The online racing simulator
i went from 7th to 3rd place and i didnt get any pts. how long till the openwheeler servers are open?
pts problems where caused by the SQL shutting down, as per details above.
sorry
You all have done something amazing the CTRA interface ingame is very professional looking.
I can't wait to check this out tomorrow
Quote from Becky Rose :Yup, turns out that SQL has a control code character, \ backslash \, and somebody had that in their player name so when it saved his lap record the SQL system fouled up, my software detects any SQL error and shuts it off all access to it to protect the integrity of the database. With the debug info we where able to track it pretty quick, thankfully - I was actually starting to get a bit panicked and worried that this was going to be another 5am session!

hm so what would happen if someone were to use sql commands as his nick ?
Had a go for a half hour or so and I have to say it looks great. Some bugs, obviously, but lots of fun.

I did notice this, though, after leaving the CTRA server and then going to my team server (without exiting LFS):
Quote from Shotglass :hm so what would happen if someone were to use sql commands as his nick ?

The software closes down the SQL system.
*goes to search for current sql exploits* theres gotta be some way to get root rights on the ukct box
Quote from Shotglass :*goes to search for current sql exploits* theres gotta be some way to get root rights on the ukct box

There you go folks. If you don't get your points then it's Shotglass' fault!
Maybe we're uploading the SQL to the wrong server?
Quote from ChiliFan :It's nice to have the servers back for some good pick-up races. Although I did just get involved in a 22 car pile-up.

You report all of them?

Anywho, hope to get a chance to try this out tonight, great job all involved!
Quote from srdsprinter :You report all of them?

Anywho, hope to get a chance to try this out tonight, great job all involved!

LOL, I'll put a replay on YouTube.
actually quite fun, coming from a drifter
Managed to get on Server 1 for a wee while this evening and, well, what can I say.

Fan-bloomin'-tastic!

Love the slick $ menu interface.

Many thanks to Sam, Becky and the posse for all you guys have done.

Just a couple of questions at this point, if I may:

1. Is there a way to stop the results page from popping up straight after I cross the finish line? This makes for some interesting helter-skelter driving while trying to peer through the text to avoid other cars that are coasting to a halt just past the finish.

and

2. Sorry, this is a bit of a noob one, but how do I bind a key to $help?

Cheers
Quote from dungbeetle :...

2. Sorry, this is a bit noob one, but how do I bind a key to $help?

Cheers

Options -> Game -> At the top there is a switch between AI names and F1 to F8 keys.
/me wants a $ok command, so I can navigate various menus while on straight-aways.
I got caught up in that "whole field" pile up, came close to soiling myself when i saw exactly how many people got a piece of it.
Quote from GeForz :Options -> Game -> At the top there is a switch between AI names and F1 to F8 keys.

And if you go to controls you can set more binds for alt + and ctrl +
Someone sneaked an unrestricted FXR onto the GTR/GT2 server.. Lapping high 9s, it should show on the race results records. Have replay.
Quote from Breizh :Someone sneaked an unrestricted FXR onto the GTR/GT2 server.. Lapping high 9s, it should show on the race results records. Have replay.

If you have a platinum license you're allowed to drive the GTRs in the full form
Well hell! hehe
It's true multiclass racing, the grid and results are entirely independent for GT2 and GTR
First of all great work Becky, Sam and everyone!
I think I found a little bug. I started from the pole on my first race and according to my CTRA page I have 1 win but this is not true because I didn't win.
I can't believe it. I'm so psyched up. I long for some XFG at Blackwood so bad and never see it. Server 1 is set to it.... FULL! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Can't wait to join in. I guess I'll be joining the BL with the horrid XRT...
Server 2 has started randomly kicking people for having too low a license mid-race (when they have the right license), it's like playing Russian roulette

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG