd. So podiums are counted when you win (although we store the data seperately for each field) We dont store whether a podium was 2nd or 3rd. Our stats are quite different to LFSW in many ways, to me I figured, well you are either in a trophy position, or you aren't, I guess this is something to do with my own racing mentality:

A win is good, a trophy is ok, anything else is just an entry fee.
I think a yellow flag is raised when a car at a certain position is x% slower than an AI car would be (or something similar), though I'm not sure. However, if that is the case, it would mean if you go slow to avoid an accident, like in a typical T1 situation, YOU raise a yellow flag because you're too slow and considered an obstacle/crashed by LFS. I think especially with a full 32 player grid there are a lot of yellow flags registered which are actually nothing more than a fluke in the yellow flag detection system of LFS.

Whatever, the CTRA team did a very fine job with the X-System - the ingame interface simply rocks, as does the website (though the MyCTRA page looks a bit cluttered)
just wondering how to set ctra sig? it seems mines not working
Quote from Becky Rose :Wins = 1st, Podium = 1st - 3rd. So podiums are counted when you win (although we store the data seperately for each field) We dont store whether a podium was 2nd or 3rd. Our stats are quite different to LFSW in many ways, to me I figured, well you are either in a trophy position, or you aren't, I guess this is something to do with my own racing mentality:

A win is good, a trophy is ok, anything else is just an entry fee.

Ok, i've well understand now but isn't that wired that the win's count is the same than the podium's count? I was at least +/-5 times 2nd and +/-10 times 3th so if i have understand the result should be 14 wins and +/- 14+5+10 podium wich is not the case.

Edit:
Ok, thankfully to lfsworld i checked my race history of today since my first play on ctra xsystem.
Here is the results: 14 times first, 9 times second and 5 times 3rd.
So the podium count is not 1st - 3rd but 2nd - 3rd.
Now i have my answer

@ Gass: use this [ ctra ]gass[ / ctra ] (without spaces)
[ctra]gass[/ctra]
Becky, I still time out after every race, due to the results screen being drawn. Very frustrating.
Quote from Jakg :Just fyi the size it resizes to is 180*240, so if it doesn't upload you can fiddle the image in Photoshop yourself

Ah, it has to be actual size?

Cheers
I Race 3 server!

The GT2 class is so greatly balanced. Very different cars, but still very close racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG